Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 24, 2022 9:50 AM

Feb 2016
After watching both season 4 and Date a Bullet, I can confidently say GEEK TOYS is the worst thing to have ever happened to Date a Live. Unexpectedly, however, their entries all have higher scores than those of other studios. How can this be?
その目だれの目?
Jun 24, 2022 9:54 AM

Jan 2021
GEEKTOYS definitely isn't the best studio that has worked in DAL (that goes to AIC Plus+), however, they have done a pretty nice job with the fourth season, sure, it can better but I definitely wouldn't call it "the worst thing that ever happened to Date A Live".

Date A Bullet I guess it has higher than other entries because it is about Kurumi.
Jun 24, 2022 10:01 AM
Aug 2021
because they're better than J.C staff
Jun 24, 2022 10:09 AM

Jun 2021
It's about Kurumi,not about geek toys... also geek toys did a pretty good job so totally disagreed
Jun 24, 2022 10:23 AM
Sep 2019
Geektoys did a better job that not just J.C. staff with season 3, also better than other studios i know that have done worse things, sure it is that Geektoys isnt the best studio, but they did a pretty good job and with this last episode they showed us that they arent scared about showing blood +18 stuff, like most studios would censor, im glad geektoys are rn interest on DAL and i hope they make the next season
Jun 24, 2022 10:24 AM
Nov 2020
Disagree, Geek Toys has done a great job with this season, and I hoping they do Season 5( which they most likely are sense it’s already in production)
Jun 24, 2022 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
It's not about the studio it's about adaptatng as much as possible from the LN, I'll take seven seasons, if it means it adapts all volumes as much as possible.

Jun 24, 2022 10:33 AM
Sep 2019
Hoppy said:
It's not about the studio it's about adaptatng as much as possible from the LN, I'll take seven seasons, if it means it adapts all volumes as much as possible.

i think its gonna be most likely 12 episode season and a movie, or if we get a good adaptation with a 2 cours 24 episodes, it will be fair enough to adapt the last volumes
Jun 24, 2022 10:43 AM
Nov 2016
I think we appreciate that season 5 is announced and why people dislike geektoys i think they did a good job and appreciate them so they work harder and also hearing season 5 is announced is more than good news and i hope this season will continue till conclusion
Jun 24, 2022 10:52 AM
Jun 2021
Lucifrost said:
After watching both season 4 and Date a Bullet, I can confidently say GEEK TOYS is the worst thing to have ever happened to Date a Live. Unexpectedly, however, their entries all have higher scores than those of other studios. How can this be?

God you must be braindead or something to ask why does the kurumi focused spinoff movie and the season that explains kurumis backstory have the highest ratings in the DAL franchise

ignoring your lack of braincells, geek toys is not "the worst thing to happen" that goes to s3 jc staff. I don't even understand how you can watch s3 and s4 and come to the conclusion that s4 is the worse one. I think I prefer it to season 2 but I dont really remember s2 and will wait until s5 to rewatch.

the best studio imo is the first one, but they don't make anime anymore, but geektoys is much better than what jc staff did. now if jc staffs toaru team did it then we would be talking something else but they didn't.
Jun 24, 2022 10:57 AM

May 2020
Its not about Geektoys actually.
<<<<
Its more about her.
<<<<
& coincidentally, Geektoys adapted Date A Bullet & her arc.

The worst???
Nah!!!
S3 was so much worse.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 24, 2022 11:14 AM
Sep 2020
Disagree, GeekToys did a great job on this season. I just realized that on Kurumi's clock VI is faded until she kissed shido.. That's why GeekToys did a pretty great job

I hope GeekToys will animate s5 or maybe a good studio

(My English sucks)
Jun 24, 2022 12:15 PM
Mar 2022
Geek Toys is only a small animation studio with very limited staff and money, but it takes 4th season seriously and tries hard.

However, although J.C.Staff is a large company with enough staff and resources, it put few efforts in DAL season 3 and made a bad season.

This is why we prefer Geek Toys, they show effort and enthusiasm for DAL.
Jun 24, 2022 1:05 PM
May 2019
i like how they draw hair. very pleasing to look at imo
Jun 24, 2022 1:56 PM
Apr 2022
i don't understand if geek toys is censored or not

in ep 6 was censored and change bath scens

in ep 12 show kurumi fully naked why😭😭

I don't object to this scene as much as I object to the timing.

The episode would have been a complete episode without that scene.

I don't understand why great works are self-destructive.☹😤😤

I was waiting for this episode so much that I was telling my friends that it would be better than the earthquake attack episode of Attack on Titan.

Now I don't want them to see it

if only they censored that scene😭😭

i realy love this show and i hurt when i hear people say that dal is ecci anime that make people think it is a cheap work

Hover i really intersted in this episode and soundtrack of Rine was legndory and in my opinion is best ep in history of animes

if only they censored that scene 😭😭
Mr_westcottJun 24, 2022 2:00 PM
Jun 24, 2022 2:11 PM
May 2022
cope harder delusional. best thing happened to this franchise
Jun 24, 2022 2:13 PM

May 2021
Wake up and then talk.

Jun 24, 2022 5:50 PM

Mar 2014
"the worst thing that ever happened to Date A Live" is the abomination JC Staff did in S3.

Are you joking, right? No way this is WORSE than that rushfest with ugly designs...and damn, they HAD to get Origami Arc, my favorite, what a disgrace that was...
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jun 24, 2022 7:58 PM

Feb 2016
Fabris said:
Are you joking, right? No way this is WORSE than that rushfest with ugly designs...and damn, they HAD to get Origami Arc, my favorite, what a disgrace that was...

No, I'm not joking. The Origami arc was better than the unfinished Kurumi arc, as well as every other part of season 4.
LucifrostJun 24, 2022 8:03 PM
その目だれの目?
Jun 24, 2022 10:02 PM

Jul 2021
Lucifrost said:

But why do you think its was the worst?

The Season 3 was way worse in the animation if you think that way, also in my opnion GeekToys did a pretty good and solid job in the animation and adaptation of DaL
Jun 24, 2022 10:04 PM

Mar 2014
Lucifrost said:
Fabris said:

No, I'm not joking. The Origami arc was better than the unfinished Kurumi arc, as well as every other part of season 4.

HOW? Elaborate, please.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jun 24, 2022 11:16 PM
Aug 2018
what's wrong with you ?

you should be grateful that date a live got a continuation season, and made a film about kurumi.. although some of the anime adaptations were missed but they adapted well.

adapting anime after a pretty bad season (Season 3) is not easy and full of risks, you should appreciate them for daring to make a continuation season..

I'm really annoyed with people like you who are not grateful and only complain incoherently
Jun 25, 2022 1:54 AM
Nov 2016
HD90 said:
what's wrong with you ?

you should be grateful that date a live got a continuation season, and made a film about kurumi.. although some of the anime adaptations were missed but they adapted well.

adapting anime after a pretty bad season (Season 3) is not easy and full of risks, you should appreciate them for daring to make a continuation season..

I'm really annoyed with people like you who are not grateful and only complain incoherently

That's right we have to be grateful bcz many big light novels take only 2-3 anime seasons but this one got 4 and 5th season is also announced and i also know S3 bad graphics but happy with continuation of the series so please support DAL Series
Jun 25, 2022 2:00 AM

Sep 2010
Mr_westcott said:

I was waiting for this episode so much that I was telling my friends that it would be better than the earthquake attack episode of Attack on Titan.

i realy love this show and i hurt when i hear people say that dal is ecci anime that make people think it is a cheap work

Hover i really intersted in this episode and soundtrack of Rine was legndory and in my opinion is best ep in history of animes

I don't see how you can have a problem with Kurumi's nudity in episode 12. The first 2 seasons were already more ecchi than this, so if you were going to recommend this series to anyone, they'd have to be comfortable with at least that much.
Also, in my opinion, Kurumi's scene on the bed in episode 12 was the one scene in season 4 that most needed full nudity, in order to show Kurumi's desperation.
Jun 25, 2022 4:05 AM
Apr 2022
Takata said:
Mr_westcott said:

I don't see how you can have a problem with Kurumi's nudity in episode 12. The first 2 seasons were already more ecchi than this, so if you were going to recommend this series to anyone, they'd have to be comfortable with at least that much.
Also, in my opinion, Kurumi's scene on the bed in episode 12 was the one scene in season 4 that most needed full nudity, in order to show Kurumi's desperation.

Because this epsode is the best episode in date a live So they had to take it seriously not to please Kurumi fans

Secondly, this scene is more daring than all the scenes of the previous seasons

in the previous seasons. The scenes was an accident and something comic, and there is no need to watch it to understand the story,

for example, when Tohka or Origami appear naked in the bathroom, there is nothing Wrong because what they are doing is normal, but The studio showed this for fans service

And This will not even affect the thinking of children if they see it

And previos season you can watch it without echi by watching TV version not bluray

But when a woman takes off her clothes in front of a man and they are in the same room this is +18

And if they had to, they should have kept Kurumi wearing underwear

But you are right this season is cleaner season in dal and that make me upset because this season can Proves that dal is not an ecchi anime.
Mr_westcottJun 25, 2022 5:20 AM
Jun 25, 2022 5:26 AM
Apr 2022
[quote=Mr_westcott message=66689557]
Takata said:
Mr_westcott said:

Because this epsode is the best episode in date a live So they had to take it seriously not to please Kurumi fans

in the previous seasons. The scenes was an accident and something comic, and there is no need to watch it to understand the story,

for example, when Tohka or Origami appear naked in the bathroom, there is nothing Wrong because what they are doing is normal, but The studio showed this for fans service

And This will not even affect the thinking of children if they see it

And previos season you can watch it without echi by watching TV version not bluray

But when a woman takes off her clothes in front of a man and they are in the same room this is +18

But you are right this season is cleaner season in dal and That made me upset because This season had a chance Proves that dal is not an ecchi anime But it did not use it .
Jun 25, 2022 5:47 AM

Sep 2010
Mr_westcott said:
-snip-

for example, when Toka or Origami appear naked in the bathroom, there is nothing Wrong because what they are doing is normal, but The studio showed this for fans service

And This will not affect the thinking of children if they see it

I thought the way episode 12 was done _was_ taking it seriously.

Sure, Kurumi is the first girl in Date A Live to offer actual sex to Shido and strip completely of her own volition (although you could argue Kaguya did in season 2), but I don't think the nudity is any more daring than, say, the Yamai twins' sun lotion scene (where both are topless) in season 2, or when Tohka, Miku and Origami are fully nude after kissing Shido for the first time.

Most of these scenes could probably be made to work with less or no nudity. The scenes would be different, but they would not create a mismatch with the rest of the story.
Kurumi's scene in episode 12 doesn't work as well without nudity. What she is asking of Shido would cost him his life, so if she is sincerely attempting to offer something as close as possible in value, however insufficient, she can withhold nothing; not even undergarments.
Jun 25, 2022 7:00 AM
Oct 2016
Lucifrost said:

Disagreed, they did a good job, 👍
Jun 25, 2022 8:16 AM
Apr 2022
Takata said:
Mr_westcott said:
-snip-

for example, when Toka or Origami appear naked in the bathroom, there is nothing Wrong because what they are doing is normal, but The studio showed this for fans service

And This will not affect the thinking of children if they see it

I thought the way episode 12 was done _was_ taking it seriously.

Sure, Kurumi is the first girl in Date A Live to offer actual sex to Shido and strip completely of her own volition (although you could argue Kaguya did in season 2), but I don't think the nudity is any more daring than, say, the Yamai twins' sun lotion scene (where both are topless) in season 2, or when Tohka, Miku and Origami are fully nude after kissing Shido for the first time.

Most of these scenes could probably be made to work with less or no nudity. The scenes would be different, but they would not create a mismatch with the rest of the story.
Kurumi's scene in episode 12 doesn't work as well without nudity. What she is asking of Shido would cost him his life, so if she is sincerely attempting to offer something as close as possible in value, however insufficient, she can withhold nothing; not even undergarments.

Of course yamai twins consider very daring but it was in beach episode

For tohka and origami and miku They didn't undress for sex and they didn't do it voluntarily and normally nothing of their body would show
(exept miku in bluray version) and then the episode would end

it's like Kalisi from Game of Thrones when she burns her clothes and then the episode ends

These things are out of control don't count as daring scenes but count as fan service

For kurumi They could have made Nepilicol attack before she took off all her clothes

The problem with date a live is that it is not suitable for children and is not suitable for adults

Bloody , nudity and seriously for adults

And cuteness and beauty for children

Such as arc natsumi It feels aimed at children, so adults may not like it
and kotori is leader feels aimed at children

So i watching date a live with my little sister and she loved it and i cut ecchi scense from it and a long s4 I didn't find a need to cut any scenes but in the last episode she noted that the episode is shorter than usual because i cut 4 min from it 💔💔

Even i was planning to remake date a live with A full adaptation of the novel without echi scens and a strong production of such as demon slayer and uniform art style and a uniform season that includes all episodes about 70 episodes

because I like a date a live and I want it to be the first,

but yesterday's episode dashed my hopes because I felt that I had to add a Kurumi scene, otherwise people wouldn't love the new version 💔💔

At the moment I don't have money but in the future I will
Mr_westcottJun 25, 2022 4:13 PM
Jun 25, 2022 9:35 AM
Jan 2017
Lucifrost said:
Fabris said:

yeah, first I thought you were doing some bait or whatever but now I know, you're really dumb, wtf, how can you say that? Did you watch the animation of 3 season? Even the poster is bad wtf
Jun 25, 2022 10:12 AM
May 2022
They did great even tho they are just founded 4 years ago(internet knowledge). Sure they are not the best studio out there but for me they did great adaptating s4 and i think its better than the other seasons. Even tho its not the best they did great making s4
Jun 25, 2022 10:18 AM
Dec 2020
previous season feels like moving cardboards

geeks toys CGI can be a bit jank but at least the character look they have some depth
Jun 25, 2022 4:20 PM

Mar 2021
As someone who has rewatched the series, Geek Toys is definitely the best and JC staff definitely the worst.

Geeks Toys or peakys cgi I say is actually not bad on a lot of the kurumi episodes but it felt rushed on the Mukuro episodes (not the mechs, the characters). The CGI actually does add a lot of depth that is hard just by 2d animation, and allows for cool action.

Seasons 1 & 2 definitely feel a bit plain in today's standards, and lacks some of the better lighting and shading geek toys can put. Season 3 fights were so bad, they literally had the character slided across the screen.
Jun 25, 2022 8:01 PM

Sep 2010
Mr_westcott said:
-snip-

For tohka and origami and miku They didn't undress for sex and they didn't do it voluntarily and normally nothing of their body would show

it's like Kalisi from Game of Thrones when she burns her clothes and then the episode ends

These things are out of control don't count as daring scenes but count as fan service

For kurumi They could have made Nepilicol attack before she took off all her clothes

The problem with date a live is that it is not suitable for children and is not suitable for adults

So i watching date a live with my little sister and she loved it and i cut ecchi scense from it and a long s4 I didn't find a need to cut any scenes but in the last episode she noted that the episode is shorter than usual because i cut 4 min from it 💔💔

Even i was planning to remake date a live with A full adaptation of the novel without echi scens and a strong production of such as demon slayer and uniform art style and a uniform season that includes all episodes about 70 episodes

but yesterday's episode dashed my hopes because I felt that I had to add a Kurumi scene, otherwise people wouldn't love the new version 💔💔

Eh... I thought Date A Live was always aimed at a somewhat "mature" audience, maybe late teens and up, who can accept that anime works with both different physical laws and social rules.

If you want to cut and modify the video to make Date A Live look like something that it isn't, that's your business. I'm sure the original novels have, if anything, slightly more nudity.
But perhaps it would be easier to just pick a less ecchi anime.
TakataJun 26, 2022 3:03 AM
Jun 27, 2022 2:17 PM
Apr 2022
Takata said:
Mr_westcott said:
-snip-

Eh... I thought Date A Live was always aimed at a somewhat "mature" audience, maybe late teens and up, who can accept that anime works with both different physical laws and social rules.

If you want to cut and modify the video to make Date A Live look like something that it isn't, that's your business. I'm sure the original novels have, if anything, slightly more nudity.
But perhaps it would be easier to just pick a less ecchi anime.

I mean, I'm going to include fan service in the remake, but I'm going to delete the more darimg scenes like Yamai's twin scene and cancel the idea of ​​ripping clothes while kissing.

also there are scenes that are not present in the novel that the studio added to fan service

The goal of the remake is not to cancel the fan service, but to reduce it, because canceling it completely may shock people if they see the old version

And the other goal is to make date a live better in terms of quality and art style because a lot of the fights weren't good because of the poor production

I can say that it is fortunate that the production is weak,

because this will make people forget the old version and go to the new one without hesitation,

especially since I intend to add additional episodes and scenes that have been deleted in the current version

as for finding another anime, I can't, because the only anime that has a place in my heart is date a live
Jun 27, 2022 3:01 PM
Apr 2022
DaikiceLoliDeath said:
Geektoys did a better job that not just J.C. staff with season 3, also better than other studios i know that have done worse things, sure it is that Geektoys isnt the best studio, but they did a pretty good job and with this last episode they showed us that they arent scared about showing blood +18 stuff, like most studios would censor, im glad geektoys are rn interest on DAL and i hope they make the next season

I don't understand why people are so happy in Kurumi bed scene

This episode is the greatest episode in date a live and I can't be proud of it because of that scene 💔💔

This episode reminded me of the earthquake episode of Attack on Titan, the difference is that the episode of Attack on Titan I can recommend, but the episode of date a live I can't because of that scene

They should have censored that scene or put it in another episode
Jun 28, 2022 4:00 AM

Jan 2015
For the visuals honestly. The fourth season is easily the best one in that regard, although the first season still remains the best animated with many fluid animation scenes. Whereas the fourth season looks pretty and has decent animation, it has none of those moments. But I can honestly feel that Geektoys cares about DAL, unlike the previous two seasons.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

158 by AkashiKyojuro »»
Today, 6:51 AM

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

52 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 28, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.