Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2019 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tsubasa vs Hyuuga again. In terms of physical strength, I'm pretty sure Hyuuga has the advantage.

This arc/match is coming to a close soon but this episode once again captured the magic of a rivalry imo. Tsubasa/Hyuuga's rivalry has been prominently featured in recent episodes so to come to this point really is quite a journey.

It's like a war this match.
Mar 25, 2019 10:07 AM

Nov 2007
Tsubasa decides to fight alone, which means no drive shoot (he says he still relies on his coach in Brazil)? That's too big of a determination.

Attacking alone, and feeling limit.

His first friend can feel he's fighting alone, too.

Tsubasa being blocked, and Ishizaki guy (and his teammates) made him realize he's not alone.

Drive shoot to change (Miracle Drive shoot). NamiDai's character realizing his foot direction is different.

Then he fell among everyone.

Everyone trying best to defend., while Hyuga guy waits for Tsubasa. The coach decided not let him. Manager shed tear to ask the coach to let Tsubasa.

Hyuga guy gave the ball to Tsubasa, who gave the ball back to Hyuga guy. He pushed Tsubasa, who tries to stand up again. Hyuga guy's team all went to Tsubasa. Everyone trying their best, even Wakashimazu guy, who is hurt. Ends.

Tsubasa is being honest to everyone that he's at limit, but he wants to continue.

Tsubasa goes to defense, like when he first transferred to his elementary school. Hyuge guy's shot blocked by Tsubasa, who fell immediately, then the defense members. Tsubasa's team failed to goal. Goalie woke Tsubasa up saying ball is friend.

Goalie blocked once, and Kouhai guy wanting to shoot, but blocked by Tsubasa again.

Manager girl in despair and Hyuga guy asking why Tsubasa does not give up, which harder for him to win.

Final game finishing up, and one more ep. ED probably the group arrange ver. next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 26, 2019 6:45 AM
Jun 2015
We're getting to the end... T_T (I'm not crying, YOU'RE CRYING!)

And to be honest, it's been quite the trip down memory lane.

I'm repeating myself, I know, but I'm glad they're keeping the important scenes notwithstanding the much quicker pace. Especially important in this episode was the final scene with Hyuga in despair wondering why he can't ever beat Tsubasa no matter how hard he tries.

I feel his pain because, he's at the top of his form, fresh and very well rested as it's his first match of the tourney, he has a killer shot and has gone well beyond his comfort zone, discarding even his ever-important pride in order to be placed in a position in which he could beat his biggest rival.

Yet, in spite of all of that, and with Tsubasa at not even 50% of his usual (at the start of the match, now he's literally running on the fumes of the fumes of whatever little gas he had to begin with!) and Nankatsu is somehow winning this game.

I remember on my very first watch of this anime (the 80s version) that even though Hyuga was supposed to be the big bad of the series, one could not help but to feel sympathy for him and even though I was (and still am) a huge Tsubasa and Nankatsu supporter, I somehow hoped that there would be a way for Hyuga to win too.

Anyway, it's a testament to how well this new rendition has been done that it's making me feel the exact same feels I got back then. And I cannot gush enough about the seiyuus, they're doing a fantastic job!

PS: Is it just me or the scene where Morisaki reminds Tsubasa that the ball is their best friend he looks A LOT like Wakabayashi.
sanaeozoraMar 26, 2019 6:54 AM
Mar 26, 2019 9:10 AM
Dec 2018
No, next week last episode!

I must admit that Tsubasa vs Hyuga is the most exciting of the show, because they're opposites: red vs blue aka strenght vs genius.

Even if I must admit that I never considered Hyuga a bad charas, even when I was only a little girl.

I know that he must strong on the field to protect and help his family, but out of the field he is humble and respectful.

I can assure you that many football fans and soccer players (I know several of them) still remember the phrase 'The ball is my friend', I wonder why!?
Mar 26, 2019 9:36 AM
Jun 2015
Sanae28 said:

I must admit that Tsubasa vs Hyuga is the most exciting of the show, because they're opposites: red vs blue aka strenght vs genius.

Even if I must admit that I never considered Hyuga a bad charas, even when I was only a little girl.

I know that he must strong on the field to protect and help his family, but out of the field he is humble and respectful.

I can assure you that many football fans and soccer players (I know several of them) still remember the phrase 'The ball is my friend', I wonder why!?

Yes, I know, hence the "supposed to be". He could be rough and a little bit of a jerk sometimes but all CT fans in the world will agree that he had a heart the size of a football pitch.

A bit like Wakabayashi, which is probably the reason why they couldn't stand each other: they were way too similar!
Mar 26, 2019 9:48 AM
Dec 2018
sanaeozora said:
Sanae28 said:

Yes, I know, hence the "supposed to be". He could be rough and a little bit of a jerk sometimes but all CT fans in the world will agree that he had a heart the size of a football pitch.

A bit like Wakabayashi, which is probably the reason why they couldn't stand each other: they were way too similar!

Yes and they're the only three charas of 'CT' with a sensem in fact:

- Roberto = Tsubasa's sensei
- Mikami = Genzo's sensei
- Kira = Kojiro's sensei

Tsubasa, Genzo and Kojiro are the pillars of 'Captain Tsubasa'.
Mar 26, 2019 9:50 AM
Jun 2015
Good observation! And yes, that totally makes sense.
Apr 1, 2019 12:36 PM

Mar 2014
Finally I was able to watch it TTvTT damn it Crunchyroll, you got almost everything except this show and the CN spanish dub version is at the episode 40 so far

Pretty intense... and is not over yet!! Just let him "rest" in peace the poor Tsubasa xD

When the announcer reminded us about "if both tie, then both teams are considered the tournament champion", I was expecting Toho scoring first before the "Miracle Drive Shoot" part but looks that the game gonna end with a victory for Nankatsu or with a -hopefully not anticlimactic- tie (poor Hyuga, being the Vegueta/Kai from the series always means suffering).
Apr 3, 2019 8:16 AM

Dec 2015
Anyone know where I can find this with english subs?
Apr 4, 2019 8:10 AM

Oct 2015
Nr755 said:
Anyone know where I can find this with english subs?

It's been released just a few hours ago.

---

It was worth waiting 2 weeks for this episode. I appreciate people who sub anime, I just kind of wish they had the time for these last 2 episodes to sub in time. The final 2 episodes... Can't blame them tho.

I definitely haven't seen these last episodes as a child, otherwise I would remember an episode this intense, for sure! They could tone the shounen down just a little bit. I love hyping anime heroes, but knowing that there's still an episode left, and Tsubasa has already collapsed god knows how many times, we are in for some more beating for Tsubasa, I guess? I love it anyways.
That bouncy driving shot was pretty awesome. He doesn't want to depend on Roberto that much, so he changes his driving shot up a little bit, which is a pretty cool move imo.

Tsubasa broke his promise for the doc. I wouldn't expect that from an anime like this, but whatever, the show must go on.

Looking forward to the subs of the last episode, and hopefully we'll get another season, or something.
Apr 11, 2019 10:59 AM

Jul 2016
He's the protagonist, Hyuuga. Sadly, that's the reason why you can't surpass him.

I actually didn't like this episode. Tsubasa being always on the ground is almost pathetic to see. And not to mention that every pause the episode takes to focus on him collapsing again and again makes the match progression very uninteresting to follow.

Well, one more episode to go. Let's see how this so expected match will conclude although I have an idea of the possible outcome.
Jan 5, 2021 5:48 PM

Dec 2007
this anime is worth only the frustrated hyoga, tsubasa is truly troll right now.

and the all thing with sanaae is so flat, i can't stand it ><
Oct 29, 2022 5:28 PM

Aug 2019
Tsubasa passed out again, and it’s back again in the field seconds later.

And proceeds to keep passing out 

Gotta love our strong willing MC 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.