Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 7, 2022 8:06 AM
Jan 2021
Weird question, but is it truly just 18 minutes for this episode? This seems a bit weird for me.
May 7, 2022 9:57 AM
Mar 2022
People really not liking this ep for being "weird"

Bruh
You're watching Date A Live. This whole SHOW is weird
May 7, 2022 10:30 AM

May 2015
NOOOO!!!! RIP MISTY!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 7, 2022 10:36 AM

Jun 2015
I think was a really fun mid season episode the way it parodied Grimm fairy tails with a kick ass Shido from the manga they had wrote. Just as well they made him an awesome strong character else things of might of went badly in this alternative universe, which they had been trapped in! It was fun. But I'm missing my fav character Kurumi this season!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 7, 2022 10:37 AM
Apr 2021
Now this episode felt more like the Date A Live I used to know😌
May 7, 2022 10:40 AM
Nov 2019
Hakaishin99 said:
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
Was a wasteful episode… in keeping it to the light novel…
I guess we will never get to know who phantom is.. in the anime unless you’ve read the light novel

And we will never get to know who the spirit of origin is

Unless you’ve read the light novel…

It should of been a OVA more than episode 5 :/

Nah it was not a filler episode, so it deserved to be episode 5. Anyway it's good we don't see who Phantom or the Spirit of Origin are in this season, otherwise it would mean the anime would have had a really rushed adaptation... and no thanks, better save it for another season instead

Yeah but what happens if no other studio adapts the rest of the light novel hmmm

How are you certain for sure we will get a season 5 ?

I doubt we will…. It’s taken nearly 9 years for 4 seasons to come out…

You never know

I hope what you say is true… but
May 7, 2022 10:45 AM
Jan 2017
How is it possible that a single episode of Date A Live that indulges in fairy tales manages to be more fun than the entire run of Once Upon a Time?

Anyway, this episode was heavy on comedy and light on character development, but at least it's nice to see Shido renew his resolve to save Mukuro because, let's face it, Mukuro sealed away her emotions as a form to run away from her problems instead of facing them and that is a horrible way to live. We need to accept ourselves as individuals, no matter how painful that path might be, instead of trying to avert the pain, lest we won't really be able to truly live.

Date A Live is the gift that keeps on giving, hilarious comedy and poignant character development included, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
May 7, 2022 11:04 AM

Jan 2019
Hashiriya_weeb87 said:
Hakaishin99 said:

Nah it was not a filler episode, so it deserved to be episode 5. Anyway it's good we don't see who Phantom or the Spirit of Origin are in this season, otherwise it would mean the anime would have had a really rushed adaptation... and no thanks, better save it for another season instead

Yeah but what happens if no other studio adapts the rest of the light novel hmmm

How are you certain for sure we will get a season 5 ?

I doubt we will…. It’s taken nearly 9 years for 4 seasons to come out…

You never know

I hope what you say is true… but

I'm not 100% sure, but we had 4 seasons, why not a fifth? The show is pretty popular now so let's hope. Anyway I would prefer a good adaptation than rushing the anime to the end.
We got season 2 just after season 1 if I recall correctly, then we waited for season 3, but season 4 isn't too distant from the third, so let's hope to have it in a year or two
May 7, 2022 11:24 AM
Dec 2021
older natsume so sexy
May 7, 2022 11:44 AM

May 2021
You see, this is why we need isekai mangas with OP protagonists. They could come in so handy. Sure, originality maybe lost but at least lives are saved.

On another note, RIP Misty.

May 7, 2022 9:45 PM

Nov 2009
So... the bad guy send them into some sort of Fairy Tale land?... here I thought he send them to the other side of the world...

But... apparently they not only becomes the Fairy Tale characters, they also somehow gain certain powers?

(tho there's are some "originals" characters)

What I am wondering is... why send everyone to a weird Fairyland? Instead of separating them into different places and then steal their powers one-by-one...

___ ___ ___

Also... I did not know there's actual Voodoo power...

(Figures are still useless tho, it doesn't really do anything besides getting their head blown off while the Voodoo doll does something)

___ ___ ___

Natsumi is pretty when in cinderella form tho

And LOL @ Origami as the "naked king", she's been going around flashing at everyone, even the NPCs of the Fairyland world are cringing.
(tho, I think it's somewhat censored, cause judging by the NPC's, Shido and Spirit's reactions, Origami should be walking down the stairs with the cape on her back and revealing the front)
(if Origami was walking down with the cape covered, no one would have known she was naked til she flashed)

Man... Manga Shido is way better than our weakass MC... I want this Fantasy Chad Shido as our main MC instead, please replace him. Leave the original in this Fairyland, he's useless most of the time.

Chad Shido even knows the way to understand how spirits feels. If we had Chad Shido, they could probably seal all the spirits with ease.

___ ___ ___

BTW... they never showed how Fraxinus crew and the base are still there when they flew up and into space.

Did DEM stopped bombarding them and leave? cause I don't see any DEM ships around the base.
amlgMay 7, 2022 9:49 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 8, 2022 2:21 AM

Jan 2019
amlg said:
So... the bad guy send them into some sort of Fairy Tale land?... here I thought he send them to the other side of the world...

But... apparently they not only becomes the Fairy Tale characters, they also somehow gain certain powers?

(tho there's are some "originals" characters)

What I am wondering is... why send everyone to a weird Fairyland? Instead of separating them into different places and then steal their powers one-by-one...

It's not just a Fairy Tale Land, it's a world where every fictional story is real and exist there, they just happened to be mostly faity tale themed(actually Nia was a character from her own manga). In the novel Nia also suggested there could be omnipotent characters too.
Hakaishin99May 8, 2022 2:41 AM
May 8, 2022 12:14 PM

Mar 2014
I'm not sure what the hell is this but this ep is pointless
May 8, 2022 9:58 PM

Feb 2020
This episode gave me serious UBW Shirou Emiya vibes, he even said the line...

Bro they knew what they were doing with those poses...

And all that talk about ideals, hypocrisy, and Shido literally talking to a cooler version of himself...

He's going the Hero of Justice route, tell me I'm wrong
theUberSoldierMay 8, 2022 10:11 PM
💎🙌 NOT a Financial Advisor, NOT an Anime Expertise 💎🙌
May 10, 2022 9:01 PM
Sep 2019
Dude I try to like this anime because i loved it like 3 years ago… but I realized how dumb this anime rlly is. I thought the jokes were good but they just got so invested in the plot lately and the plot is trying to be deep but it really isn’t. Am I the only person who thinks that were just given info that sounds like it makes no sense but we just have to accept it to proceed with the plot? Also is it just me or is adapting 4 volumes in a 12 ep anime not normal…
May 10, 2022 9:30 PM

Jan 2016
Well that was weird, way more than usual lol
THANKS SENPIEX
May 11, 2022 4:54 AM
Jul 2021
HelpIAddicted said:
Dude I try to like this anime because i loved it like 3 years ago… but I realized how dumb this anime rlly is. I thought the jokes were good but they just got so invested in the plot lately and the plot is trying to be deep but it really isn’t. Am I the only person who thinks that were just given info that sounds like it makes no sense but we just have to accept it to proceed with the plot? Also is it just me or is adapting 4 volumes in a 12 ep anime not normal…
It's all just foreshadowing from the beginning. They will elaborate on the plot later. I'd say we're getting close to peak dal. Season 1 adapts volumes 1-4, season 2 adapts volumes 5-7, while season 3 adapts volumes 8-12. (the worst one because they adapted 5 volumes in 12 episodes). So, if they adapt four volumes this season, it will be like season 1, which is the finest, providing they do not leave out vital features and material like they did in season 3.
May 20, 2022 1:46 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, this was my favorite episode this season. A needed change of pace.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 2022 7:11 AM

Dec 2018
didn't go as poorly as i thought it would from the beginning. it was okay.
May 28, 2022 1:38 PM

Apr 2013
Some cute outfits and Dat Origami. Was nice seeing some of these tales again.

The Shido that the Spirits see huh.... or morelike it was that the Manga mainly featured the parts when he was saving the day, cause he has moments like this. He could use more action like this instead of letting his Spirits do most of the work.
In any casse, Shido needs to become more like this if he wants to keep protecting the spirits. I kinda expected him to take a moment to "self" consult. Hope he took more out of it than just the advice how to approach Mukuro.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
May 30, 2022 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
This was such a fun episode! Seeing the girls as fairy tale characters was great... and then there's Nia with a character from her own manga lol.

Yoshino was adorable as Little Red Riding Hood.

Big Natsumi looked absolutely gorgeous as Cinderella.

Miku also looked incredible as the little mermaid.

Of course Origami was going to get the character who goes naked xD.

Manga Shido coming to save the day and having a talk with the real Shido was nice.

Voodoo girl actually doing voodoo was scary.

Miiiiiiiiiiistyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
Jun 29, 2022 5:09 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Well this is the shittiest episode of the entire franchise, so far.
Jul 21, 2022 1:00 PM

Aug 2018
Well, at least Maria retracted her opinion about figures and toys on the ship..
Nude king Origami.. ;P Also poor Kotori, getting such role.. And also feel for Natsumi.. Natsumi is overall girl for feels, her true form..
That's truth.. You do talk like Kurumi with yourself there, Shido..
Sep 1, 2022 10:05 AM
Sep 2022
just forgot to watch the rest
Sep 18, 2022 12:42 PM
Jan 2022
Ok episode my guys hot and sexy
Sep 21, 2022 7:01 AM

Apr 2014
This part is greatly outstanding. And yes. I really liked..
Dec 7, 2022 8:48 PM
Feb 2016
Can anyone confirm if this was a filler?
Dec 26, 2022 5:15 AM

Dec 2012
Shido wakes up.
Nani? He's a buta?
Dat wolf.
Yoshino.
The wolf got shot.
Nia?
Tohka is a samurai.
Kotori is unconscious. Kaguya and Yuzuru find her.
lol at Kotori waking up.

This is the first episode of IV that I can say Miku's oppai looked good. I can only imagine how bigger and powerful they would look under the old art style in that seashell top. Not sure why Shido flashbacked to what Mukuro said. Ike is the cause of them not being able to use their powers so it didn't matter if they were sealed or not. Manga Shido is literally what I want to see of Shido. That confidence and serious look. Someone who knows how to fight. We've only gotten glimpses of it (For example, in the ending episodes of DAL II when he was with Miku trying to rescue Tohka). We saw in DAL III episode 12 how powerful Shido was using the Spirits powers. We're seeing how great Shido can become, but not from normal Shido. With that said... Hinako can twist me any day. The power of waifu's gave Munechika strength. Manga Shido said SOS. Aside from sweet ARMS being put in a dungeon, we now know why the ED song is called SOS.

RIP Misty.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 7, 2023 5:22 PM

Nov 2010
Natsumi as Cinderella is legit!
Miku, as the mermaid, is sexy!
Origami as the Emperor. Nice clothes. hehe
I wish I could also converse with another me. I wonder how it's gonna end. Most likely with both of us killing each other. lol
Jan 25, 2023 11:25 PM

Sep 2017
Lol when she twisted the Voodoo Doll and it actually worked xD
I was like : " ight I'm out not gana mess with her"
(if I was one of the bad guys I would have said that)
Feb 5, 2023 2:59 AM

Apr 2013
That was an entirely awful episode. From the the weird wonderland adventure to some weeb defeating a soldier with the power of rage and that woman using voodoo on the other one. What?
Jul 14, 2023 10:04 PM
Oct 2020
The only good thing I can say about that episode is that it's over. Let's move on, shall we?
Nov 1, 2023 6:24 PM

Feb 2020
more femboy content hoho

And fucking hero version coming out to save the day man what a pay off for creating a manga about yourself...
I was thinking he would rizz all over the spirits though that didn't happen unfortunately haha

Nov 30, 2023 8:06 PM
Nov 2023
Oh wow, many mixes of fictional and scifi
Mar 30, 11:04 AM

Sep 2013
Tohka looks so cute as Momotaro. It's quite a fitting character for her as she loves food so much and fights off evil! ^^
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

54 by BertBert »»
Jun 10, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2022

66 by BertBert »»
Jun 10, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

68 by demonsword101 »»
Jun 6, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

158 by AkashiKyojuro »»
May 31, 6:51 AM

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.