Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2022 9:52 AM

May 2015
Origami had the best drawing. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 16, 2022 1:36 PM

Jun 2017
FrozenRaider said:
Origami had the best drawing. ;)

She knows what he masses want. lol
Apr 16, 2022 2:03 PM
Aug 2015
Kurumi‘s part is intriguing!
Apr 16, 2022 4:00 PM

Nov 2009
"Hey Shido, why does Nia only like 2D?"

She should ask "why does ppls like 2D" to everyone here too... LOL

___ ___ ___

Also, Kurumi still looking hawt as ever... STEP ON ME

And Origami... who knew she would be into that. (also very talented...)

Natsumi's drawing style is pretty much "Bishounen", very fitting since their objective is to "prettify Shido" into making Nia fall for him.

___ ___ ___

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 16, 2022 4:42 PM
Dec 2021
New Studio ruined 4th season of amazing anime, evidently history tends to repeat itself, as it did in 4th season of highschool dxd.

New drawline is trash
Apr 16, 2022 9:59 PM
Sep 2021
Let's start with Nia. For real, Nia is kind of Miku in the past, why did I say she is like of Miku in the past? As Miku in the past, all she likes is girls and doesn't like boys and for Nia, she is into 2D and doesn't like 3D, the thing here is they have a different likes and dislikes but same, so I'm saying here that Shido has the chance to make Nia fall in love with him then, but that's not all. Nia has more stronger love for her likes than Miku is in the past, so well it will really depends on Shido on how he will make her fall in love with her and get sealed.

Second, is this episode. I could really say it is a great episode as the previous ones before and for real, it is getting more and more exciting. I am also looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 16, 2022 10:36 PM

Aug 2020
Literally just here to see more of Miku Izayoi's cameo, I am so happy. Shido's got this, no need to worry about the plot.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 16, 2022 11:08 PM
Jan 2022
Nia Honjou and I are very similar to me who is a fujoshi, likes 2D, ngehalu para husbu, often plays otome games....
Apr 16, 2022 11:51 PM

May 2020
Laplace_kun said:
pouckis said:
LoL this episode was funny. Tbh i would love to see at least one Tooka jealous moment in it.

Natsumi also was so cute, especially in the end!

Tohka will be much less and less jealous with time. The anime kinda ruined her subtle character development.

Best girl! > Kurumi
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Apr 17, 2022 6:38 AM
Jan 2022
Nia's ability is dangerous lol, she can identify anything in a couple seconds, conquering her must be tough indeed, she can't be tricked easily. Nice to see how much drawing skills the girls and Shido have, turned out Natsumi is the best one. Dunno if they are enough to defeat mangaka like Nia, let's see. Also nice to see time-traveller waifu, Kurumi, again.

There might be more action on next episode, let's go!
Apr 17, 2022 10:36 AM

Aug 2015
Original Soundtrack Album for Date A IV Announced https://vgmdb.net/album/119732
GO SAKABE IS A ROUSING SONG
Apr 17, 2022 3:27 PM
Feb 2021
can someone tell me please who is the spirit of origin that kurumi was talking about i don't remember her
Apr 17, 2022 4:39 PM
Nov 2015
Mustafa311090 said:
can someone tell me please who is the spirit of origin that kurumi was talking about i don't remember her

The concept of the "Spirit of Origin" is first introduced in this arc in the source material so you're not supposed to know about it.
Apr 17, 2022 5:33 PM
Aug 2013
TsunderesTheBest said:
Isn't Mukuro an anime original character? How is she relevant in this season? (based on the OP)

And why does Ratatoskr look different?

Underground base since episode 1. Ratatoskr got hit seriously iirc (if the battle against DEM still happened in the current timeline.)
Apr 18, 2022 2:10 AM
Nov 2018
So far so good until now. The animation is much better than S3. I like that all sprits work together. Natsumi take the highlight for the episode. There will be some fights in next episode, so we can see how the quality of the animation will be.
Apr 18, 2022 4:40 AM
Mar 2015
Man, this season is just straight fun.

Anybody knows the manga references? Kaguya's and Yuzuru's concepts in particular look very familiar, even the pose. Pretty sure there's some easter eggs hidden in there somewhere. I get the feeling one of them might be Saint Seiya, the pose looks similar to covert arts.
1nvaderApr 18, 2022 4:53 AM
Apr 18, 2022 9:49 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
One thing I loved a lot since Origami arc was over is that she truly joins the heroines cast (becoming a revelant character in the harem IMO, she kicks ass), stops working for the baddies, and it is so awesome to see her now with the other girls.
I dont think enough people appreciate that fact or recall she was against the spirits and an enemy, during the first 2 seasons, and half of the third season, NO LONGER SO.
Her development on her arc made me like her way more than previously, it was so sad everything was her fault, a tragedy she was the one that shoot the ball of energy that killed her parents and then is inverted from the despair.

Ever since S2 the concept of invertion has been going around, and next episode it is goona be bone chilling, there were a few sentences that deeply made me chill inside, trying to imagine, that horror, and they are going to adapt that... we see teases of it here, there is a good reason she cant open her heart and it is not because of the book alone, and she casually talked about it on episode 1, shit is fucked...

Since they will end her arc next episode, and these episodes have been so light and fluffy, with great adaptation so far, vs S3 and prior, there will be a STARK constrast between ep1-2 and ep3, cant wait to see shit getting real.
I think this arc for Nia and Miku's final one set up the villains so well, making you HATE them TRULY, next episode will have lots of people hating them GOOD.
To this day I still want to punch the smug face of that white haired fucker! Oh no, next episode is definitly gonna get me rilled up. :/

Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
Aluminum_ said:
The otome game was really sus LMAO. The doujin competition is much better idea. I was surprised that Natsumi's really good with drawing. I find Miku's good as well. Yuzuru's looks like 1900s art style. Kaguya's looks like from Jojo. The funniest of all is Shido's, he made himself buffed LOL.

Anw, greatly satisfied for this week seeing Miku longer and hear her speak in this episode. I couldn't ask for more as long there's enough screen time of hers.

Agreed. I think Miku is highly underrated. Her backstory arc from season 2 actually made me tear up.

I think she had a fantastic arc, but she mellows down a lot from there, losing abit of its charm, still being a character I really like in the LN, but I loved her dominant side a lot, so shame it was lost for good. Still, she becoming this docile, from loving Shidou, is very girly and cute, so she definitly still has her appeal, the plus side is that she also loves the other girls since she swings both ways~~

PlaycoolApr 18, 2022 9:53 AM
Apr 22, 2022 8:58 AM

Jan 2013
was this anime always this boring? what happened....
Apr 29, 2022 3:05 AM

May 2018
Watching Date A Live again is so nostalgic to me and I just love everything about it! Nia is causing more problems than needed with her 'I love 2D only' BUT when they figured her backstory with Raziel, it would be pretty understandable that she would have trust issues with people.

Seeing all the girls together working hard is so cute and brings me way too much nostalgia that I am not ready for!

Also what is Kurumi thinking?
Apr 29, 2022 3:46 AM
Aug 2021
This show being a slice of life? Decent episode though
May 29, 2022 4:46 AM
May 2020
damn, the toils of a mangaka is a hard one indeed
May 31, 2022 7:18 AM

Apr 2011
Nia is one tough spirit to capture.
Jul 21, 2022 10:37 AM

Aug 2018
Do I like 2D?.. Yes, I do.. Seiyu too.. ;D Alright, understandable.. ;P Based, I'd say.. Even if I don't love them personally, only maybe can like a lot, but I can see it..
Don't rush with kiss, there's no hurry, bruh.. ;P
I'd be impressed with such design as well, Nia.. But it was made specially for you, probably.. Or even voiced in real time.. Yeah..
Yamai sisters competed in manga drawing as well?.. Nice thing to compete in.. ;P
Hm.. Kurumi wants to kill the very first spirit?.. Or prevent her from dying?.. Or something.. Well, we'll know with time.. ;P
Miku drew quite well, though.. ;P
Hm.. Interesting to see that Yuzuru is drawing in shoujo manga style.. And Kaguya is more in shounen style, or something.. Not sure, how to call Kaguya's style, but it is more boyish and energetic..
lol at Origami's drawing.. ;P Nice one.. ;P
Poor Natsumi still is suffering from bad mood.. And her hair is disheveled, probably not being able to take care of herself.. I hope she won't kill herself..
By the way.. 15:00.. Is there Miku wearing only sweater?.. And no pants?.. She wears stocking, on the other hand.. But it makes it even more lewd.. Nice.. ;P
I like this season so far.. Lots of otaku culture, and jokes on that, interesting things like feelings about it.. Nia is also interesting as a person.. Date A Live I initially liked the most for the meta choices of VN implemented in anime, among other things.. It's fun.. Origami is nice.. Girls are wonderful in their own.. So all of this, and more - a quite enjoyable season so far.. Every episode is just so much joy to watch.. ;P
Aug 10, 2022 7:18 PM
Nov 2015
es muy lindo el trabajo en equipo
Sep 18, 2022 11:25 AM
Jan 2022
Another great ecchi and manga works episode m,
Dec 24, 2022 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
Tokiya in the flesh?
Dat kiss?
Nope.
Dat kick.
Dat delivery.
My Little SEED. LMAO at Cero B.
2/29 birthday?
She found out.
Dat challenge.
Kurumi appears.

Tokiya is on the incest is wincest squad. A man of culture. Nia's birthday is only during the leap year. No wonder she looks young. The Miku disrespect shall not be tolerated. Her drawing was great. Still can't believe they made the narrator do episode previews.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 7, 2023 3:03 PM

Nov 2010
I swear VN games will see a massive revival if they can make something that advanced in the future.
I like the part when they were comparing drawings. I'm glad to see others who don't have an artistic sense like me. lol
That's an interesting way to make a spirit fall for Shidou. I'm glad it wasn't as easy as the previous other spirits.
Feb 3, 2023 3:29 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like the cosplaying did not work as expected, was close though. Now they're drawing a manga, huh... this show certainly has no fixed direction.
Feb 4, 2023 8:20 AM
Jul 2020
Instead of thinking on their manga, I'm more concerned with what Kurumi is attempting.....
Jul 11, 2023 10:16 PM
Oct 2020
OK, seems like we're back on track now. Kurumi's back and plotting something significant. Date A Live is looking more like a dating game, which is on point. Many amusing scenes between the failed wooing of Nia and the manga drawing for the convention. But I think my fav line was from the man with a hundred Waifus: "Tsk, tsk, tsk. I fancy voice actresses, too, Commander". 

I have never scrolled thru voice actress pages after watching an anime. Nope, not once. Yet. Not today, at least. :)
Nov 30, 2023 12:23 PM
Nov 2023
resumindo achei bem interessante
Nov 30, 2023 8:05 PM

Nov 2023
WEll that was a funny episode lol!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

158 by AkashiKyojuro »»
12 hours ago

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

52 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 28, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.