Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 13, 2022 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Well, the anime is back to its normal gimmicks again and of course, they still have to deal with Mukuro. Imo, she also has one of the more badass fighting outfits in this show.

Definintely one of the more intense episode as Shido takes the fight into space.
May 13, 2022 7:01 AM

Sep 2021
This feel like star wars lmao being a fight with ships and swords in space an all of that.
So they finally get to open mukuro´s heart and she really have a different personality with her heart open.
And it seems more girls will change their personality in the preview of the next episode.
May 13, 2022 7:05 AM

Feb 2019
Not really a fan of the cgi used today, seemed unnecessary in some moments. The actual space fights themselves were pretty cool, always nice to see shido actually involved in the battle. Loved origami’s new outfit/power up too. Would’ve liked to have seen more of Ike and Elliot’s fight, tho.

Overall really fun episode that’s definitely peak date a live, can’t wait for next week. Looks like we’re getting inverse tohka.. on a date? Hype
May 13, 2022 7:27 AM

Feb 2019
Had noticed Natsumi was missing and was curious why she wasn't being shown.

The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 13, 2022 7:27 AM
Apr 2020
It skipped so many things at once, I said that it will be rushed before.
May 13, 2022 7:50 AM

Dec 2010
Episode 6 challenge.

Count how many times Muku said Nushi-sama.

Sad we didn't get to see the fight between Elliot and Ike.

THAT PREVIEW THOUGHHHHH. ARE WE GETTING TENKA?!!?!
booyah10May 13, 2022 7:54 AM
May 13, 2022 7:53 AM

Jun 2021
Oh my god, Mukuro is such a cutie.
May 13, 2022 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
Shido had really nice bath. probably the best bath he could have in his entire life. lol
May 13, 2022 8:09 AM

Mar 2021
love the ship fights with the fraxinus
May 13, 2022 8:33 AM
Nov 2019
Episode 6 and yet no kurumi :(
Damn I hope from 7-10 or 9-12 is about kurumi and what she does . Don’t want to spoil it for people who haven’t reas the light novel
May 13, 2022 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
Elliot and Karen vs. Ike and Beezlebub, their first ever face-off since Elliot parted ways with D.E.M.

Meanwhile, Shido faces off with unlocking Mukuro's heart while Raratoskr prepares for another round against Ellen's lead of D.E.M. and Artemisia Ashcroft, and tell her how many times Muku will do, but Shido's help from Kotori and the Spirits gives him an edge after learning her abilities. This is a date battle that's as outlandish as it could get involving old rivals, new enemies and harnessing new powers.

Mukuro has been saved, and she's back to her normal human Spirit self. And Shido is rewarded with rest and a bath...of the usual expected fanservice. Would've loved to watch the showdown between Elliot and Ike, but that's not the high point, not as of yet.

Reagrding the action in space, it's decent as far as how tech has advanced in the typical 2D-3DCG mix for a modern visual take of DAL. Most certainly it's tbe best produced yet ever after every seasonal studio change that Geek Toys will be the new standard going forward (given that Date A Bullet was surprisingly good).

Next episode's preview is where things start to take a wild turn...Tohka definitely feels different.
May 13, 2022 8:58 AM

Oct 2017
How long have I waited to see Westcott's ass get kicked, wasn't expecting Elliot to do it thou. Kotori did great destroying Goetia and defeating Ellen.

Origami looked beautiful with her new gear and I kinda wanted to see her lick, ahem I mean wash Shido clean. Also wow Mukuro's personality sure did a 180 fast. She became so aggressive and clingy, not that I mind.
May 13, 2022 9:18 AM
Jan 2020
Eh, this feels like so rushed. They're even CG now lmao. The Key Visuals are a scam.

And is the fight with Westcott off screen too in the LN?
May 13, 2022 9:45 AM

Mar 2011
The episode felt awkward because of too much CGI. Mukuro also looked bad on a lot of frames very far from how she looks like in the OP and ED.

I still like the season overall because Nia's arc was so good.
May 13, 2022 9:50 AM
Aug 2021
Alright I'll ask. When did they decide to CG almost an entire scene and put in what looked like video game-esk models? Like I'm all for CG when it's blended, but this is the weirdest time to add cg in the middle of a FOURTH season. It felt super wonky to watch and just seemed wrong through most of the episode. Also the fact they added a bath on the space ship was just hilarious
May 13, 2022 10:09 AM

Jun 2015
Nothing better than a space battle! With Spaceships. With Angels. With Power Armors! With Magic. It pretty much ticks everyone of my boxes on what I need to be entering my eyeballs and being processed by my brain. Love it!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 13, 2022 10:19 AM

Jan 2019
Ronninn said:

Yes it is(we just see how bad Eliot was after the fight too, but the fight itself is offscreen)

Also the fact they added a bath on the space ship was just hilarious

It wasn't the ship, it was the Spirit's house I guess
May 13, 2022 10:19 AM

Jan 2019
Cool episode in my opinion, without CGI it would have been even better, but it's understandable why they used it, so not gonna complain about that. Still I would complain a lot about Tohka being drawn "for some reason" in her Full Astral Dress even if she shouldn't(damn you GEEK TOYZ... well I knew from episode 3, so let's just try to ignore it). The rest was good, just a few cuts but there wasn't nothing important left if I recall correcly.
Now I should be hyped for next episode, but the preview just gave me a bad feeling so idk we'll see xD
May 13, 2022 10:26 AM

May 2020
See it took just three episodes for that space girl to be a part of this ever growing harem. Though lol that cgi.
May 13, 2022 11:32 AM

Jan 2015
I wonder when the harem will stop growing lmao. It keeps getting better. Feeling bad for the animators. Anyways, good episode. Mukuro a cutie.
May 13, 2022 11:33 AM

Mar 2020
That was a pretty good episode! Finally, Shido is actually utilizing the spirits powers he gathered so far.
Sometimes I forgot he could be one of the strongest characters in the series if he took the trouble of getting used to the spirits powers.

Next episode seems to be even better! I can't wait
May 13, 2022 11:47 AM
Dec 2021
this is a fantastic episode!
May 13, 2022 1:04 PM

Nov 2019
DAL: Lite version. Just rush through everything the novel has to offer.

Still enjoyable. Shido using Haniel was one thing I wanted to see animated in ID Arc itself, but it's finally shown in full glory here.

Muku va is nailing it.

Also next episode has a surprise ~ Can't wait for her
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 13, 2022 2:09 PM

Sep 2020
I thought the fight is going to last for the entire episode, it feels a bit rushed, but it's not bad though, the scene where the battleship shoots out many tiny pieces is very cool!
May 13, 2022 3:05 PM

May 2021
I forgot if there were some special circumstances behind it but why tf is he still wearing his school dress? He looked so out of place in space.

That bath scene though, Shido exerting his Harem Protag Power.

May 13, 2022 3:13 PM

Jun 2021
Mukuro best waifu <3
May 13, 2022 3:26 PM

May 2018
Mukuro is best girl no doubt
May 13, 2022 3:34 PM

May 2019
If Grandpa stands up from his wheelchair to beat your ass, you know you've fucked up.

So uh… Was Elliot wearing the same gear as Origami, or…?
May 13, 2022 3:45 PM
Jul 2015
I'm not entirely sure why, but the whole of season 4 feels so boring so far. I think it's namely in the execution.
Also, bad CG alert
May 13, 2022 4:16 PM

Jun 2017
Wow didn't expect Ike to get trashed like that by a man in a wheelchair. Hilarious.
Next episode is a date with Muku, seems promising.
May 13, 2022 6:11 PM
Jun 2021
Apu-Hasan said:
Shido had really nice bath. probably the best bath he could have in his entire life. lol

we got shafted why is origami wearing a towel? she gladly would have went in without one
May 13, 2022 8:52 PM

Nov 2017
ok, the real Muku appears, i've already love her since her debut in the light novel, her Nushi-sama catchphrase was too cute, and guess what, the other Origami and Inverse Tohka (Tenka) is back again, i can't wait to see Tenka Moe Moe Kyun ~
May 14, 2022 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
Mapachecool999 said:
This feel like star wars lmao being a fight with ships and swords in space an all of that.
So they finally get to open mukuro´s heart and she really have a different personality with her heart open.
And it seems more girls will change their personality in the preview of the next episode.

glad i'm not the only one who noticed...
May 14, 2022 12:58 AM

Apr 2021
A bit disappointed. The cgi killed the vibes for me.

Mukuro and Miku were the most hostile and after being sealed, becomes the most clingy in the harem lmao.

May 14, 2022 1:24 AM

May 2018
xSweetSlayerx said:
If Grandpa stands up from his wheelchair to beat your ass, you know you've fucked up.

So uh… Was Elliot wearing the same gear as Origami, or…?

Elliot best girl moment? UwU
May 14, 2022 1:29 AM

Aug 2008
Ronninn said:
Eh, this feels like so rushed. They're even CG now lmao. The Key Visuals are a scam.

What's with the supposed loathing for CGI anyway lmao

It looked nice to me. Either people have some weird unrealistic standards (Ufotable/KyoAni) for all anime, or just like to bitch for the sake of bitching.

I haven't read the DAL LN, but I do understand sometimes there's a need to skip through stuff when adapting to anime. One should know this if you've watched the majority of adapted works too. It does come to how well it is adapted overall (Animation/sound quality, pacing, story/character development, etc.). The fact that we're getting a full cour (12 eps) rather than the 10 from previous seasons is also a plus in itself.

But yeah, episode was pretty fun, the space battle was pretty fun (Do wish it was longer tho, ofc). Really, so much better quality than any previous DAL anime so far, overall. Iirc only the first season was sorta OK, then S2 and 3 were pretty questionable. Geek Toys really did revitalize the anime franchise, kudos to them.
May 14, 2022 2:51 AM
Jan 2020
Genix said:
Ronninn said:

What's with the supposed loathing for CGI anyway lmao

It looked nice to me. Either people have some weird unrealistic standards (Ufotable/KyoAni) for all anime, or just like to bitch for the sake of bitching.

I haven't read the DAL LN, but I do understand sometimes there's a need to skip through stuff when adapting to anime. One should know this if you've watched the majority of adapted works too. It does come to how well it is adapted overall (Animation/sound quality, pacing, story/character development, etc.). The fact that we're getting a full cour (12 eps) rather than the 10 from previous seasons is also a plus in itself.

But yeah, episode was pretty fun, the space battle was pretty fun (Do wish it was longer tho, ofc). Really, so much better quality than any previous DAL anime so far, overall. Iirc only the first season was sorta OK, then S2 and 3 were pretty questionable. Geek Toys really did revitalize the anime franchise, kudos to them.
Considering it's profitable enough for the production committee to get 4 different studio's in 4 seasons, you would've at least think they would get a pretty solid studio.

We were one step closer, David Production did the OP (Done by the Shaft team, which would mean it would look as good as Fire Force). That's why it looked that good
May 14, 2022 2:55 AM

Nov 2019
Yeah, after having read the books, the adaptation is indeed boring. I spent less than 30 minutes to get to this episode.
SgtBateManMay 14, 2022 2:58 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 14, 2022 6:42 AM

May 2020
the cgi felt a bit off but still a good ep

May 14, 2022 8:17 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Mukuro is so sweet with her heart opened up, her voice is sweeter than I had imagined, of course this is not the end for her, now her development, her past, will finally take center stage.

Too lazy to comment on ep5 forum, but that one was fun enough, albeit I found it funnier when I was reading, than watching, probably due to the faster pace.

I like to see Origami getting some attention herself, Megatron + magic armor was OP, that said I felt they could have animated it better, hopefully that means they are putting some budget for Kurumi's beggining arc.

Hakaishin99 said:
Cool episode in my opinion, without CGI it would have been even better, but it's understandable why they used it, so not gonna complain about that. Still I would complain a lot about Tohka being drawn "for some reason" in her Full Astral Dress even if she shouldn't(damn you GEEK TOYZ... well I knew from episode 3, so let's just try to ignore it). The rest was good, just a few cuts but there wasn't nothing important left if I recall correcly.
Now I should be hyped for next episode, but the preview just gave me a bad feeling so idk we'll see xD

The CG was kinda annoying indeed, it was more noticeable than I would have liked it to be.
Still, this episode was way better than anything the previous studios did.

Also are you refering to "180º" Tohka? I mean, people that have seen S2 before (seen that one's astral dress), and pay attention would find that behavior kinda weird for the Tohka we know.
And the OP gives it away if you have pause it.
May 14, 2022 8:58 AM

Jan 2019
Playcool said:

The CG was kinda annoying indeed, it was more noticeable than I would have liked it to be.
Still, this episode was way better than anything the previous studios did.

Also are you refering to "180º" Tohka? I mean, people that have seen S2 before (seen that one's astral dress), and pay attention would find that behavior kinda weird for the Tohka we know.
And the OP gives it away if you have pause it.

Yeah, annoying but I can stand it somehow(still as I said that wasn't the worst part imo)

180° Tohka? I don't know what you mean😂
If you are talking about Inverse Tohka, that's fine, still in the preview she looks like she's "happily smiling", when she should be intimidating instead, but we'll se better next episode.

Anyway I was talking about the space battle, but I complained about this in episode 3 too. Let me explain: have you noticed how everytime Spirits sealed by Shido have to fight they have a mix of normal clothes and their astral dress? The "civilian" clothes they wear and their spirit dress are overlaped, that's called Limited Astral Dress, and in that state spirit have only a small fraction of their true power. Now on episode 3 we see all the Spirit wearing their "original" dress, the one they have when not sealed, and Tohka had that too in this episode. That's a mistake made by the studio(a pretty big mistske in my opinion), because spirits shouldn't be supposed to have full powers and even thr novel made it clear. It's confusing for those who only watch anime, because I've read many comments of people thinking they have now access to their full power, and even the author made a tweet to clarify they aren't: that's it, it could look like just a small graphic mistake, but it's a big confusing mistake and that's wrong according to what we've seem in seasons 1-3 or read in the main source(for novel readers).

Ops, looks like I wrote a long text about it!😂
May 14, 2022 11:03 AM
Jan 2017
That was a cool fight scene. The battle between Fraxinus and Goetia wouldn't look out of place in Star Trek, with the ships' captains continuously trying to outsmart each other and bait the other into trap, either through technological superiority or plain-old human ingenuity. Also, the Spirits display some impressive teamwork while trying to unlock Mukuro's heart. With her heart unlocked, Mukuro seems to be friendly, but in the world of Date A Live, anything can happen.

Date A Live is the gift that keeps on giving, intense action and poignant character development included, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
May 14, 2022 7:40 PM

Mar 2021
My guess is the space ship battle was a difficult thing to animate, especially for a smaller production committee from a smaller publisher. Still looks outstanding given the source. Outsourcing cgi almost always makes it look out of place which is why the ones that can make it look seemless do it all in house, aka sunrise studio 1, ufotable.
icefirestone23May 14, 2022 7:55 PM
May 15, 2022 12:02 AM
Jan 2017
the CGI is good and bad at the same time,
specialy for the space ship battle its bit look weird,,
the battle is not really too intense and shido finnaly can open the hearth of girl and drastically change her personality and she like shido at the second, all is pretty ez at least this no any annoying moment like previous eps,, next eps gonna be dating event and maybe little fanservice after all the battle episode,,
4/10 for this eps
May 15, 2022 12:15 AM
Jan 2017
JakkoFourEyes said:
I'm not entirely sure why, but the whole of season 4 feels so boring so far. I think it's namely in the execution.
Also, bad CG alert

yeahh man i feel the same thing too,
all this season 4 is very different taste with execution from the new studio,
i feel this anime missing something which make it become date a live but i dont sure what is it, but most people think ts good anime but not for me, too much annoying thing on previous episode but not with this episode except cgi,, just feel like okay
May 16, 2022 10:06 AM

May 2015
Space girl is kinda saved.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 16, 2022 10:56 AM

May 2021
nice episode tbh, i expected the cgi as it's from a 'small studio'. Mukuro is just 😻😻😻
May 16, 2022 12:17 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
I thought it was an okay episode
not a fan of the CGI they had some good moments.

glad that she's more open now
she's alot cutter now ha
May 16, 2022 2:22 PM

Jan 2016
Oh Mukuro is actually livelier than I initially thought she would be xD

I liked Shido's display of the other spirits' powers, not so much the whole sequence but eh.
THANKS SENPIEX
May 17, 2022 12:36 PM

Feb 2016
What a disappointing arc. The best episode was the one that felt like filler.
その目だれの目?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

54 by BertBert »»
Yesterday, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

68 by demonsword101 »»
Jun 6, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

158 by AkashiKyojuro »»
May 31, 6:51 AM

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.