Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 3, 2020 12:13 AM

Jul 2016
I think a majority of us think that Aquor's wasn't as great as M's. Do we really need another spinoff? This series definitely doesn't have the hype it did years ago.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 3, 2020 12:15 AM

Mar 2017
This series is for game fans, new fans, and true fans.
Jan 3, 2020 12:35 AM

Aug 2018
i mean i'm really happy that there's more love live. and also there's rina
Jan 3, 2020 12:38 AM

Feb 2014
no nico = no thanks
Jan 3, 2020 12:39 AM

May 2016
Well, it wasn't really supossed to happen (Nijigasaki Project was just for the smartphone game) but in the end producers saw the money and wanted the money, so now the anime happens.

I don't think it will be as great as the other two but I will love seeing the girls animated, specially because I love them so much.
Jan 3, 2020 12:47 AM

Aug 2018
I mean new girls new waifus i guess

but muse will be always be #1 in my heart and to all love live fans
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 3, 2020 1:26 AM

Nov 2007
They never planned for PDP to get an anime. The group was formed for the then upcoming SIFAS game.
The game then got delayed for over a year.

By the time SIFAS was finally released, it was 8 months since the Sunshine movie release. The popularity of the game, and lack of other franchise activities, lead them to make an anime.

Hopefully it follows the reset timeline of the game, where all 3 groups are active at the same time, rather then the Sunshine timeline, which has Aqours active 2 years after muse. (The sunshine timeline puts the Aqours 3rd years at the same age as the muse 1st years)

StufedAnmalQueen said:
I think a majority of us think that Aquor's wasn't as great as M's. Do we really need another spinoff? This series definitely doesn't have the hype it did years ago.
Where do you get the idea that "a majority of us think that Aquors wasn't as great as muse"?

Rin, Maki, You, Riko and Yoshiko are best girls. :P Haven't picked anyone from PDP yet.
Nico is evil.
Jan 3, 2020 1:34 AM
Apr 2012
Not really ... the original one was great , even tho i am not a huge fan of idol stuff i loved it .
Anything that came since has been just mediocre at best ... :/
Jan 3, 2020 1:43 AM

Oct 2013
Yes

And I personally think Aqours has even surpassed µ's
Jan 3, 2020 2:01 AM

Jun 2016
Aqours will never be as good as μ's in my opinion. I'm actually looking forward to the PDP anime. I didn't like Aqours at all because they just seemed like a bootleg μ's to me. When I look at the PDP girls, I can't look at any of them and say "oh, she's a bootleg <insert μ's character here>". They actually look original this time, so I'll give them a shot. Here's hoping that we'll get some interesting stories for the girls and some original concepts. Setsuna's my favourite so far.
Jan 3, 2020 2:05 AM

Aug 2010
Aquors was way better than μ's wtf. The characters were way better at least.

AND HELL YES WE NEED MORE SPIN-OFFS, I WANT MY GRANDCHILDREN TO WATCH THIS SHIT
Jan 3, 2020 2:06 AM

Apr 2015
well... when Sunshine was premeire I thought... nah.. this would be unnessesary copy of Muse. Unrealistic characters, Repeated story structure. Same songs.
3 year later --> forgot about Muse. Sunshine is the best!
Today: nah.. Nijigasaki would be unnessesary copy of Sunshine. Unrealistic characters, Repeated story structure. Same songs.
Jan 3, 2020 3:37 AM

Aug 2014
ImaAnimal said:
i mean i'm really happy that there's more love live. and also there's rina

I can hardly wait to see Rina animated!

boatktt said:
well... when Sunshine was premeire I thought... nah.. this would be unnessesary copy of Muse. Unrealistic characters, Repeated story structure. Same songs.
3 year later --> forgot about Muse. Sunshine is the best!
Today: nah.. Nijigasaki would be unnessesary copy of Sunshine. Unrealistic characters, Repeated story structure. Same songs.

The cycle of life and death continues... We will live, they will die.
Jan 3, 2020 3:37 AM

Oct 2007
need more love live.

gonna watch this.

what school will they save this time? lol
Jan 3, 2020 3:58 AM

Mar 2019
HYPED!!! This will be the best anime for a while
Love my Love Live girls, (best Niji girl Kanata)
Jan 3, 2020 4:09 AM

May 2015
Honestly my interest in each new season just goes down and down and down. I was really into the original group and season 1 and found that really good then Sunshine came which I was less attached to the characters but it was still somewhat enjoyable. But now Im sort of bored of the same set up just with more bland looking characters. They cant really do much to innovate the story so Im probably not even going to bother with this as the characters look even more generic than the last.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 3, 2020 4:14 AM
Aug 2019
Does love live nico nico need it, no. But will I enjoy watching this, of course. I'm super excited to watch the girls perform new songs and find out the meanings behind them. Watching then do Snow Halation or Zero to One in the original and Sunshine are very emotional moments. I'm super excited for this and it will make it way easier to pick a best girl after watching.
Jan 3, 2020 4:18 AM

Mar 2019
Sunshine anime was really disappointing, not as good as Muse but the girls are still fine.
I think this new lovelive will be different than "being idols to save school" premise, i saw that they're going to fight with each others or something first and then be a idol group? idk but i think it's going to be different (thank god)
Know your place, fool. - Ryomen Sukuna
Jan 3, 2020 4:33 AM
Apr 2018
Kinda agree with op, though I simply didn't like Aqours as much as Muse. Still, Yoshiko, Dia and You were best girls.

As long as the story differentiates enough from the other two, I'm happy.
Jan 3, 2020 4:46 AM

Jun 2017
Was hoping this would be something like idol sister and be a hentai. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined. :(
Jan 3, 2020 5:11 AM
Aug 2019
PDP is very different to both muse and aqours. There are a lot of different personality's and not to mention they are solo artists. But I think this anime is more for the game and music fans. (Their music is top tier quality)
Jan 3, 2020 6:16 AM
Jan 2018
I recall seeing a game announcement about a LoveLive,
is this an anime based off that game?
whether it was main series or OVA, so if it is based on that, I'm greatly looking forward to it... or at least the first episode. As for the rest, it depends on how the characters are I guess.

As long as Love Live stays as a 'School Idol' thing and doesn't follow in the footsteps of IDOLM@STER, which is to say, 5% idols, 95% competitive drama, I'm fine with it.
Jan 3, 2020 6:49 AM

Dec 2014
Aqours was great but I kinda wish they went on longer before they brought in PDP. I'll definitely watch this though.
Jan 3, 2020 6:58 AM

Oct 2015
Y e s

nobody who has played the mobage would have an issue with this, it's expanding the franchise so no problem at all.
Jan 3, 2020 7:05 AM

May 2018
It's all about the money.
Jan 3, 2020 7:15 AM
Jul 2019
Yes, because Love Live! is 2019 2nd highest-grossing media franchise and would have been 1st if Kimetsu no Yaiba didn't soar into popularity.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1816931

Speaking of KnY, Nezuko's voice actress is part of this new Love Live! cast.

They need new content to attract new fans and keep their existing huge fanbase interested (cause money).
nevergainJan 3, 2020 7:24 AM
Jan 3, 2020 7:50 AM

May 2019
Maybe it doesn’t “need” more spinoffs but I’ve been hoping for a Nijigasaki anime pretty much as soon as Perfect Dream Project was announced. I loved μ’s and liked Aqours, but in terms of character design Nijigasaki has some of my absolute favorites of the franchise. Saying I was excited when this anime was announced would be an understatement. Nothing is concrete yet of course but I have high hopes this anime could be really structurally different than the past two, and I think that’d be great.

SuzuMine-chan said:
Well, it wasn't really supossed to happen (Nijigasaki Project was just for the smartphone game) but in the end producers saw the money and wanted the money, so now the anime happens.

Himeno said:
They never planned for PDP to get an anime. The group was formed for the then upcoming SIFAS game.

By the time SIFAS was finally released, it was 8 months since the Sunshine movie release. The popularity of the game, and lack of other franchise activities, lead them to make an anime.

Is this just speculation or is there a definite source that says this? I’m curious to know how long the anime’s been planned.
Jan 3, 2020 7:50 AM

Nov 2016
Ever since I saw the announcement of PDP for the mobile game, I knew they would get an Anime even if they said it wouldn't happen.

It looks like it's gonna be good. I have played the game but I didn't really know what was going on since I don't read japanese. Even so I'm hype to see the Anime to see how each of the girls truly is.

Let's see if I breakdown crying like with SIP And Sunshine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2020 7:56 AM
Dec 2013
It wasn't planned, but here we are

At least I will get so see Setsuna animated, best girl
Jan 3, 2020 8:05 AM

Jun 2016
Muse will always be the ones who give you the nostalgia and honestly i do prefer them as a group over Aqours, but i don't understand why some think of spinoffs as something negative.. i mean we get new girls to follow and this time it seems like the story is going to be considerably different from the "we need to save our school" plot. Heck, even the artstlyle seems to be a new one if we look at the official anime anouncement.
Jan 3, 2020 8:17 AM
Aug 2016
We can always do with more. if you don't want more then don't watch :^)
Jan 3, 2020 8:33 AM

Jan 2017
People can Call me Crazy but I liked Aqours members Better than Muse ones, Maybe İdol project can be considered as a better anime than sunshine since They did things first Which caused Sunshine to feel a little repetitive with idol project story (and İdol project felt more original compare to it) BUT I think Aqours as a group surpassed Muse so I will definitely wait for this series and look What will it bring to us
ErinaNakiri1Jan 3, 2020 8:43 AM
Jan 3, 2020 10:14 AM

Nov 2007
JomSpoons said:
SuzuMine-chan said:

Himeno said:

Is this just speculation or is there a definite source that says this? I’m curious to know how long the anime’s been planned.
I was in Tokyo during the event where PDP and SIFAS were first announced. They said at the time that the new group was for the new game.
They also said during the anime announcement at the Niji 1st live that the girls weren't expecting it as the anime hadn't been planned when they formed.
Jan 3, 2020 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
The answer is clear...
To make great crossover series like Endgame did...
Muse x A-Rise x Aqours x St. Snow x NijiGaku All Stars...

Speaking of crossover, the mobile All Star game have done combine them and also we have...

LL! Fest! live concert for next week...
Jan 3, 2020 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
I just want good animation, that's all.
Jan 3, 2020 11:07 AM

Jun 2017
As a person who plays both SIF and SIFAS, I'm super excited for this new series, can't wait to see my best girl getting animated!!!
Jan 3, 2020 11:08 AM

Feb 2005
They keep spamming out so many generic shows every season anyway, why not more Love Live? As long as they can keep up somewhat the same quality in terms of animation, music and character design, I wouldn't mind Love Live repeating every 2 years or so.
Jan 3, 2020 11:10 AM
Jan 2014
Dang... What i predicted with the end of Muse actually happened... A spin-off, then, another one. It was obvious they would not bother to show better treatment of Muse, since their marketing concept is about school idols... That's why they pulled this far-fetched ending in the crappy movie: in order to grab money using Muse once more, while bringing no development that would compromise the marketing concept whatsoever. Everything they built up in the movie was fake, and it ended as i predicted, to my utmost dismay. They need more than one product to sell... That's why you know exactly everything that will happen in the spin off before even watching it. And thus we have spin off after spin off. I did not watch the first one, as i felt it would end the same way as with Muse, for money reasons. I'm not interested in such dubious marketing projects.

So, my personal opinion regarding OP's question is: no, i, at least, really didn't need something like that. Unless the marketing concept gets old and they try to make money one last time, i won't see what i wanted: Muse beyond the marketing concept. That means Muse as a professional band after graduation. In my opinion "Wake Up Girls!" is far better than this money project. Even though it's still somehow a promotional product, they take better care of their characters.
Jan 3, 2020 11:42 AM
Sep 2018

A-Rise is dead. At least one of their seiyuus is retired and official sources usually only list Aqours, muse, Niji, and Saint Snow as the groups of Love Live!. Muse could be next with Emi's condition.

More LL content is always good. I still like Aqours better, but Nijis bring some fresh changes to the table. With Aqours continuing, hopefully they follow suite (already seem to with the SS single and subunit lives).

They really need to adapt the the School Idol Diaries for a character based anime. Or an All-Stars style crossover. I can see something done in the chibi style of AS. I doubt we'll ever see something that fun
Jan 3, 2020 12:05 PM

May 2019
Himeno said:
I was in Tokyo during the event where PDP and SIFAS were first announced. They said at the time that the new group was for the new game.
They also said during the anime announcement at the Niji 1st live that the girls weren't expecting it as the anime hadn't been planned when they formed.

Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it.
Jan 3, 2020 5:18 PM

Nov 2013
It makes sense to get more, I mean it would be kinda weird if they were just in the games and nothing else. I know they were made for the game first off and an anime wasn't a priority but I think it was pretty obvious that they were going to get an anime. If you're surprised then it's probs just cause you don't really keep up with LL.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Jan 3, 2020 7:52 PM
Sep 2018
Eira_99 said:
It makes sense to get more, I mean it would be kinda weird if they were just in the games and nothing else. I know they were made for the game first off and an anime wasn't a priority but I think it was pretty obvious that they were going to get an anime. If you're surprised then it's probs just cause you don't really keep up with LL.

I mean the seiyuus even admitted they were told there would be no anime during their auditions so...
Jan 3, 2020 10:10 PM

Jun 2019
Personally, i love their voice and looking forward to listen their song especially Kaika Sengen, Audrey, Wonderland, and My own Fairy tale.
Jan 3, 2020 11:33 PM

Nov 2007
Nox--- said:
That's why they pulled this far-fetched ending in the crappy movie: in order to grab money using Muse once more, while bringing no development that would compromise the marketing concept whatsoever. Everything they built up in the movie was fake, and it ended as i predicted, to my utmost dismay.
Which movie is "the crappy movie"?
The first movie seemed like they had 3rd season story line draft, then found out they wouldn't have time to make it before contracts started expiring, so they hacked it down into a movie.

Akarinnnn said:
A-Rise is dead. At least one of their seiyuus is retired and official sources usually only list Aqours, muse, Niji, and Saint Snow as the groups of Love Live!. Muse could be next with Emi's condition.
The only member of A-Rise still in the industry is Megu, aka Ako from Roseila.

Which condition would that be? All reports would indicate that the medical problems Emi had been having are under control and she has recovered. If anything were to cause issues for muse, it is the question about if Nanjo's knee issues are still around and how busy Mimori Suzuko is.

LLFes is in 2 weeks (18/19 Jan). I'm expecting some announcements then, including Aqours 6th, more details about the new muse and Saint Snow singles, and other events for this year after the Aqours unit lives in Feb/March.
If they don't announce a muse 7th live, I'd hope they announce another unit carnival type event with BiBi, Lily White and/or Pritemps.

The thing that has been annoying me the most with the fandom are people screaming "Aqours Final Live" and Aqours disbanding when there is nothing to suggest that and there are things coming (muse returning, Aqours unit lives, etc) that would suggest no such thing. The Sunshine anime ending and the solo projects the Aqours seiyuu have started just suggest that Aqours events will slow down (eg 1 live/year instead of 2)
Jan 4, 2020 12:14 AM
Jan 2014
Himeno said:
The first movie seemed like they had 3rd season story line draft, then found out they wouldn't have time to make it before contracts started expiring, so they hacked it down into a movie.

I was talking about the only one i've seen, the movie post first season, with Muse. I call it crappy because they tease all along about whether or not Muse will continue or disband for good, like they had already done at the end of 2nd season. But they never intended to develop Muse's story. They teased for 2H just to bring the matter back to square one. Plot-wise, the movie is utterly useless. Especially since the so-called plot involves a stage in the USA, which is just botched in 2 minutes. That's why i believe they just stretched Muse for as long as possible to cash on it. Muse had already proved to be a good production investment after all. Investing directly on a spin off was not as financially secure at the time.
Nox---Jan 4, 2020 12:19 AM
Jan 4, 2020 1:29 AM

Nov 2007
Nox--- said:
Himeno said:

I was talking about the only one i've seen, the movie post first season, with Muse. I call it crappy because they tease all along about whether or not Muse will continue or disband for good, like they had already done at the end of 2nd season. But they never intended to develop Muse's story. They teased for 2H just to bring the matter back to square one. Plot-wise, the movie is utterly useless. Especially since the so-called plot involves a stage in the USA, which is just botched in 2 minutes. That's why i believe they just stretched Muse for as long as possible to cash on it. Muse had already proved to be a good production investment after all. Investing directly on a spin off was not as financially secure at the time.
https://www.deviantart.com/mucai/journal/Thoughts-on-Love-Live-Movie-594880624
Jan 4, 2020 3:52 AM

Feb 2018
Why not? They have the money anyway to make more. And having more adaptation means more money for them.
Jan 4, 2020 5:57 AM

Sep 2017
Yes, we always need see more cute school girls!!

Love live>>>>>>>all
Jan 4, 2020 7:27 AM

Oct 2018
Yes. Because I lazy to play the game
Jan 4, 2020 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
yea, it does. shit's got me pumpeder than a septic tank
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

66 by Sommernacht »»
May 12, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.