Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 23, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kofuku <3. I see she gets along with Bishamon quite well. I am still impressed with Bishamon's arsenal even though I've seen a few of them in action already.

Dat feels this chapter. Yukine needs to calm down..
Poor Yato too ;.; Yeah, this doesn't look pretty. Anyways, with that cliffhanger, I'm definitely looking forward to next time.
Feb 23, 2014 6:56 AM

Nov 2007
Bully. Wow, bad luck god is scary when that sexy god came to visit. Getting possessed, but with Yato's word, he got it away.

Yukine is jealous and ran away to check on student life. Monster Hunter!! His frustration grew and that affected Yato. The disease is bad (infectious) enough that OnoD's character just set a kekkai to protect that bad luck god?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 23, 2014 8:49 AM

Oct 2012
Hard to see yato's suffering...

Feb 23, 2014 8:51 AM

Sep 2013
Yukine is sure a rebellious kid. Oh well, I doubt Kofuku's gonna help him.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Feb 23, 2014 8:55 AM

Jan 2014
God damn it Yukine, you done it again, Yato is dying because of you.... I swear Yukine is being a Sakura (Naruto, cry's and bitches alot ) -__-
Feb 23, 2014 8:56 AM

Jun 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
I swear Yukine is being a Sakura (Naruto, cry's and bitches alot ) -__-
Well said sir.
Feb 23, 2014 8:58 AM

Aug 2010
That was one damn intense ending!

Actually liked Manabu's story, I dislike the bullying stories usually but the way he overcame it was epic!! Loved those eyes!! That bully literally pissed his pants XDXD What a loser hahaha XDXDXD Looked at what happens when a person listens to Yato. They kick ass ^^ Yukine should learn -.-

Damn! Yukine pissed me off this ep. Yeah I feel bad for him not living his school life and all but he just went batshit crazy breaking all the windows like that lolol Poor Yato.

Kofuku was so awesome this ep. Gotta love her adorableness when she was hugging Veena and all that then Dat glare!!! She looked totally BA!! "If u do something to Yato I'd prepare myself for a big storm" Veena couldn't say a damn thing XD And Daikoku patting her head was cute :3

Again poor Yato! Finally! Finally! Hiyori figured out how much suffering he's been having. At last! And respect to her how she was willing to take in all that pain to carry him to make up for not believing in him. She won quite a lot of points there.
If only she bitch slapped Yukine. He saw them both blighted like that and just stayed there like it isn't his fault!!!

The end with Daikoku making a borderline was intense!! It's probably to protect Kofuku from getting infected so I understand what he's doing and won't blame him. Glad that from the pv it seems like they'll bring him to Tenjin so it's not like he's leaving Yato to die. Hope everything goes well >.<
Feb 23, 2014 9:12 AM

Oct 2010
Kofuku was quite BA in her confrontation with Bishoumon, threatening her like that. I guess she's a lot more powerful than she lets on.
Feb 23, 2014 9:14 AM

May 2013
Never seen Kofuku with an angry face before. The end there with Daikoku making that borderline. I assume that is so the blight won't spread to them. I hope he and Kofuku can help Yato out.
Feb 23, 2014 9:15 AM

Aug 2011
The bully got what he deserved. Yato really took big risk when he took Yukine as his shinki... Poor Yato :(
Feb 23, 2014 9:15 AM

Jun 2009
smehow it seems a lil pushed forward and goes to fast I liked the part more in the manga but still cant wait for next ep
+ op vid changed again now also rabou is their :D
Feb 23, 2014 9:31 AM

Jun 2013
Please behave, Yukine.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 23, 2014 9:35 AM

Dec 2012
Another Cliffhanger.. lol

but from the ending spoiler, guess next one will be interesting.

i like how kofuku turn to serious mode when facing bishamon, it gives me the chill.
Feb 23, 2014 9:44 AM

Mar 2013
Cliffhangers T_T

But holy shiet, things got intense this episode. I wonder what happened to Yukine in his previous life to act out in this way. People around him kept on leaving? He ended up homeless or something?

Btw (this is directed to manga readers) is the story still faithful to the source material, more or less?
Feb 23, 2014 9:47 AM

Oct 2013
Yukine just became a character I hate the most this season. Everything he says and does just makes me want to punch him. I am hoping that he will die -,-
I am a human.
Feb 23, 2014 9:53 AM
Jul 2011
SalemWitch said:
Btw (this is directed to manga readers) is the story still faithful to the source material, more or less?

More or less, yes.
Feb 23, 2014 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
OMG XD
Kofuku was way cooler in the anime than she was in the Manga xD

Feb 23, 2014 9:58 AM

Mar 2013
traittrait said:
SalemWitch said:

More or less, yes.

Good to hear. I hope Bones won't opt for an anime-original ending like they're known to do. With so many manga chapters it should be pretty easy for them to end it while leaving an opening for a second season. I just hope it sells well enough to do so. Goodness knows we need more anime like Noragami T_T
Feb 23, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
This was intense! I am avoiding looking at the next episode thing to just keep myself pumped!
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Feb 23, 2014 10:06 AM

May 2012
SalemWitch said:
Good to hear. I hope Bones won't opt for an anime-original ending like they're known to do. With so many manga chapters it should be pretty easy for them to end it while leaving an opening for a second season. I just hope it sells well enough to do so. Goodness knows we need more anime like Noragami T_T

They are opting for an anime-original character though, however they did consult the mangaka on this one, so I'm still ok with it.

Great episode. I'm looking forward to the next.
Feb 23, 2014 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
AppoX said:
Yukine just became a character I hate the most this season. Everything he says and does just makes me want to punch him. I am hoping that he will die -,-

I dont know how to tell you this...but he's already dead :/ Jokes aside ,i know waht you mean :D

Geesh,Yukine enough with the tantrums. We know your early death was super tragic and unfortunate,but c'mon think other ppl around you. When Hiyori called Yukine after his tantrum, i expected him to get slapped for some reason.
And Kofuku's badass mode was awesome^^
OnbuuFeb 23, 2014 10:26 AM
Feb 23, 2014 10:18 AM

Aug 2009
Whoaw!!! Just as I thought - the cutest characters are always the scariest ones!!! Damn!!! Kofuku sure was frightening!!!! >XD Yato means so much to her, I wonder why, though?! :O Hopefully, I will get the answer to this question one day! :D

That Manabu kid was awesome!!! Wish Yukine would be that strong and quick to comprehend!!! >___< I still have faith in him!!!

Yato seems to be quite the believer in Yukine, until the very end!!! Gotta respect the god!!!! Hiyori cares so damn much!!! Too bad she didn't really get the seriousness of the situation sooner! Yet she helped Yato out with no hesitation!!! That's a true friend!!! But somehow it seems like Yato doesn't really see her that way - judging by what he and also Yukine wish for!!! Eventually, I believe they will become the best of friends so I'm really optimistic!!!

Don't wanna spoil the next episode but Yukine sure is messed up, huh?!!! O_O Hope he will change for the better! I don't believe he'll leave Yato or get killed by him...it'd be too much, especially since we're so familiar with him and all that!! Sure lots of people hate him but I personally like him a lot and don't wanna see him disappear!!! T~T
Feb 23, 2014 10:22 AM

May 2013
Kofuku is so freaking cute! c:
The ending part was a bit harsh, maybe there was a reason he casted Borderline...
Feb 23, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2014
Damn those cliffhangers!
I actually hate Yukine, he really is one of the most selfish characters I have ever seen. He just doesn't care how he has hurt Yato at all -- RAGE
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Feb 23, 2014 10:23 AM

Jul 2013
F*** that cliffhanger, dammit Yukine control yourself...

Damn Yato was holding it off until he collapses. I guess Yukine have a bad past before some accident he has.

At least Hiyori is helping Yato out and trying to cure him.

Feb 23, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
Judging from the next episode preview, Yukine will get what's coming to him while they try to save Yato. He better start to smarten up, he's already that most annoying character of the season. He has his reason but holy crap, hissy fits much?

Would like to see more Kazuma and Yato interacting too, since they got an interesting past but with Bishamon...I don't think that will happen.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Feb 23, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
I see they changed the opening a little bit

Yukine is just getting more messed up and Yato reached his limit

Surprised to see Kofuku's threatening side but also surprised at that ending :o
Feb 23, 2014 10:50 AM
Mar 2012
SalemWitch said:
traittrait said:
SalemWitch said:

More or less, yes.

Yes, more or less still following manga. Bones do this series with some modification but still relating to the manga story.

I think this new character serves as final villain. If not, there's no climax just in 12 episodes. Knowing how Bones adapt aired episodes until now, I think bones makes it possible for season 2 even for new character.
Feb 23, 2014 10:51 AM

Apr 2010
Next episode looks to be interesting.
Feb 23, 2014 10:52 AM

May 2010
Kofuku so cute and yet so scary xD

the part with the "spirit/whatever" telling the guy to kill the bullys instantly reminded me of Grail-kun ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmHTASY6oKA
Feb 23, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
Kofuku showing she's serious if Bishamon mess with Yato.

Poor Yato. Yukine must feel ashamed of himself because of what he did to Yato.

Next Episode will be good. Looks like Yukine's relationship with Yato will now be resolved.
Feb 23, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2013
They changed the OP again.

Kofuku HNGGGG and dayum she can be scary.

OH MY GOD YATO. YUKINE DIE (again)...but I'm really curious as to what made him this way.

Oh my God YATOOOO.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Feb 23, 2014 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
AppoX said:

I thought i was one of few that disliked him....here's to hopin Yato uses that Nora again and wrecks shit
Feb 23, 2014 11:30 AM
Oct 2013
Intense episode. Kofuku scary face ftw. And man up, Yukine, for god's sake D:
Feb 23, 2014 11:41 AM
Jul 2009
Kikimorka said:
Damn!!! Kofuku sure was frightening!!!! >XD Yato means so much to her, I wonder why, though?! :O Hopefully, I will get the answer to this question one day!

I can tell you. It's not what you think though. Remember that Kofuku is the Bimbogami, the god of poverty and bad luck. For that reason she doesn't have many friends, even among the gods. That's why she looks so happy every time someone comes to visit her. So, the reason she cares so much about Yato is because he's one of the few gods who hangs out with her anyway. If there's a second season you'll see that she also comes to care a lot about Hiyori. She dotes on her a lot. lol
Feb 23, 2014 11:44 AM
Mar 2013
Why so much hate on Yukine everybody? He's just a baby,a dead baby.
Feb 23, 2014 11:47 AM

Mar 2011
That was an amazing episode.
But Yukine is still annoying as hell.
Feb 23, 2014 11:47 AM

Apr 2013
Hahah Kofuku doesn't have any problem in talking with Bishamon (the stongest god of war).
That guy succeded to retain himself from cutting his mate and bully.
Oh Yukine calm down...
Poor Yato and now Hiyori took that disease too. Kofuku and Daikoku don't want to let them in.
Feb 23, 2014 11:49 AM

Jun 2013
MizutaniShuncho said:
Why so much hate on Yukine everybody? He's just a baby,a dead baby.

Regardless he's being a brat. But seems like after seeing how much of a friend Yato has been to him whilst enduring the blight, I'm sure he'll change for the better :3

@Reply on my profile, rarely check back forum threads

HummingBird | DeviantArt | MAL | MML

Feb 23, 2014 11:50 AM

Jun 2009
duderus said:
OMG XD
Kofuku was way cooler in the anime than she was in the Manga xD

well normaly the batrt wish bisha comes later on in the manga so no wonder
normaly she would just appeared at the end of the ep
Feb 23, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2007
Hope no Yukine-haters drop after this ep cuz it does look like that whole "infected by Yukine" stuff looks like it's gonna be resolved next ep (unless they somehow stretch it or something).

Oh gawd YES though. Loved how that bully issue is resolved.

Darn you cliffhanger! Darn you!
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 23, 2014 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
I guess I'm the only one who likes Yukine...
Feb 23, 2014 12:03 PM
Mar 2013
I seriously hate Yukine.
Feb 23, 2014 12:06 PM

Nov 2011
Ikano said:
Hope no Yukine-haters drop after this ep cuz it does look like that whole "infected by Yukine" stuff looks like it's gonna be resolved next ep (unless they somehow stretch it or something)

I dont know about other people,but it requires more than just one irritating character to drop the series ( in Noragami's case Yukine). Beside i wanna know why Yato killed one of the Bishamon's shinki.
Feb 23, 2014 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
Scary Kofuku, did not expect that O.o
Aaaaand a cliffhanger. Sigh.
Oh well 5/5
Feb 23, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2008
Can someone finally punch that whiny little b***? In this episode, Yukine reached the Ikari Shinji's level of being annoying.

And damn, that cliffhanger!
-
Feb 23, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
glamazon said:
I guess I'm the only one who likes Yukine...

no, i like him too :( i know he was acting really selfishly but i'm sure there's a reason for that..
what will happen to yato now, i wonder?
Feb 23, 2014 12:42 PM

Jun 2012
I like Yukine, but at the same time I want him to die.
Feb 23, 2014 12:55 PM

Jun 2013
Another nice episode! Episode 7 is honestly not as good as the others so I'm glad episode 8 is THIS amusing. The OP changed a bit, no more past Yato aka God of Calamity on the opening.

I love Yato's entrance on the girl's bathroom and the way Hiyori smacked them with a broom (mop?), in any case, it's hilarious XD

Of to Veena and Kofuku, the God of Poverty is one hell of a scary god. Kofuku is either cute or scary and these traits add to her charm :D

Back to the school...
Yukine finding some clothes, playing games and etc. Must be sad for him. Being alone and you know :(

The bully and the bullied... YOU DON'T GIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS SOME RANDOM CUTTER (I'm guessing this is how Hiyori reacted)

And the bully vs Manabu fight ends. Another life lesson learned from Noragami, wooohooo

Side bully story aside, I can relate to Yukine so much it hurts... I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS THAT ANNOYING XD

If it wasn't for that relation, I would hate Yukine A LOT by now and join majority of the Noragami fans on the SS Kill Yukine.

What happened to Yukine, the "I'm alone", "Why only me"... I've experienced it before and it really makes you loose your mind D:

Perhaps this is the reason why Yato is still keeping Yukine? o.O
That Yato could relate himself to him?
Feb 23, 2014 1:08 PM

Nov 2008
The bathroom scene so hilarious.

Yukine needs to be taught a lesson now. Useless and bratty.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

114 by KitsuFrost »»
Jun 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

234 by LotteGiants »»
May 22, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.