Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2022 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
QUEENDOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oooooooooooooooooooo They've used Queendom in the anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OHHHHHH Tokimeki Runners piano version. It's always Tokimeki Runners for them.
Ayupyon maid! That was unexpected.
Lanzhu, pleassseee don't leave. The only thing you should do is find yourself, find what you really want to do from deep down inside, and join the club.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

AkeZZZMay 21, 2022 7:35 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
May 21, 2022 6:32 AM

Feb 2020
Queendom. <3 I was so happy to hear it.

Don't leave, Lanzhu! :( Please come back...

Tokimeki Runners! That was such a pleasant surprise. Amazing performance. <3

SerafosMay 21, 2022 8:19 AM
May 21, 2022 6:35 AM

Feb 2019
OMG LANZHU and TOKIMEKI runners???? Masterclass episode. I have WAY TOO MANY screenshots from the ep: https://imgur.com/a/jMg7QDS

First of all, Lanzhu’s performance was short but queendom slayed. Then tokimeki runners was handled perfectly. I have absolutely 0 complaints. My 2nd fave episode so far.

Nooo don’t leave Lanzhu 🥹

Mia episode next week it looks like. Can not wait. The last couple weeks have been awesome
May 21, 2022 6:41 AM
Oct 2020
Holy muck the amount of reference they give in the tokirun scene,

i legit cried
May 21, 2022 6:46 AM
Dec 2020
When Niji announced they gonna do anime adaptation, of course I expect songs from the game will be shown too but that was not the case in season 1(except Chase). But the feeling was still there, and HOLY this episode was like a present for Christmas. QUEENDOOM, Tokimeki Runner legit I cried WHAT AN EPISODE!
May 21, 2022 6:57 AM

Dec 2020
Holy what a amazing performance from lanzhu san.
Ayumu chan to see in a maid outfit cute as always,i hope lanzhu don’t leave.<3
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 21, 2022 7:00 AM

Feb 2020
This episode is soooooooooooo gooooooood!!
Love QUEENDOM and Tokimeki Runners ❤❤
Can't wait for the Mia episode~
May 21, 2022 7:19 AM

Jun 2021
I cried tears of joy when they performed TOKIMEKI Runners! That was the song that started it all and to see it performed in the anime was nothing short of amazing!

Btw, hats off to that white cat who got the boat moving again!
May 21, 2022 7:24 AM

Jan 2018
AAAAAAAAAAHH TOKIMEKI RUNNERS..... I'm sooo happy we got to see them perform to it in the anime. It was kino. This really brought tears to my eyes. And Lanzhu got to perform to Queendoom too. Another excellent episode.
ARK-13May 21, 2022 7:30 AM
May 21, 2022 7:31 AM

Mar 2011
Goosebumps on Lanzhu's Queendom! It left me wanting for more I hope they made it longer.

surf78987898 said:

Btw, hats off to that white cat who got the boat moving again!

Wow I did not notice Hanpen actually did that. Thanks for pointing it out!
May 21, 2022 7:46 AM

Apr 2013
I noticed a minor animation error in this episode. After Queendom, Lanju's eyes makeup disappears in a scene but it's up again on the next.

It's irrelevant but my OCD triggered, lmao.

Hardgore_LasagnaMay 21, 2022 7:56 AM
May 21, 2022 8:00 AM
May 2018
Queendom and TOKIMEKI Runners, lets gooo!!!
Ngl i cried during the scene. I know they've been referencing tokimeki form the episode title but I didn't expect it would be inserted to this ep. This is epic momentos in LL┌(・。・)┘♪
May 21, 2022 8:37 AM
Aug 2018
This was possibly the best episode in all of love live...until they chose to use tokimeki runners. I feel clickbaited, since they earlier in the show showed Yuu working on Neo Sky Neo Map, only to the use the infinetly inferior song in the final performance.
May 21, 2022 8:38 AM

Sep 2019
Sadge Lanzhu moment.
May 21, 2022 8:53 AM
Aug 2021
Wait. At the final performance, are those costumes are originally from the game?? And then, that last song, I heard it from their live performance on YouTube. That is unexpected for me to include it in this episode.

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
May 21, 2022 8:58 AM
Aug 2021
Okay, I felt something off at Lanzhu. I really don't know what she is looking for from them. There is some conflict inside her that prevented her to be with them. As if she's out of synch with them. However, she really wants to be them.

I guess I will wait for next week.

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
May 21, 2022 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
This was a really nice song, the girls did great.

May 21, 2022 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
No, you don't just cut a song as good as QUEENDOM short like that. Utterly blasphemous.

All jokes aside, probably my favourite episode of the entire Nijigaku anime so far, excellent throughout. Kind of surprising they didn't go for the ten-person version of TOKIMEKI Runners though, given they had Shioriko join the group last week.

Very much looking forward to the Mia episode next week, and for seeing what else they do with Lanzhu now.
May 21, 2022 12:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice school festival with Lanzhu's representation and finally Yuu's song with everyone's participation in the representation, that was great to conclude it
May 21, 2022 12:52 PM
Feb 2017
AkeZZZ said:
QUEENDOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oooooooooooooooooooo They've used Queendom in the anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lanzhu, pleassseee don't leave. The only thing you should do is find yourself, find what you really want to do from deep down inside, and join the club.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

if you know please tell me from which live is that!!💖​💖​💖​
May 21, 2022 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
Issei_w said:
AkeZZZ said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

if you know please tell me from which live is that!!💖​💖​💖​

The third live, “ Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club 3rd Live! School Idol Festival ~Yume no Hajimari~”
何それ?意味分かんない
May 21, 2022 1:51 PM

Jan 2019
holy shiz this episode was great
lanzhu powering through what i thought would make her slip up, with the little boat being stuck. but she just slayed it with mf'ing Queendom

plus we got Tokimeki Runners in anime!! the fact that yuu made it with the help of mia is amazing. and the 3L references with Yuu playing the piano. bro... that was too much
May 21, 2022 1:53 PM

Oct 2018
So I'm guessing R3BIRTH plotline is up next? Sure looks like it, it's time for those three to finally have a proper conversation with one another.
May 21, 2022 3:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That was definitely a stellar end to this massive joint school festival, loved the song and performance, I also love seeing those classic outfits.

Yu’s little arc was pretty great as well, I’m glad with the help of Mia she was able to write a song on time by Love Live standards lol, and man I’m sad Lanzhu’s performance was cut short but that was an epic intro tho. Looks like next week is gonna be Mia focused with how she said the title in English, I liked that lol.
May 21, 2022 3:41 PM

Jul 2016
And so, the "Idol competition" only Lanzhu assumed was occurring came to its conclusion. Now it's finally time to know what's the deal with this girl and her inability to join a group she clearly wants to be part of.

Pretty good episode overall. The intro of Lanzhu's song sounded dope and the girls' final performance was simply amazing. It was a nice way to conclude Yuu's plot-line and though she wasn't of much help, I'm somewhat glad they found a way to fit Mia's irrelevant character into the story after 7 episodes.
May 21, 2022 4:24 PM

Nov 2019
Maid ayumu-pyon was so cute, the little boat was fun to watch too. And Queendom~! Waaa

Mia had some nice moments with Yu today

Yu playing live piano for Tokimeki Runners, the performance was spectacular~!!

Noo don't leave Lanzhu, stayyy

Mia focus next episode has me hyped, can't wait for the build-up to the reveal as to why Lanzhu refuses to join the school idol club
May 21, 2022 4:26 PM

Aug 2020
waku waku! Tokimeki runners performance was sooo great!!!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
May 21, 2022 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
<3 Emma's outfit is so beautiful! <3

This has been one of my favorite Nijigasaki High School Idol Club episodes I've watched. I couldn't be happier that both Queendom and TOKIMEKI Runners have finally appeared in the anime, and the outfits have been shown quite faithfully as well. Yu and Mia have also worked together really well, and it even shows Yu actually performing the piano showing much passion for her idols to perform. Even Lanzhu couldn't help but to be impressed with the performance, and I can't wait for her to form R3BIRTH along with two of her members. Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club has not disappoint me once again.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
May 21, 2022 6:44 PM

Jul 2013
What a great song choice. The song that started it all.
May 21, 2022 8:11 PM

Jun 2021
The girls have come full circle with TOKIMEKI RUNNERS!! Such a beautiful rendition, I'm so proud of my babies! <3

It was such a beautiful ending. The colours, the ANIMATION WAS ON POINT! Godlike episode.

Also, Yu being frustrated and rolling around talking like a baby was pretty cute. I'm so proud of you for getting over your frustration and writing and performing such a great song. Love you, boo.

So School Idol Festival 2: Judgment Day was a huge success! And after all is said, Lanzhu's just gonna be like, that's it, so long, good luck?

I DO recall saying good luck, actually! Don't leave, Lanzhu. Now I know for sure this storyline is different, I want you to join the club now.
May 21, 2022 11:49 PM

Apr 2021
LL raising its bars! This is legit the most beautiful, eye-soothing CGI performance made across all LL franchise, TOKIMEKI Runners. It's brilliant that I did replay it a few times.

May 22, 2022 6:55 AM

Nov 2017
TOKIMEKI Runners! now that's a song, fer sure!~

They really killed that performance and I love how the writers used Yuu in this episode.

A little disappointed Queendom wasn't performed in its entirety. Lanzhu has some internal struggles she still needs to work on. At first she was really head in the clouds wanting to do the whole idol thing on her own. Recently though she's been brooding and said the club was able to convince her. Then when she's walking away she's all like, "Bye bye" :-/

May 22, 2022 11:52 AM

Feb 2017
the audacity for them to not give us another full lanzhu performance, i was hyped for queendom then they cut it off :-(

yeah im ngl i thought the girls were gonna be performing neo sky neo map

lanzhu bye bye-???????? no please????

placeholder text
May 23, 2022 1:38 AM

Oct 2007
Ayu-bun in waitress costume, so cute. Hope she wears that again. :3

also liked the last song they did for the festival.

looks like it's time for some Lanzhu drama next week.
May 23, 2022 12:03 PM
May 2019
Am I the only one that just can’t stand Lanzhu? It’s not that she’s poorly written or anything, it’s just that she’s so full of herself and egotistical, she’s the complete antithesis of the usual idol protagonist. All of her songs’ lyrics seem to just be floating about how amazing she is, it’s so aggravating. I’m glad she realized in the end that teamwork makes the dream work in this subject. If she isn’t immediately gone, maybe she can redeem herself in the rest of the show.

Also, this episode is a shining example of why hand-drawn animation for idol shows is superior. Sure, the CGI still looks great, but the the hand-drawn stuff is just that much better and more natural looking.
May 23, 2022 11:57 PM

Jun 2021
^ no, you're not the only one at all. Even if in the animated series she isn't as much as unsufferable as in SIFAS chapters from 20 to 29, she's still my least favorite overall of the entire franchise. I realize she can't go out for real despite the ending of this episode, but i felt nothing out of her sadness at the moment of greeting the idol club to inform them them she's leaving.

Mia wasn't too good herself also for me in this season, but at least now she has opened up a little before her probable next episode focused on her. About the rest of this one... the boat track was a very nice concept, and it was good to have Yuu perform with the piano the most famous song of these characters set on a different stage. Tokimeki Runners was never a favorite of mine, but i respect it also because last summer i had the luck to meet a Nijigasaki cosplay group perform it at a open air anime convention, and i was hyped beyond expectations, couldn't think there were already people in my country that brought at a con these exact characters that soon.
May 24, 2022 7:57 AM

Oct 2008
JIKAI: "The Sky I Can't Reach" .... w0w that VA of Lanzhu has great english pronunciation huh...
btw...nice performance by the gals...
5/5.

May 26, 2022 3:56 AM
Jul 2021
Nijigasaki season 2 keep hitting us with nostalgic flashbacks, man. I really never expected that we would see Tokimeki Runners in this episode.

I really love this season 2.
May 26, 2022 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
Even though Yuu taken the different path, they still did their performance together in their own way!
Jul 7, 2022 2:51 PM

Feb 2021
@Britannian13 Oh if you played SIFAS, you would absolutely hate her, but her character growth in the game is pretty damn good, but it was not without its controversy, mostly backlash from Chinese fans, so they toned her way down so to say this season to not let that happen again, anime Lanzhu and game Lanzhu are almost different characters honestly, with how far her ego goes that is
Aug 22, 2022 4:01 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Tokimeki runners like this is just amazing! I listened to it so much and to finally see it animated like this is such a treat! Also having it Yuu's song for them makes it extra special.
Apr 24, 2023 6:39 AM

Sep 2016
Aww, that's performance both from Yu and the girls at the end was heartwarming. I love how you can see Yu's fingers shaking from nervousness before she start playing.
Jun 8, 2023 3:00 AM

Oct 2021
All of the anime was building up to this performance for me. It was so good. I wished they performed the entire Tokimeki Runners song.

It's pretty unbelievable that Yuu managed to finish writing the song in the last minute and somehow everyone was able to perform it perfectly. Still, in a show where people can alter their environment during a song, this is nothing.

It felt like Lanzhu's defeat was so forced though. She just went from "I'm the best and better than all of you" to "Yeah you're all better and I can never compete, so goodbye".
SaltyCookieJun 8, 2023 3:05 AM
Jul 29, 2023 8:31 PM
Feb 2016
Me encanta este anime.

Aug 23, 2023 9:10 AM

Dec 2012
That performance took me back to the feels that came with last season's finale. Having Yu play the accompaniment live was a really special touch as she got to perform alongside her friends and found a way to belong to the school idol club while taking a new step in her dream.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jun 25, 2022

50 by BzTitan »»
Apr 4, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 11, 2022

30 by Deazu »»
Jan 14, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 4, 2022

32 by Deazu »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:24 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 28, 2022

33 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 14, 2022

35 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.