Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2013 12:30 PM
Oct 2013
One of the best and most satisfying endings of any of the manga I've read so far! The couples I wanted to get together got together but overall a very realistic ending for the main characters. I didn't imagine that Misaki and Takumi would marry right away because that's not at all like Misaki. Glad Misaki can finally act lovey dovey (at the wedding) because more Takumi has been waiting forever for it :P Sad it's over but glad it ended so well T_T <3
Oct 28, 2013 3:13 AM
Dec 2012
I think it's cute that it ended 10 years later at their wedding and that on the last page they were drawn as their 'original high-school selfs' in the wedding attire. I'm sad to see it end but enjoyed it very much :D
Nov 27, 2013 9:55 AM
Sep 2013
Holy crap 10 years is a long time skip.

I'm curious: have they not seen each other in 10 years and then all of a sudden got married? I would have to assume, they visited each other over the holidays or something...
Dec 20, 2013 4:23 AM

Nov 2013
Well, truth be told,
I am gonna miss this series. Such a great series,
Kinda want them to make an extra chap showing them with kids or something. Or the normal lives of Misaki/Usui's friends.

Great ending
8/10
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Jan 6, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, I can't Believe it ended, have been following it for so long. I loved it, even if I didn't enjoy the last chapters as much. But the ending was good. Now I'm just waiting for the second season of the anime...
Jun 13, 2014 9:14 AM
Jan 2013
This was simply amazing. I cried after finishing the manga. After so many long waits, everything turned out perfectly. I cried because all I was thinking at that time was, "I don't have anything to look forward to anymore." I cried because Usui and Misaki, in the photo in Usui's phone, looked so young, and well... They grew up so fast. :)

This manga was one of the best mangas I have ever read, and I'd say great job to Fujiwara Hiro. :D
Jul 24, 2014 6:58 PM
Jun 2014
Freshsushi said:
Holy crap 10 years is a long time skip.

I'm curious: have they not seen each other in 10 years and then all of a sudden got married? I would have to assume, they visited each other over the holidays or something...

Same question here, I have just finished reading the manga today and I just can't understand how they didn't see each other for so long, It could have been better if Fujiwara included some pictures of they moments together during the holidays when they where in college or something like that...
Sep 24, 2014 6:34 AM
Jul 2014
I've watched the anime when it was aired years before, but it's only recently that I've decided to read the manga. Boy, that was one good decision! I've been reading this in between classes and before going to sleep, so I managed to finish it in less than a week. Still, it was wonderfully written (and drawn, if I may add) that I really got attached to the characters. I love that Fujiwara-sensei took the time to develop the characters. This is one of the (very few) shoujo mangas that I love (I prefer shonen ones). Definitely going to my favorite list. The parting words made me tear up. It was really touching and appropriate at the same time. :')

"It is about time we depart. If you get tired of your destination, please return anytime you like. We will always be waiting here. Well then, have a safe trip, master." :'((( :') MUCH LOVE!
Oct 16, 2014 1:44 AM
Apr 2012
I just finished the manga *__* It was really a nice ending. I got goosebumps on the last pagethough. I will re-read it again! SO MUCH LOVE FOR USUI-MISAKI <3
They are so perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, if any of you guys will read this, can any of you will please tell me who's this little kid, the one holding Edward-sama's hand? :)

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/kaichou_wa_maid_sama/v14/c085/47.html
Nov 19, 2014 5:28 AM

Jan 2013
Time skip was inevitable...
There sure was some interesting stuff happening, and it was a cheap way to answer some questions.
Some of the pairings tho, didn't expected them.

Nice ending, it was good to see that Misaki is still herselfnto the end, and Usui too ^^
Dec 18, 2014 7:56 PM

Mar 2012
finally finished read this manga
in 3 days (lol).

satisfied ending
more enjoyed the first half than the second half

but, overall it's a great shoujo manga 9/10 from me...
Jan 25, 2015 7:40 PM

Aug 2013
Sniiff. Well, now it's over :'(
No more demon president, no more moe maids (especially flustered Misaki), no more so-sexy-that-I'm-going-gay Usui... Now I'm depressed T.T

The chapter started in a great way, with Misaki friend helping her to overcome her secret of being a maid. They are such great friend, doing all that for her :'|
At last, she could confront all the people from her highschool. It was a great way to close her highschool life chapter.

It was nice to see everyone back again : Suzuna married to Hinata (yay!) 3 years before Misaki (that's hilarious), Sakura pregnant and with one child already, Shizuno seem to have exchanged haircut with Misaki, the mom and dad who were together (!), the three idiots, the whole Maid Latte employees, Yukimura (who didn't changed at all) and Kanou, even freaking Maria-sensei xD
Satsuki almost died, that would have been terrible :O

It was the butler Yuu who gave Hinata the direction, right? Fuck, that was heartbreaking.

Usui becoming a doctor is pretty fitting, with all the knowledge he have. Misaki being a diplomat on the other hand... x)
She's a bit hot-tempered, so I have a bit of reserve about that mix :P

But you know what? It was fun. Yeah, definitely a great shoujo. It had some stalling moments, were you could see that the autor had changed his mind a few time, but in the end, it was highly enjoyable.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 16, 2015 3:01 PM

Dec 2010
10 years timeskip is a little too much..plus Usui and misaki should not be living like that..how are they gonna raise their children.in the anime and the manga they were together almost all the time..the ending was dissapointing for them i feel..there could have been a 5 years timeskip..i find it hard to believe why it would take them 10 years to get married..
Mim
May 24, 2015 10:38 AM
May 2015
Jsmithmim said:
10 years timeskip is a little too much..plus Usui and misaki should not be living like that..how are they gonna raise their children.in the anime and the manga they were together almost all the time..the ending was dissapointing for them i feel..there could have been a 5 years timeskip..i find it hard to believe why it would take them 10 years to get married..

I thought the exact same thing!! The WASTED YOUTH!! They can impossibly have waited to meet each other for 10 years, that's just too much! Hadn't it been such a long skip, I would have been very satisfied with the ending. Now I just feel bad for them... Usui always felt so lonely before already...
May 28, 2015 4:12 AM

Nov 2014
Yes I am very happy, I totally loved the ending but I am not fully satisfied.
Not showing her relationship with her father advancing :( ? Also, Usui's original father is behind the scenes :( and the worst of all Misaki's new hair cut :(
May 30, 2015 12:10 AM

Apr 2013
O M G. I can't contain my excitement. This manga is fucking gold through n through... I am speechless. It was done so beautifully esp the last chapter. Absolute perfection. Loved all the nostalgia it gives with the graduation ceremony, showing all of misaki and takumis time together, then the time skip. Idk about u guys but that feel of being there for all those moments before they become memories makes it so special you know?

The time skip had me worried, when I flipped the page after misaki passes her entrance exam and they depart I read "10 years later..." I IMMEDIATELY closed the app and had to ready myself to read the rest. I couldn't handle the stress srs (maybe its just the recovery from bike riding) but I got so emotional with every passing second so worried about how everyone ended up.

To my surprise they ended up GREAT!!! I read the read the chapter so fucking intently, sucking in every single word and drawing. What a beautiful ending... I'm gonna be re reading this chapter all the time, I can just tell. Added this shit to my fav manga
Jul 11, 2015 8:08 PM
Feb 2015
That whole dating thing was overrated aoi was like 15 or 14 and honoka was like 20 although the three idoits' black haired one and Erika is somewhat okay they're age difference was like 2 years
Sep 5, 2015 7:31 PM
Sep 2013
Just finished reading this in 1 day and I didn't expect it to be this long. Anyways, wow what an ending. That time skip was really something... 10 years. At first I thought that 10 years was way too long, but it really isn't when you factor in the accomplishment Misaki had to achieve in-order to be on the same social level as Takumi. 4 years of undergraduate, another 2-4 years of law school, and finally 2-4 years of hard work to become a diplomat (really should have taken a much longer time to become a diplomat). When you add it up its at least 10-12 years. So the time skip is really pushing its boundaries in accomplishments in the given time.

But still i really wished they would have shown how Misaki and Takumi both spent those 10 years apart. Takumi said that after they graduate and he studies in Britain, that they had to prepare their hearts because they won't be able to see each other for a long time. Did that mean they haven't seen each other in those 10 years? Did she ever go visit him or did he ever go visit her?

What about that picture on his old phone, its the same picture from 10 years ago (last page of the chapter). Does that mean they really haven't seen each other in those 10 years? If that is so, how is it that everybody recognized her with her new haircut?

I know I'm over analyzing things, but I really feel that the ending was too rushed. There could've been another 2-3 chapters devoting to the time skip. One chapter devoting to after Misaki lands and has her faithful reunion with Takumi, they would reminiscing of the past 10 years and how difficult it was for the both of them (this is where the feels kick in) and Misaki has her final fitting of her wedding dress. The last chapter would be how the supporting casts coupled off, give Misaki's mom and dad some air time and of course the wedding.

I'm really glad how everybody hasn't changed much. Takumi and Hinata are still going at it and Misaki still has that cute flustered expression. I really enjoyed reading this. I will undoubtedly miss it, but most of all i will miss Misaki's cute flustered face.

9.5/10

Feels sorry for Takumi though, finally reuniting after 10 years only to last 1 week (Misaki's a diplomat and has to fly a lot). Ahhhhh...... Growing up is so hard.
Jan 18, 2016 8:16 AM

Sep 2013
I've watched the anime when it was still airing but I've never got around reading the manga. Finally. Well that was pretty entertaining. We sure got some weird pairings in the ending. Honoka and Aoi lol. I swear this shoujo manga authors have a thing for this kind of things. Well it was hinted that Honoka and Aoi had some kind of "connection" back when they were still young so I guess that make it less weird.

Nice conclusion to the series. I really like romance shoujo like this where they dont take things too seriously. Sad Usui never got to meet his father though.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 18, 2016 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
Jsmithmim said:
I think you guys need to remember that this is just a manga and its not real.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 14, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2008
Re-watching and re-reading the manga I can totally see why we never got a second season of anime. The story went away from being centered around UsuixMisaki and more towards family relationships, and politics.
The handling of Walker family ark was a disaster in my opinion, for all the talk about how talented Usui is, he was taking the role of captured princess, which was unfitting for the image the author build up for him. In addition the author hardly touched on the fact that first the Walker family cut all their ties with him, then when things go bed they want to welcome him into the family and make use of his abilities and he has to follow up on the conditions they set. Even knowing that this is just plot convenience the author picked, it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

It all ended nicely, with main characters being able to get married in the end. But it's so hard to feel satisfied when you try to put 10 years into perspective. Building up such grand romance at the beginning and then keeping our dear lovers apart for 10 years? That just so cruel.
The time skip could have been handled a bit more differently. Perhaps expanding more on what everybody went to do during these 10 years a little. One thing for certain, I really wish the author had included a few frames where he said that despite their different path, usui and misaki always strived to make sure they cross at least once a year.

But yeah, even with the whole happy marriage ending, I just don't feel satisfied.
First half 10/10
Second half, 5/10
Ending, OKAY.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Mar 16, 2018 1:01 PM
Nov 2017
solid manga...FULL 100% shoujo but still enjoyed the read and how damn smooth takumi is...9/10 for all of misa-chan's blushing...although I wish they would have ended with jobs where they can see each other more :(.
Jan 24, 2019 3:10 PM
Jan 2019
I love the ending but I have one complaint! I think the person who helped Shintani was Usui's father. Even his father was around why Usui did not acknowledge him as his biological father? I think they would look cute together!
I always love this manga so much! 💕💓
Apr 6, 2019 3:27 AM

Jan 2019
Ahh, So much happened ... All I can say is I feel So Satisfied Right Now.

My First Time Reading A Manga And I am Glad It was This One.
May 26, 2019 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
I am very unsatisfied with the 10 yr separation. Why exactly could Usui and Misaki not try and go to the same university? To get more "feels" out of a long time apart that was not needed? Especially as Usui doesn't seem to be any kind of person who follows set rules. He already told her that her status wasn't that important yes? Plus after all that time for her to get that status that she thought she needed to be with him and now she will spend any time with him anyway thanks to the careers that they chose. Absurd.

Plus I honestly didn't really feel the romance in here, too much unnecessary focus on secondary characters and subplots, wish there was more time with the main pair to give a bit more than blushing and perverted aliens. First half definitely superior imo. Was going to settle for a 7 but not sure I can get it there.
May 21, 2020 12:07 AM

Oct 2013
Read it all now. Overall a good read, but very lacking.

I kinda stopped caring and couldn't get invested in the character or the story halfway. Walker Arc absolutely sucked balls, and the series overall lacked romance.

We got some random kisses and teases but it really didn't feel like too much of a romance.

This could all be condensed in like 60 chapters max.

7/10
Oct 1, 2020 1:28 PM

Aug 2020
A antiga presidente não se envergonha de suas decisões, assim acaba o período escolar de Misaki Ayuzawa. Ver a formatura foi um evento refrescantes, cômico e interessante. Maids invadindo o Seika, Suzuna (e Hinata) com uniforme de empregada e uma formatura divertida é como ela se despede da sua vida escolar, passando os últimos momentos próximo da pessoa que ama, uma nova fase concretizada com uma ultima frase: "Alien pervertido!" saindo da boca da Misaki.

Depois de um longo timeskip nos encontramos com os personagens no auge da sua maturidade, dez anos é um tempo desnecessariamente longo, me pergunto como eles sobreviveram distantes, como se comunicavam e como sustentavam suas esperanças, mas são dúvidas que ficam a imaginação do leitor, já que não temos tempo para isso.

Usui fez as pazes com a família Walker e seguiu como medico da família, o que trouxe um desfecho e satisfação aceitáveis para os eventos que no passado pareciam incompletos.

Me incomoda um pouco a falta de mudanças notáveis na vida dos personagens, eu esperava uma Misaki mais enrugada devido a idade (e o cansaço) e algumas mudanças mais drástica na personalidade (dos personagens em geral), mas acredito que mudar a situação de maneira muito drástica pode atrair olhares decepcionados, então vou confiar na escolha da autora.

Mesmo que tenha minhas decepções, observar o modo como cada um levou a vida é surpreendentemente realista, o que me deixou impressionado. Fico surpreso que tantas pessoas conseguiram viajar para a Inglaterra (não me surpreende se alguns foram patrocinados pela família Walker).

Eu gostaria de saber como alguns casais progrediram, casais como: Susuna X Hinata ou Aoi e Honoka. Outro roteiro que só existe na imaginação dos leitores ಠ_ಠ

E agora... Diplomat? Sério, Misaki? Eu entendo que durante as provas ela deveria focar nos estudos, mas quais são seus planos futuros? Isso tudo não é pelo Usui? Está me dizendo que vai viver uma vida distante de quem ama? Que outro objetivo você pretende conquistar? Status vale mais que estar próximo daquele que ama? Dinheiro já não é uma necessidade na sua vida então do que adianta essa carreira? COMO ISSO ME IRRITA! Esse casal está fadado a um divórcio prematuro caso não repense suas expectativas de vida!

Agora deixando minhas frustações de lado... A saída no helicóptero foi infantil, mas ao mesmo tempo foi uma saída espetacular, isso só mostra o quanto o Usui pode ser egoísta e imprudente, uma razão pela qual o Usui provavelmente irá confrontar a Misaki e a sua profissão pelo bem de uma relação saudável.

Deixando as experiências com o capítulo de lado, Kaichow foi uma montanha russa de emoções, sendo uma das minhas primeiras impressões com o mundo dos animes, essa série tem um carinho no meu coração pelas memórias que me entrega, mas confesso que desde o primeiro beijo que o casal teve as coisas não foram mais tão animadoras, alguns capítulos foram ridículos e a personalidade do elenco principal não me agradava, porem isso não exclui os bons momentos que passei durante esse período, "Kaichou wa Maid-sama!" foi uma boa experiência, mas me parte o coração dizer que não conseguiu ser superior a isso.

//

The former president is not ashamed of her decisions, so Misaki Ayuzawa's school term ends. Seeing graduation was a refreshing, comical and interesting event. Maids invading Seika, Suzuna (and Hinata) with a maid's uniform and a fun graduation is how she says goodbye to her school life, spending the last moments next to the person she loves, a new phase realized with a last sentence: "Alien pervert ! " coming out of Misaki's mouth.

After a long timeskip we met the characters at the height of their maturity, ten years is an unnecessarily long time, I wonder how they survived distant, how they communicated and how they sustained their hopes, but they are doubts that remain the reader's imagination, since we don't have time for that.

Usui made peace with the Walker family and continued as a family doctor, which brought an acceptable outcome and satisfaction to events that in the past seemed incomplete.

It bothers me a little the lack of notable changes in the lives of the characters, I expected a more wrinkled Misaki due to age (and tiredness) and some more drastic changes in personality (of the characters in general), but I believe that changing the situation in a way too drastic can attract disappointed looks, so I’ll trust the author’s choice.

Even though I have my disappointments, observing how each one led life is surprisingly realistic, which impressed me. I am surprised that so many people managed to travel to England (I am not surprised if some were sponsored by the Walker family).

I would like to know how some couples have progressed, couples like Susuna X Hinata or Aoi and Honoka. Another script that exists only in the imagination of readers ಠ_ಠ

And now... Diplomat? Really, Misaki? I understand that during the tests she should focus on her studies, but what are her future plans? Isn't this all for Usui? Are you telling me you're going to live a life far from the one you love? What other goal do you intend to achieve? Is status worth more than being close to the one you love? Money is no longer a necessity in your life, so what's the use of this career? HOW IT ANNOYS ME! This couple is doomed to a premature divorce if they don't rethink their life expectations!

Now letting go of my frustrations... The helicopter exit was childish, but at the same time it was a spectacular exit, it just shows how selfish and reckless Usui can be, a reason why Usui will probably confront Misaki and your profession for the sake of a healthy relationship.

Leaving the experiences with the chapter aside, Kaichow was a roller coaster of emotions, being one of my first impressions with the anime world, this series has a fondness in my heart for the memories it gives me, but I confess that since the first kiss that the couple had things that were not so exciting anymore, some chapters were ridiculous and the personality of the main cast did not please me, however that does not exclude the good times I spent during that period, "Kaichou wa Maid-sama!" was a good experience, but it breaks my heart to say that it could not be greater than that.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - 07/10 (was good)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Oct 5, 2020 2:12 AM
Oct 2020
I really liked the anime and the manga but i would prefer the manga than the anime
(my opinion) Usui and Misaki are really perfect for each other. I read the manga so many times still fangirling 😂 I'm really obsessed with this show. I really wished for the 2nd season and i can't believe some fans waited for 10 years for the 2nd season well, let's don't lose hope! I really wantes this anime to have a 2nd season. I'm reallt looking forward for the wedding scene ❤❤
I'll rate it as 10/10 (yeah still obsessed with the anime XD)
Mar 12, 2022 4:54 PM

Apr 2020
I thought the idea was cute, but I found myself getting bored with this about half way in. I’m glad she ended up with Usui though.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Sep 25, 2022 11:32 AM
Jul 2020
ZingFreelancer said:
Re-watching and re-reading the manga I can totally see why we never got a second season of anime. The story went away from being centered around UsuixMisaki and more towards family relationships, and politics.
The handling of Walker family ark was a disaster in my opinion, for all the talk about how talented Usui is, he was taking the role of captured princess, which was unfitting for the image the author build up for him. In addition the author hardly touched on the fact that first the Walker family cut all their ties with him, then when things go bed they want to welcome him into the family and make use of his abilities and he has to follow up on the conditions they set. Even knowing that this is just plot convenience the author picked, it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

It all ended nicely, with main characters being able to get married in the end. But it's so hard to feel satisfied when you try to put 10 years into perspective. Building up such grand romance at the beginning and then keeping our dear lovers apart for 10 years? That just so cruel.
The time skip could have been handled a bit more differently. Perhaps expanding more on what everybody went to do during these 10 years a little. One thing for certain, I really wish the author had included a few frames where he said that despite their different path, usui and misaki always strived to make sure they cross at least once a year.

But yeah, even with the whole happy marriage ending, I just don't feel satisfied.
First half 10/10
Second half, 5/10
Ending, OKAY.

Yeeeah…this is the one comment I agree with the most.

I’m going to be honest here. Rereading this series again after like 9 years or so, the story is really not good. I can see why it was popular for its time in the early 2010s, but the story lacked depth and does not hold up.

It is average at best. The story dragged with no real development on most of the plots that were introduced, making the chapters completely pointless and therefore leaving me completely bored. Usui and Misaki’s relationship is really the biggest saving grace here. Their chemistry was so fucking good, and all of these distractions with the other plots really tore away from their relationship majority of the time. They should’ve been the focus the whole time. The filler characters literally do not mean shit to the plot, and to be honest I skipped most of the extra chapters that focused on those filler characters.

For me, the biggest disappointment was how the plot with Misaki’s dad was handled. He is the reason why Misaki has a stubborn and harsh personality, and also became a man hater. He was just there as a comedic character where Misaki acted nonchalantly and shrugged him off as if he was nonexistent. I just cant believe nothing happened further between them. Misaki should’ve acted out in anger towards him and we should’ve seen some sort of rekindling between them.

We also never got to see exactly what happened to Usui’s father despite everything. There was nothing elaborated on his whereabouts, just only showing him in a few panels in the final chapter. He never even approached Usui either!!!

This is just my extra two cents here. It’s sad that I’m no longer a fan of this series. I was very close to dropping this but I needed to stick through with it to have a full opinion on it.

5/10 getting rid of this from my collection now 🥲
azenobioSep 28, 2022 4:43 AM
Mar 24, 2023 4:32 PM

Dec 2022
Finally after so many years I decided to come back and finish where the anime concluded.

And I have to say that it became a proper shit show especially right after Misaki was able to get to Usui's door in the castle. I would've guessed that Usui finally would rekindle his flame and will, but nah. Misaki gets hurt in the process and who holds her in that panel as her savior? It's Igarashi because Usui essentially took his sweet-ass time to get dressed while the love of his life gets chased around the castle ultimately getting hurt. And he is just watching because he is slow-walking towards her. On top of that Igarashi gets to force a kiss on Misaki while Usui is just standing right next to them and just letting it happen. Where's the Usui who stepped in right in the moment as Igarashi was pinning down Misaki or Kuga tried his moves on Misaki or the 'idiot trio' tried to touch Misaki as she was feeling sick at the start of the series, etc.
Nope, instead Usui just stands there staring menacingly essentially letting Igarashi do as he pleases for some reason and giving him the satisfaction he desired lol
Volume 17 essentially ended with Igarashi kissing Misaki without any repercussions whatsoever and Usui & Misaki going back to Seika smiling as if nothing happened?! I can't believe it. Everything with the end of the England arc and after it just feels so completely out of place, random and cobbled together just to make ends meet somehow. It's like the author forgot something and then felt the need and pressure to somehow fill something in.
And why Igarashi gets so many random appearances in the last chapters is beyond me. Even when Misaki and Usui were talking about their future children he gets an entrance and also when Usui picks her up, Misaki starts to think what would happen if their child would become somebody like Igarashi?! I mean why even mention Igarashi at all when talking about your kids?! Was the author completely drunk and lost her sanity throughout the final chapters? Like wth is wrong with this author? Does she think that Igarashi is such a good antagonist/character to give him so much attention? He has no character development whatsoever. He stays the same person as he was introduced at the start. He has a flatout uninteresting character design and yet somehow the author seems to be obsessed with her creation of the 'perfect antagonist' to this story, especially towards the end. The randomness especially in those final chapters annoyed me to the point where I really didn't enjoy it anymore and just skipped some dialogues just to get to the end.
After the Igarashi kiss it took the author almost 3 chapters to make Usui & Misaki kiss again. They didn't even kiss as Usui was proposing to Misaki and put a ring on her. They hugged... lol Never seen a successful proposal in my entire life and the result/reward was a simple hug.
Everything started so well to the point of being a hell of a read (in a positive sense), but with the England arc the decline of this series started for me and unfortunately found its somewhat bitter culmination with those last chapters. Basically somewhat of a hell of a read in a negative sense. Even the 'happy' marriage of Misaki and Usui couldn't really bring satisfying feelings like some other scenes before since I was at the point of barely caring for the rest of the story. That Usui and Misaki basically threw away their relationship during their college time just tops it off. As if you can get back that time when you're working as a diplomat and a doctor lol But yeah, all is good that ends well or whatever. It's kind of a tragic reading experience for me unfortunately...

And considering some Tora x Misaki fans: Yeah, would've been great if this series build up to a wholesome route just to crash it into an NTR ending with the douche even getting everything that he can possibly wish for without much of an investment. Truely would've been a superb conclusion to this series. lol

Oh dear, it's been a while since I ranted about a series and I never would've imagined in my wildest dreams that it could've been this series.
the_cureMar 24, 2023 5:08 PM

Cr4v1nDys
Jul 5, 2023 7:59 PM

Jun 2010
All the other forced drama, side story crap and dragging the series on, aside..... (Igarashi, family stuff etc)

10 years?!? That alone just sucks out a whole lot of energy from this "happy ending" and then on top of that.. their jobs are not the kind that will allow for much free time. I mean this feels really really hollow.

We don't even get to see children or anything. The 10 years is just insane.. that's a ~6-8th of their lives, after already meeting each other and falling in love. School is one thing, i mean if they couldn't get into the same one.. but then 6 years more. Plus the whole status thing.. i.e. her moving up to his level before they get together was just... weird and fucked up. So basically the author thinks that relationships need to be between people of equal social standing and that seems really... disturbing and anti-romantic. 

The lessons here seem to be:

Job comes before all else, not just in importance but in an exclusionary way. Social status is to be upheld and enforced. Even worse is that this type of ending and message seem to show up so often in manga/anime, especially romance, these days. Authors insist on these long gaps.. It seems like every series has a main get a job or school far from home requiring long times away. (because OC the other character is never allowed to go with them) This is one of the better scenarios with it too.. This kind of thing easily becomes the cause of bad endings as well.

It's stuff like this that makes it really easy to understand how Japanese society is having a birth rate crisis.

----

I did like the fact that we got some good relationships for the side characters too. Some great couples. specially that Suzuna one.. They really are perfect for each other. Now they could wrestle around all they want. :D

Aoi was a surprise.. Looks like he finally manned up. lol
James_xenoJul 5, 2023 8:22 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 32 Discussion

shadowraze - May 2, 2009

44 by shaadow82 »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:11 AM

» ending was so sudden

cool_as_mf - Jun 21, 2023

2 by cool_as_mf »»
Jun 22, 2023 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 48 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2010

21 by YasashiiTimes »»
May 14, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 21 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Dec 11, 2008

9 by FakeSpicyApple »»
May 4, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 55 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 2, 2010

23 by River-desu »»
Dec 7, 2022 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.