Forum Settings
Forums

Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Mouretsu! Otona Teikoku no Gyakushuu Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2008 10:02 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, it's been helluva while ago since I saw this film, I found it somewhere on teh interwebz, back when Shin-chan was still being shown on the Dutch Fox Kids channel.

Well, and it was quite hilarious. Obviously low-budged, since it was the fifth movie, if I remember well, and they're already as far as fifteen and it isn't, as far as I know, a super ultra megaman hit serie like Pokemon (and that movies weren't even that great too...) but, to continue my overly long sentence, it was very nice to see all the well-known characters in full glory, with Japanese track and no editing.

I was glad I found this and although I don't remember the story very well, I remember laughing the whole time and that's what important with these kind of anime.
May 23, 2011 12:30 PM
May 2009
5th? its the 9th :P. I found this movie to be funny as hell. But also pretty emotional like with all Shin Chan movies, there is the usual fun and that one moment where it draws the emotions up.
Aug 26, 2014 12:50 AM

Dec 2013
I just rewatched this movie and I gotta admit this is one of the best shin chan movies by far. Probably the same level as Sengoku daikassen...
But I really wish the recent movies becomes good as these since this movie is emotional,funny, and yet still has the right amount of the shin-chan crude humor to make it good.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 26, 2015 9:35 AM

Apr 2012
Chako was so hot. There are lots of female characters in Shin-chan, like Misae, the Futaba teachers, that girl samurai from movie 3, Iroke... but I've never seen anyone like Chako in the franchise, felt refreshing.

Like others says, one of the better Shin-chan movies, good balance between an interesting story, funny jokes, action scenes and emotional moments -- even if the car chase was a tad long imo.
Aug 7, 2022 10:52 AM
Jan 2021
One of the most under appreciated shinchan movie. If you liked Disney UP then this movie is definitely a must watch.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.