Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2022 2:22 AM
Aug 2020
I'm trying to gauge wether or not the upcoming Urusei Yatsura anime (which has a manga of similar length to Tsubasa and is also being adapted by David Pro) will cover the entire manga it's based on or not.

If anyone's finished this adaptation of Tsubasa and has read the manga, did the anime manage to cover all 37 volumes in only 52 episodes?
Apr 6, 2022 6:43 AM

Oct 2019
No. It does not. Captain Tsubasa has multiple entries and none of them have really covered the whole manga.
They have always skipped good chunks in order to get to a good stopping point.
This one was no different.
However, among all Captain Tsubasa adaptations, this one is the most faithful of them all.
In the amount of chapters it adapted, it’s basically following the manga almost page by page.
They just covered the events of the Nankatsu team while Tsubasa is a kid all the way up to the final match against Kojiro (Pretty much the beginning or the Prologue of the story)
And it finished with the prelude of the squad selected for the Japan Youth (France World Cup, one of the firsts major Arcs in the manga)
If you want, you can check it, or check the 2002’s adaptation that did covered the tournament (Super fast and briefly but whatever) or just go to the manga. The same would apply for the events of Aoi Shingo or Tsubasa playing in Spain (Later Arcs when the manga takes itself a little bit more seriously. None of those Arcs are even shown in this last adaptation)
In conclusion.
This last adaptation does not cover the whole manga. Not even scratched the surface.
I hope that these answers your questions.
RandomGuyScottApr 6, 2022 6:47 AM
Apr 7, 2022 3:35 AM
Aug 2020
RandomGuyScott said:

In conclusion.
This last adaptation does not cover the whole manga. Not even scratched the surface.

Thanks for answering my question. I might check this series out. Hope it gets a sequel eventually.
Apr 8, 2022 8:02 PM
May 2020
RandomGuyScott said:
No. It does not. Captain Tsubasa has multiple entries and none of them have really covered the whole manga.
However, among all Captain Tsubasa adaptations, this one is the most faithful of them all.
In the amount of chapters it adapted, it’s basically following the manga almost page by page.
They just covered the events of the Nankatsu team while Tsubasa is a kid all the way up to the final match against Kojiro (Pretty much the beginning or the Prologue of the story)
And it finished with the prelude of the squad selected for the Japan Youth (France World Cup, one of the firsts major Arcs in the manga)
If you want, you can check it, or check the 2002’s adaptation that did covered the tournament (Super fast and briefly but whatever) or just go to the manga. The same would apply for the events of Aoi Shingo or Tsubasa playing in Spain (Later Arcs when the manga takes itself a little bit more seriously. None of those Arcs are even shown in this last adaptation)
In conclusion.

so from where should I start reading the manga after watching the anime 😕😕😕??
May 10, 2022 7:28 PM

Jan 2016
Shahriah said:
RandomGuyScott said:
In conclusion.

so from where should I start reading the manga after watching the anime 😕😕😕??

Continue in 85 of the original manga

Jun 27, 2022 11:24 AM
Jan 2020
It's only two third of its first manga while there are more mangas of this franchise

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.