Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2022 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, Nia has one of those strange personalities even with her otaku fascinations. Episode had its standard tropes as you'd expect from a Date a Live anime. Hell, there's even a dating sim game added into the episode for the sakes of it. I'm guessing this season will follow the very familiar format as the previous seasons from now on.

Kurumu makes another appearance but has a much more presence this time when confronting Nia. I see she hasn't changed much from previous seasons. Liked how Shidou's friends tried to help them with their ideas and drawings.
Apr 15, 2022 7:03 AM

Sep 2021
So they start with a lot of forms to make shido a 2D character, cosplay, an otome game and finally a doujinshi, we finally get to see kurumi back, is great because is the more interesting character of this series, at least for me.

The chapter itself was what make me like date a live, the normal formula of being a real life dating game.

This was a great chapter for me.
Apr 15, 2022 7:20 AM
May 2018
This was a really fun episode i can't wait for the next
Apr 15, 2022 7:25 AM

Apr 2014
Shido otome game LMAO.... Their idea was very interesting but with those girls instead of Shido.
I think I saw Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight in this episode. 😏
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 15, 2022 7:41 AM
Jun 2021
Yeah, finally what I wait is come 😆😆
Apr 15, 2022 7:55 AM

Apr 2021
The otome game was really sus LMAO. The doujin competition is much better idea. I was surprised that Natsumi's really good with drawing. I find Miku's good as well. Yuzuru's looks like 1900s art style. Kaguya's looks like from Jojo. The funniest of all is Shido's, he made himself buffed LOL.

Anw, greatly satisfied for this week seeing Miku longer and hear her speak in this episode. I couldn't ask for more as long there's enough screen time of hers.

Apr 15, 2022 8:09 AM

Mar 2021
Nobunaga is that good of a voice actor. I literally couldn't tell Tokiya was Shido from the voice.

Glad each spirit has a moment to speak in this episode.

Good visuals and animation

"Come Back when you're 2D!" and "going 18+ is the way to go" awesome quotes
Apr 15, 2022 8:22 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Nia's hardcore, poor Shido. Thou that was some peak visual novel, wonder when we'll be able to get something like that.
Apr 15, 2022 8:49 AM

Jul 2016
Aluminum_ said:
The otome game was really sus LMAO. The doujin competition is much better idea. I was surprised that Natsumi's really good with drawing. I find Miku's good as well. Yuzuru's looks like 1900s art style. Kaguya's looks like from Jojo. The funniest of all is Shido's, he made himself buffed LOL.

Anw, greatly satisfied for this week seeing Miku longer and hear her speak in this episode. I couldn't ask for more as long there's enough screen time of hers.

Hell yeah! we got some miku screen time, I was waiting for her's too. We also got a lot of natsumi's so this was a great episode at least for me.

I'm starting to like the animation better, but still, I'd rather have plain colors rather than "gradient" ones. For example on kotori's hair. Animation was awesome and I really liked the backgrounds on Nia's room, for example when the camera focuses on the bookshelfs while kurumi speaks, 10/10. Kinda reminds me of Tomoya's room from saekano. Good stuff.
Apr 15, 2022 8:49 AM
Nov 2020
Really enjoying this season so far. They’re doing an admirable job trying to balance screen time for a large amount of characters while also keeping the story moving in a fun and interesting way
Apr 15, 2022 8:56 AM

Jun 2021
Natsumi did a banger with that drawing. She should consider doing that on the side
Apr 15, 2022 9:10 AM

Apr 2013
lmao Shido got thoroughly Bashed up by Nia this episode starting with Nia kicking him in his face and whatever she did afterwards to him, poor guy.
Kurumi interviewing Nia about the Spirit of Origin.

Natsumi's time to shine, Nice! She is too Adorable!
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 15, 2022 9:14 AM

Feb 2019
Man if only geektoys had done the series from the start… the production quality is so well done on this from the art, direction and pacing. I love how they’re able to balance giving screen time to characters while keeping the story going at a nice pace. Too bad most people who aren’t die hard DAL fans won’t have made it to s4.
Apr 15, 2022 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Marinate1016 said:
Man if only geektoys had done the series from the start… the production quality is so well done on this from the art, direction and pacing. I love how they’re able to balance giving screen time to characters while keeping the story going at a nice pace. Too bad most people who aren’t die hard DAL fans won’t have made it to s4.

so true, GEEKTOYS are really doing a good job. But it's episode 2 only... let's see if they can keep this up and make this the best Date A Live season so far.... let's just hope for the best.

and damn I missed Kurumi so much, Kurumi and her saxophone theme music.... they just rock together.
removed-userApr 15, 2022 10:40 AM
Apr 15, 2022 9:36 AM

Jun 2021
I'm loving this Season so much, all the girls are perfect

Natsumi very cute :') she is really lovely
Apr 15, 2022 9:43 AM
Mar 2019
I hope Kurumi appears more often. She's probably the most interesting character in the show. Besides that, Shidou's 'collection' is growing very big. He'll have to clone himself at this rate. It seems like there is a fight next episode, I'm looking forward to it.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Apr 15, 2022 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
Nia's preference for 2D men sets Shido off, and what would he do than to cosplay as Nia's favourite character and act just like the part, only to get a beating when it fails hard. The Otome game that Nia received though, I'm not surprised that it looks sus and made with the intention to open her heart in various ways, the 2.5D experience is working better as expected, and of course it's a game to spy on her. That was funny.

So then, it's back to asking the other Spirits and Origami for help, but nothing matters if Nia's angel Raziel can foreshadow their tracks, and this provides a tact case to sell more doujinshi at the Comico fest for a challenge. Didn't expect her saviour Kurumi to show up, but of course she would be asking for insane stuff, such as the Spirit of Origin.

Natsumi's manga "imitation" artist skill impresses, and while trying to buy their way through to one of Nia's manga friends whom got frazzled by Raziel to understand how Nia depicts people, it certainly is thought-provoking while everyone prepares for the battle.

Good job everyone, now it's time to face Comico and Nia.
Apr 15, 2022 10:44 AM

May 2020
LoL this episode was funny. Tbh i would love to see at least one Tooka jealous moment in it.

Natsumi also was so cute, especially in the end!
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Apr 15, 2022 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
Another good episode, and with Kurumi! What a blessing. Can’t wait for next week.
Apr 15, 2022 11:13 AM

May 2021
I will take that 18+ content, thank you. ED's was pretty nice to hear.

Apr 15, 2022 12:16 PM

May 2020
They and their habit of always giving minimal screen time to Kurumi, though anyways atleast she's here this time from the beginning itself.
Apr 15, 2022 12:23 PM
suii

Dec 2018
The first part of this ep i was alredy ded lol
Apr 15, 2022 12:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course the cosplay wouldn't work but I liked the dating game idea ahaha though I'm not surprised that they didn't manage to win with it, the doujin competition is gonna be more interesting I also love all the girls' ideas and styles, and of course interesting to see Kurumi appearing
Apr 15, 2022 12:34 PM

Nov 2018
Good adaptation from GEEKTOYS so far. Pacing is very well done and good animation also. Hope this continue till the end
Apr 15, 2022 12:38 PM

Sep 2020
It would be so cool if that's a real game~Kurumi is finally back and asked some information about the original spirit, so excited for the next episode.
Apr 15, 2022 1:02 PM
Mar 2022
Isn't Mukuro an anime original character? How is she relevant in this season? (based on the OP)

And why does Ratatoskr look different?
Apr 15, 2022 1:14 PM

Jun 2015
Kurumi entering the frey is overload, especially some of her lines. Im total overload on mind bending scifi here. Its less a deconstruction of something but a original of awesome. Loved the 4th wall attempt, had to go down to 2.5 and now all we have left left is 2D.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 15, 2022 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
[quote=AkeZZZ message=66148183]Shido otome game LMAO.... Their idea was very interesting but with those girls instead of Shido.
I think I saw Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight in this episode. [size=115]😏[/si
AkeZZZ said:
Shido otome game LMAO.... Their idea was very interesting but with those girls instead of Shido.
I think I saw Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight in this episode. 😏

I went and looked at Shoujo Kageki Revue Starligh and it looked boring. I did notice your boys club however obsessing it. Id like to ask you politely to stop comparing a masterpiece to childrens shows.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 15, 2022 1:45 PM

Nov 2019
Shido holding Natsumi's hands was the most wholesome scene in DAL so far after that bride scene in Festival OVA with Kurumi.

Next episode, Westcott gonna start showing why he's my favorite DAL character...

TsunderesTheBest said:
Isn't Mukuro an anime original character? How is she relevant in this season? (based on the OP)

No Mukuro is LN character. Who told you she's anime-only?
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 15, 2022 1:47 PM

Nov 2019
pouckis said:
LoL this episode was funny. Tbh i would love to see at least one Tooka jealous moment in it.

Natsumi also was so cute, especially in the end!

Tohka will be much less and less jealous with time. The anime kinda ruined her subtle character development.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 15, 2022 2:07 PM
Aug 2020
Origami being a women of culture as always and i love to see that and Kurumi's theme is nuts it's elegant yet has a deadly vibe to it and looks like Ellen will return in the next ep and let's see what Westcott's true motives are...
Apr 15, 2022 2:40 PM

Jun 2017
That otome game almost worked but Nia had to use her cheat powers. lol

Natsumi stole this episode for sure though, she is so precious.
Apr 15, 2022 2:54 PM

Feb 2022
I love the visual novel part that was cool! I can relate to Nia as I am an Otaku obssessed with 2d.

This season is looking promising, while I dismissed other seasons as mediocore I have a feeling this one will be stand out among the others
"K-On! fan!" "Love live! fan!"
Apr 15, 2022 3:07 PM
Jan 2019
This Season is amazing! It has better storyline, also, i really-really like the artstyle of GEEK TOYS adaptation. We get to see other side of Natsumi, making me love her as a character more!
Apr 15, 2022 4:37 PM

May 2016
I love this studio hats down to the staff.
Apr 15, 2022 5:50 PM

Nov 2017
Nice episode. Natsumi take the spot for this episode. She's adorable. I'm happy to see Kurumi again. She said that she wants to kill the origin sprit (like what she said in season 2 first episode). It's look that there are will be some fights in the next episode. It's time to see how they're going to do the animation with the action scenes.

This season looks very promising, the new stuff is doing a great job until now. Hopefully they will going to continue like this.

Apr 15, 2022 6:07 PM
May 2019
Aluminum_ said:

Agreed. I think Miku is highly underrated. Her backstory arc from season 2 actually made me tear up.
Apr 15, 2022 6:14 PM

Mar 2018
Seeing the effect Shido and the others had on Natsumi is nice, glad she wants to pay it forward to another Spirit.
Apr 15, 2022 7:10 PM

Oct 2020
im just happy best girl kurumi is getting enough screen time x

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Apr 15, 2022 9:31 PM

Nov 2017
Ok, Episode 2 was good tho, all spirit got a screentime, can't wait for the next Episode !!!
Apr 15, 2022 9:56 PM
Mar 2022
Laplace_kun said:
Shido holding Natsumi's hands was the most wholesome scene in DAL so far after that bride scene in Festival OVA with Kurumi.

Next episode, Westcott gonna start showing why he's my favorite DAL character...

TsunderesTheBest said:

No Mukuro is LN character. Who told you she's anime-only?
Nah lol, I mistaked her for Mayuri in the Movie
Apr 15, 2022 11:48 PM
Jun 2021
this season looks so good!!
Apr 16, 2022 3:05 AM

Oct 2008
and of course DAL won't be the same without the existence of TOKISAKI KURUMI!!!
lolz this otaku spirit is kinda hard to dokyudokyu capture!
5/5.

Apr 16, 2022 3:23 AM

May 2018
2D is superior we all know that
Apr 16, 2022 3:26 AM

May 2018
But wait, wouldn't Shido's team win the doujinshi competition immediately as long as Miku uses her powers?
Apr 16, 2022 3:29 AM
Apr 2013
Really curious what's gonna happen.
The whole ep kinda blew past but hmm.
Since we have proper previews this time, to be honest its not surprising that dem is gonna show up to ruin the day the next episode. Only question is what's gonna happen this time.
In the longer run the question is what's gonna happen. It's only ep 1 and 2 and kurumi has already shown up once or twice, the tail end is going to be very uh.
I'm not sure how close we are to the end, maybe a s5 (or s6?), but the fact that we got all the way to s4 is already so much.
Meanwhile back on topic. Nia does seem to have some kind of baggage, like all the other girls. The little scene with kurumi is interesting too, what's going to happen later on.
Apr 16, 2022 6:33 AM

May 2018
So, what is this "Origin of Spirits" that interest Kurumi of rescuing Nia?
Apr 16, 2022 7:51 AM
Jan 2017
The battle for Nia's heart begins. After Shido's attempts to win Nia's affections through her usual interests fail, the Spirits decide to beat Nia at her own game, which means creating their own manga for an upcoming festival. I think the best part of this episode is how the Spirits come together in making the manga and Natsumi was the real heroine of this episode, especially after showing how far she has come after season 3.

Date A Live is the gift that keeps on giving, hilarious comedy and poignant character development included, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 16, 2022 9:20 AM

Oct 2020
Miku's illustration was actually awesome tbh, she should've got a chance of working on the manga. Origami is as lewd as ever. Loved to see Kurumi again. Loved it!!!

Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Apr 16, 2022 9:21 AM

Sep 2010
You ask Origami to draw manga, of course you get an R18 doujinshi.

Figured Kurumi would ask to borrow Raziel's power to look back into the past at her target. Much like Origami borrowed her time-travelling bullet.

Aside, the OP art is kind of... lacking in creativity this season. Every girl against the same cloudy background, and a few vague combat shots...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

158 by AkashiKyojuro »»
Today, 6:51 AM

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

52 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 28, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.