Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2020 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think Emma in that bear outfit is just adorably cute.

Interesting that the episode dives deeper into both the idols' personal and professional careers. Karin thinking about that questionaire and the future is an important element of this series. For these idols, they have to balance out their lives.

Oct 31, 2020 7:41 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode again.

It's probably safe to say that Emma succeeded in being the idol who makes her audience feel warm and fluffy. I'm sure Karin certainly did when Emma convinced her to become an idol. I liked the montage of Karin and Emma hanging out.

I like the ED more and more every time I listen to it, love the visuals for it too.
Oct 31, 2020 7:42 AM

Jan 2019
After the last episode, we knew, that this episode will be Emma-centered. But this is just half of the truth. Equally of importance was Karin. We learned more abot Karin than about Emma. Shortly before the end I wasn't sure, if Emma or Karin will sing her song. In the end, Emma had sung. And alike her songs before: I don't really like her voice. But this is the once thing I don't like about her.
Emma seems to be a very caring person. She helped Karin to come into the School Idol Club and wasn't happy as long the was sure, that Karin did not really do, what she wants to do. I like this side of her.
Karin on the other hand is a helpful person, too. She helped the club as much as Yuu did, but just before she was part of it.
And for Yuu: She seems to be most working person, but when it comes to decisions, then again others are doing this. The idea of making PV's came from Setsuna. When I ignore, that Yuu helped Setsuna to come back to the club, Yuu is just like Hideko/Fumiko/Mika from SiP, just with more screentime...
And again: I like Kasumi more than before. The scene, where she gets jealouss, because Ayumu was kawaii, this scene was just great!
All in all, this was a good episode!

Next time: We expect Rina. We saw her in the preview as most important person. But beside this, the title of the next episode would have been enough :D
Oct 31, 2020 7:51 AM

Sep 2017
Good episode! I felt like Emma was one of the least developed characters in SIFAS, like the designers had decided, "well we always need one girl to be at least half white. lets make Hanayo but less shy". And she had even existed for years as a N card idol in SIF. But this episode really let Emma come into her own! As always, loved seeing her initial SR and 2 UR outfits in her song. The Red Riding Hood UR really fits

I also really like how they adapted Karin's hairstyle for the anime. In the game/old artsyle, it looks like a really awkward bob with a couple long strands and it always bugs me. But the new art style makes her hair look waaaay better.
Oct 31, 2020 7:53 AM

Oct 2020
That song feels like it's stabbing my heart.. lol
I feel like the song's lyrics are telling me something here.. :'))

Aaaanyway. Instead of an Emma-only focused story, it's actually feels more like Karin's which then lead to Emma's grow. Which i don't really mind :D
The costume design is similar to her first debut outfit. It feels nostalgic :')
A certain person lurking here
Oct 31, 2020 8:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Emma and Karin have a nice bond now, didn't expect to see a girl from Switzerland in Love Live
Oct 31, 2020 8:15 AM
Sep 2020
Nice episode of emma verde
And next episode will be rinari
Chaosx42616Oct 31, 2020 8:43 AM
Oct 31, 2020 8:21 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode as always! Emma got some great development here today. I feel like she was one of the least developed characters in the game, so nice that they gave her some shine here.

She and Karin’s relationship was really sweet to see. Can’t wait for next week’s Rina ep.
Oct 31, 2020 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
An Emma focused episode this time. And she's from Switzerland.
There was also some focus on Karin, which was nice. And now she joined the Idol club.

Oct 31, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
It's probably safe to say that Emma succeeded in being the idol who makes her audience feel warm and fluffy.

I can confirm, lol. Damn, all the girls this season are great.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2020 8:33 AM

Jul 2012
Emma Verde is my favorite girl in the series, and her episode does NOT disappoint. She's been so sweet and caring especially to her friend, Karin, and she helped her to join Nijigasaki School Idol Club. Plus, Emma's voice is so freakin' cute, thanks to the awesome voice actress Maria Sashide, and she sang her really great song, La Bella Patria. I couldn't be anymore happier on how this episode has turned out, and I really enjoy this nice relationship!

"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Oct 31, 2020 8:39 AM

Jan 2019
This episode was s w e e t. The bond between Emma and Karin is adorable. (I ship a little) lol the whole eating aspect of Emma reminded me of Hanamaru a bit. Emma is cute though and Karin as well after she softens up a bit thanks to Emma. Great song btw, love her voice.

So it wasn't a complete Emma focus episode, but also Karin, which I think is a nice surprise.

Anyway, Rina episode next week AAAAA. I'm excited to see her put on the Rina-chan Board lol, kind of the opposite for SIFAS where people wanted to see her face lol.
misaka-9982Oct 31, 2020 8:45 AM
Oct 31, 2020 8:47 AM
Oct 2020
Nice episode this week but i still can't believe emma form switzerland
Oct 31, 2020 8:52 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode for Emma (or rather with Karin also)..

But more importantly, next week, we finally have this in anime..Worth 6 episode to wait for 'its' appearance..

(credit to that FB user name)

Oct 31, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2008
Freaking meme subs.

Karin's drama felt very shallow and pointless.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Oct 31, 2020 9:50 AM

Sep 2019
Emma’s performance was good but I didn’t like her that much.

NEXT EPISODE IS RINA! NEXT EPISODE IS RINA! NEXT EPISODE IS RINA! NEXT EPISODE IS RINA!
Oct 31, 2020 10:37 AM

Mar 2020
I seriously underestimated this show, it's pretty good.

Emma and Karin being the main focus of this episode. Karin on the outside shows that she does not want to be a school idol however on the inside she really wants to be one. Threw the episode Karin learns from Emma doing what's fun for you is always best and at the end of the episode joins the school idol club :) Very happy me is!

Very excited for next weeks episode :)

Great episode :)
Oct 31, 2020 11:02 AM

Apr 2014
Genoard said:
Freaking meme subs.

Karin's drama felt very shallow and pointless.
When you see memes in the official subs...
Oct 31, 2020 2:41 PM

Apr 2019
sooo Karin and Emma focussed episode? sad that they're rushing through this... barely any time to get to know the characters and BOOM new character introduction with more 5 minute long drama...

Oct 31, 2020 3:49 PM

May 2016
Where is my Egao de lalalalala song!!!!?!?!?!?
But I love Emma Verde
Oct 31, 2020 4:46 PM

Jul 2016
Gotta be honest here, whereas I always found one or two girls I didn't really like from previous Love Live instalments, I'm actually surprised to find all the girls from this school rather likeable and charming in their own ways. And of course, both Emma and Karin weren't the exception here either.

Another nice episode overall. This time centered on Emma but of course, the narrative progression would diverge a bit to the point of including Karin's character as well since the series has already shown just how close these two girls are. This said, I think Emma is a sweetheart for being so caring about others and the way how she encouraged Karin to do what she deep inside wants was really lovely to see. Her performance was also rather nice but I think it may be my least favorite one so far...
SouthRzVaOct 31, 2020 4:52 PM
Oct 31, 2020 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty good episode again.

Do love Emma's performance there, very fitting for someone coming from Switserland.

Karin wasn't too honest with herself towards Emma. Glad to see she did join the club after some more convincing.

After 5 episodes I can definitely say I am really liking this experience, to find out what Love Live is like and the choice if I should tackle previous series of the franchise as well!
Oct 31, 2020 6:03 PM

Mar 2019
well...we all need to support Emma more, she deserves a higher place at the poll voting from time to time as well.
I think I finally got my favorite Niji ship, Emma x Karin is the perfect ship and I really like it (even more than YuuxAyumu).
When time for sleepy goddess? Meow...anyway I like Kasumi more and more already. She is even cuter than Nico imo! Kasu, Kasu, Kasumiiiiii
Oct 31, 2020 6:32 PM
May 2020
Okay okaaay, stop with that 'hating Lanzhu' and labeling 'traitors' to Ai and Karin. Let's appreciate when Emma and Karin having their wholesome moment🥰
Oct 31, 2020 6:39 PM

Apr 2010
booooring. The first season of love live was good, but then it was a straight downhill to hell.
Why the fuck the red ponytail with freckles was talking for the whole episode? I hate her already she's annoying AF .
My god this brand is trash now compared to BangDream
Oct 31, 2020 6:43 PM

Aug 2011
LukaPochi said:
booooring. The first season of love live was good, but then it was a straight downhill to hell.
Why the fuck the red ponytail with freckles was talking for the whole episode? I hate her already she's annoying AF .

This is side story from the original one. This season focus on single person and single song rather than a group. So you will get single character focus until episode 9. If you want love live group just wait for lovel live superstar
Oct 31, 2020 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
love Emma didn't realize she was a foreigner thought she was just a bumpkin
wonder if mature Karin will stay or not now that shes a bit more honest with herself

the more i watch the more i wish this was a 2 cour one season is too short to get to know characters without rushing a bit
Oct 31, 2020 8:22 PM

Sep 2015
What a sweet episode!! and Emma is just wonderful, her interaction with Karin is a joy to watch, I hope we can see more of them.
Oct 31, 2020 8:47 PM

Oct 2017
Nice Karin finally joined the club, looking forward to see them all perform.
Nov 1, 2020 2:06 AM

Aug 2019
damn they are pushing the yuri bait for this in comparison to the original or sunshine, not that that is a bad thing
Nov 1, 2020 2:07 AM

Oct 2007
so it's an Emma and Karin episode. Hmm, and Setsuna feels like a regular member now.. I guess her problem is already solved. Kasumi voice always so kawaii.

that dance by Emma near the end is beautiful.
Nov 1, 2020 4:04 AM

Jan 2015
Another great episode

I love Emma so much, but I’m not sure how the italian words she spoke had something to do with switzerland lmao
The CGI visuals were stunning

Next episode Rinari? Hype
Nov 1, 2020 5:19 AM

Jan 2019
Xenocrisi said:
Another great episode

I love Emma so much, but I’m not sure how the italian words she spoke had something to do with switzerland lmao

It is easy to explain:
Switzerland has 4 official national languages:
1. German 73.3%
2. French 23.4%
3. Italian 8.4%
4. Romansh 0.7%

(The sum is >100% because some swiss are native bilingual.)

As you can see, italian is an official national language in Switzerland. It is mostly spoken in Tessin and in some areas in Graubünden (Kanton of Grisons)
Nov 1, 2020 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
After seeing what happened in SIFAS Chapter 20 yesterday, I can't take Karin seriously anymore in this episode.

Anime Karin >>> Karin in the game
Nov 1, 2020 6:57 AM

Jan 2019
Xenocrisi said:
Another great episode

I mean a quick Google search shows that Italian is part of the official languages of Switzerland...
Nov 1, 2020 7:40 AM

Mar 2017
Best episode of the series so far. Covered 2 character arcs into one episode. La Bella Patria was fucking beautiful, though I still like Evergreen more. Kinda sad that Karin's ep still ain't next week but hey, gotta save the best for last, right?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 1, 2020 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Probably the weakest episode for me so far. The song was decent again but, and I know this is a slightly unfair complaint I'm about to make, (as I'm sure it applies to all these songs on at least some level), but Emma's voice was so blatantly touched up and autotuned that it really took me out of the song. Animation and visuals again excellent during the song, though the rest of the show is slowly starting to suffer as a result (lots of still images and characters off-model in wide shots this episode).

Also, I feel like this episode suffered from giving us two character arcs at once, as I feel like I learned basically nothing about Emma (she's foreign and she's friends with Karin is all I could tell you about her at this point) compared to what I got from Karin. Karin's arc was pretty solid though, if a little rushed (though not to the extent Setsuna's was), but it makes me curious what material they'll have to work with for her eventual solo episode.

Looking forward to Rinari's episode next week, though.
AtavisticNov 1, 2020 11:59 AM
Nov 1, 2020 7:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Emma and her reason to became an idol started even with the country that far away from Japan. Its a pretty solid and the determination of her was so respected from me. She was way clearer than some girls that just wanna had a fun as an idol girl, for me its really good to see some kind of effort like that. More solid than any LL franchises i ever seen. Maybe she could hold some great competition against Setsuna's effort as a motivated girl. Lol. But for me, once again i need to marked my line, that all of the girls really had their own motivation as an idol, and united it on one roof was not easily done. So, its really interesting to see what kind of outcome they had in the end.

Well, back to Emma's sole topic. I am initially surprised with the information that she was from Switzerland. I might kinda late, knewing her appearance kinda slow at the newest previous episode and her full introduction part just happened on these episode. For me, its really good to know all of the information and motivated me as well to see how great time she has been progressed to reach her dream. Especially with how short the time she had in Japan.

But, she must be prouded. One girl already fell into her charm and reached her goal as the idol: to warmth all peoples heart. So, yeah, slowly, the form already built up in a nice way for Emma. About Karin and her lives struggle, its understandable. I never expected her to held such a personality in the first. But, back again, every girls really had their own struggle before reaching these point. Lucky she had a motivated cheer girl like Emma that always support her. Damn fortune, she had a bunch of a new girlfriends that always became her backups no matter what. And yes, its a nice revelations of her story before its too late for her to realized. At the end, welcome to the idol club, shy girl!

The last part, finally its really reaching her, another shy girl that will reach the resolution for herself. Interesting to see what will she do to express her emotion. I can't wait for the next episode!
badabassNov 1, 2020 7:12 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 1, 2020 7:31 PM

Aug 2020
Emma dancing with the goats is a tribute to the classic 1974 anime series, Arupusu no Shōjo Haiji (Heidi, Girl of the Alps) directed by Studio Ghibli co-founder Takahata Isao.
Nov 2, 2020 12:13 AM

Jan 2019
When we speak about the scene, where Emma is dancing with the goats. Look on this little mountain in the left upper corner.

It looks suspiciously similar.
Nov 2, 2020 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
Wonderful episode this week as well. I truly love this anime. Let's hope Shizuku's episode will be just as great once it eventually comes.
Nov 3, 2020 6:45 PM

Aug 2007
Well. Finally I know the nationality of Emma. I mean for me, Verde is green in spanish, but about the origin of the surname I ignored that.
Nov 4, 2020 2:34 AM
Apr 2016
minimiau said:
Well. Finally I know the nationality of Emma. I mean for me, Verde is green in spanish, but about the origin of the surname I ignored that.
verde is green in italian too, Emma is from italian speaking region of Switzerland
Nov 4, 2020 5:34 PM

Mar 2018
Best episode so far.

Karin and Emma were already my favorite characters from Nijigasaki, but I didn't expect them to be so warmful in the anime. Just loved it a lot! Even though I wish there were more drama in this series... (just like the original LL anime) I feel like every problem is getting solved so fast

I'm really not enjoying Yu and Setsuna, I wish they had less screentime...
Nov 5, 2020 7:59 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! Emma is a natural performer!
that THICC legs of Karin!!! scene[11:41] YUM!!! she's a model of course that's already a given!
5/5.

Nov 18, 2020 3:58 AM

Dec 2018
Wow the Yuri was stronger then ever. Lesbian hugging holding hands lying down in other girls lap and more sweet Yuri moments.,,YEEEEEEES And the bear costume was super adorable ,,Gau Gau!

Emma poured her heart out by singing and expressed her romantic feelings for Karin,,,,Awwwwwwwwww My little lesbians are in love!,,,YEEEEEEEEEEES .It was so fucking cute!

Imo best episode so far

Yuri-CrusaderNov 18, 2020 7:32 AM
Dec 5, 2020 9:49 AM
Sep 2019
Emma is my favorite Nijigasaki girl, she’s just so sweet and caring. Her voice is amazing too; her song this episode really showed it (+ Aion no Uta and Evergreen. Go listen to those now). I did like the two-character narrative going on here, but I will confess I’m just a little bit bitter that Emma’s episode isn’t really hers in the end. Her tepid fan reception was finally changing when Aion no Uta released, and if she had gotten a good episode solely focused on her, I’d like to think she’d be more popular than she is currently. But that’s just my personal thoughts; the episode was well-done and Emma/Karin is a really cute pairing.
Dec 6, 2020 1:51 PM

Oct 2012
Emma is the best girl! Honestly, she was my favorite N-girl ever since LLSIF was introduced and this episode only confirmed her cute side and warm heart.

I actually liked they didn't make Karin backstory into some dragged drama, we already got that twice before. The sooner the get together the more time is left for their interactions (although those would probably come in the S2 at soonest).

Well, Nijigasaki is already way better than Sunshine and I like it.
Feb 5, 2021 6:57 AM
Jan 2016
LukaPochi said:

What's wrong with this kid. Just calm n chill
Feb 21, 2021 9:21 AM
Jan 2020
This episode was focused on the Switzerland girl and her friend. Looks like they both have a common interest and are both doing well in the School Idol club. The costumes they tried were so cute, especially that bear costume was very much ‘sugoi’, loved it. These cute girls whose names I cannot remember, are doing their best and the amount of passion they are putting in is astounding.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

66 by Sommernacht »»
May 12, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.