Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 27, 2020 11:09 PM

Nov 2018
I'm already tired of this ''character is wearing glasses so he looks completely different now'' thing.
Are they seriously blind or what?

Nice CGI , but it doesn't make this standart 1st episode better. Same speeches , same scenario about disbanding the club , dreams , etc.
I hate everyone equally
Apr 21, 2021 3:24 AM

Feb 2020
Nothing can ever beat the original Love Live and Muse. That group is so iconic and legendary, but I have to say the first episode of Niji was much better than I expected and it really tries to be a little different than Sunshine which was too similar with SIP.

Everything here felt somehow different in a good way, especially the overall atmosphere which I can't fully explain. The characters were very likeable, especially Ayumu. She's so adorable. <3

I absolutely loved her solo performance. The ED was also great. I had to put both of those songs to my playlist.

The CGI also looked better but to be honest, it wasn't never an issue to me even with the first Love Live. I don't easily complain about it unlike the others.

Overall, it was an excellent and very promising start. *thumbs up*

SerafosNov 19, 2023 2:44 AM
May 4, 2021 8:27 PM
Nov 2018
it's awesome having anata being an actual character compared to SIFAS! i'm loving yu already. episode 1 alone has some killer songs that have me hooked instantly compared to SIP and sunshine.
May 28, 2021 12:51 AM

May 2016
It's been over a year since I've gotten to know the girls of the Nijigasaki School Idol Club courtesy of the game this was based on so I figured that it was about time I get to watch the anime. I'm only one episode in so far yet I was so tempted to just give the whole series a 10/10 already because it blew my expectations out of the water~

It's awesome that they decided to keep Yuu in the story and even made her into an actual character. I can actually to Yuu a lot. While her daily life's fairly enjoyable, it always felt like something was missing and that one thing just decided to come into her life by chance when she had least expected it.

While I liked the songs that were featured here when I first listened to them in-game, I never felt so much emotion while listening to them as much as I did here. The moment Setsuna shouted with all her might, chills went over my whole body even though it was a scorching day over here and learning about the context behind Ayumu's song to Yuu really made me appreciate it even more.

Jun 14, 2021 9:40 AM

Jun 2021
I was so hyped when the day of the first episode of Nijigasaki finally arrived, because it was the first time i could begin a series of the franchise while it was current. And it didn't disappoint... Chase performance was powerful because of both Tomori's voice and the visuals around Yuu Takasaki. Ayumu wasn't my favorite character yet but was presented in such a sweet fashion. Even if i don't like her song presented here too much, episode 12 will fix this... for the absolute best.

(almost forgot to listen to Neo Sky Neo Map today... until now. That ending song is WONDERFUL.)
Jul 5, 2021 8:10 PM

Oct 2014
I'm late for the party.
The artwork is a lot different than the other love live but I actually like it more. The girls face are more pretty. Also they look more unique to one another cuz theyre eye designs, shape and color are beautiully drawn unlike the old Love Live designs. Their body proportion are better too. The girls thighs looks so soft to touch. Its an upgrade in visual thats for sure.

The Live animation is godlike, inpar with Zombieland Saga.

I hope Love Live continues in this direction. Better visuals means better idol experience.
Oct 10, 2021 11:21 PM

Aug 2017
Not as good as original Love Live or Superstar. I don't like the main girl or her voice much.

Lower production value than original Love Live or Superstar.
Dec 7, 2021 7:17 AM

Nov 2017
Guess the Love Live mania in me hasn't stopped 'cause now I'm re-watching this!~

&++ Golly, has it been a year already since this first aired? Time sure flies by, doesn't it?
Jun 10, 2022 10:14 AM

Dec 2017
My brother in christ. What these girls are attending is not a school, it's a fkn shopping mall, a huge one. Should be titled Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen mall Idol Doukoukai.
Oct 22, 2022 9:04 PM
May 2019
loved it can't get enough of it
May 20, 2023 4:07 AM

Oct 2021
Started watching this cause I came across the Lanzhu Zhong and Tokimeki Runners song on Osu. First episode is amazing.

What the heck kind of school is this? It looks like some of the futuristic universities that have popped up recently, but on an even bigger scale. If my school was like that, I'd always attend.

The deadpan pink-haired girl really reminds me of myself. Feels like there's gonna be so many 'best girl' characters here. Rn I like Yuu Takasaki but it seems like she's not gonna be an idol but only cheer them on?

I've never seen any Love Live shows, but this reminds me of the traditional western musicals of the past where characters would suddenly burst into song.

The characters here are special in the way they can control their environment to their will lol.

SaltyCookieMay 20, 2023 4:11 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

66 by Sommernacht »»
May 12, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.