Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2021 1:21 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Harassing the college student at her drive-thru job, a school play, and a fight between Misae and Hiroshi this time. You know, it may be due to my advancing age, and I know he's a 5 year old whose major defining trait is he's a handful, but I've noticed there are certain segments where Shin really comes across as an obnoxious little asshole, and that first segment is one for sure. If you're a fan of The Simpsons there was a term back in the middle decade of that show's run called "Jerkass Homer" where they made him look and come across as particularly unlikable. I like to think of these segments as "Jerkass Shin-chan" segments. I think I'm more tolerant when he's dealing with his parents or at school, but that poor college girl did nothing to deserve that torment. I guess she could have tried to handle the situation better, but still. She and those bookstore clerks should try and get revenge. But, well, I'm definitely overthinking it.

I'd never heard of the folktale being reenacted in the school play segment, but it reminded me a bit of that one where the dude drops something in a lake. When a mythical creature finds a gold and silver version of the thing and asks if they're what he dropped he tells the truth and is rewarded by being given the original thing and the gold and silver versions too. The bigger vs smaller prize of this story felt like a similar kind of setup. Of course Shin finds a way to goof things up when asked if he wants the bigger or smaller prize. The last segment was probably the one I liked best though, although if I'm not mistaken this is already the second parents fighting segment we've had. I can only assume there will be plenty more throughout the show's run.

Boy...really wasn't expecting to write that much, but there it is. XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 1233 Discussion

BlichoBoy - May 18

3 by SakuraLily1044 »»
May 30, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 7 Discussion

Dunther - Oct 21, 2008

3 by InfinityDude88 »»
May 28, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 6 Discussion

Dunther - Oct 16, 2008

3 by InfinityDude88 »»
May 25, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 4 Discussion

Dunther - Oct 15, 2008

8 by InfinityDude88 »»
May 22, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Crayon Shin-chan Episode 2 Discussion

Dunther - Oct 15, 2008

6 by PSX_Aloe »»
May 6, 5:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.