Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hyuga on the attack this episode and he's not holding back! Seems we got some drama on the field when he bumped into one of the opposite team members. I almost thought a real fight would break out. Rather, a card is thrown.

I think players should really be careful since they are responsible of their own actions. Pretty good match though. With a tied score of 3-3, both sides played their best.
Mar 18, 2019 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
Hyuga guy went all out solo so that he can get the point and win. He bumped to the defense guy. Yellow card...

That warning woke Hyuga guy from being hot. His team reminds him they are with him.

The two offense from Tsubasa team realized Wakashimazu guy's injury.

The goalie got tiger shot. Tsubasa feeling weird on his injuries, already in limit? But he doesn't give up. Hyuga guy's tiger shot blocked Tsubasa's drive shoot.

Hyuga guy's team stole the ball and gave Hyuga guy the chance to shoot. Tsubasa went to block, but he fainted, but Ishizaki guy got his chance to block it without Hyuga guy realizing.

Kouhai guy gave the ball to Wakashimazu guy since people are blocking Hyuga guy.

Everyone's trying their best, but Tsubasa is already in limit and cannot move. The doctor called for changing player. Tsubasa thinking back, and Hyuga guy shot him to wake him up.

Tsubasa vs. Hyuga guy again. The ball stopped by both of them got it the same time but Tsubasa didn't fall to kick again. Wakashimazu guy used only left hand to block it. Tsubasa's drive shoot blocked with Hyuga guy's tiger shot and went for Tsubasa team's goal, then Tsubasa's again to be come rainbow. Hyuga guy and Wakashimazu guy blocked together.

Extension time. His doctor didn't led Tsubasa go, but everyone asked for continuation. Continues next time.

ED w. Tsubasa & Hyuga guy ver.
tsubasaloverMar 18, 2019 10:10 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2019 11:38 PM

Dec 2015
Nice "corpse" moment for Tsubasa. I had forgotten that Hyûga was going to turn him ON again with a Tiger Shot in the guts. Was it also in the 1st show?

5/5 As always, Ishizaki used his head. (stone & gold XD)

Will they reach a 4-4 in the additional time or will it stay a 3-3? It slipped off my mind. ^^"
Mar 19, 2019 2:31 AM
Feb 2019
I don't understand... Why did Hyuga shoot the ball towards Tsubasa instead of the goal ? What is the need to wake Tsubasa up ? That just doesn't make sense to me.
rickakiMar 19, 2019 2:51 AM
Mar 19, 2019 3:10 AM

Sep 2013
what an episode,this match is definitely more epic than i remembered it to be,still hoping they adapt the next arc in a new season tho.
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 19, 2019 4:13 AM

Apr 2017
Rei366 said:
Nice "corpse" moment for Tsubasa. I had forgotten that Hyûga was going to turn him ON again with a Tiger Shot in the guts. Was it also in the 1st show?

5/5 As always, Ishizaki used his head. (stone & gold XD)

Will they reach a 4-4 in the additional time or will it stay a 3-3? It slipped off my mind. ^^"

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Dec 2, 2022 7:35 AM
Mar 19, 2019 6:18 AM
Oct 2018
Hyuga : I wont pity Tsubasa anymore!

Also Hyuga: Shoots the ball towards Tsuba instead of goal
Mar 19, 2019 6:21 AM
Dec 2018
rickaki said:
I don't understand... Why did Hyuga shoot the ball towards Tsubasa instead of the goal ? What is the need to wake Tsubasa up ? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Hyuga acted in that way to make react Tsubasa, because Kojiro wants to fight against Tsubasa.

A match without Tsubasa wouldn't make sense for Kojiro.
Mar 19, 2019 6:53 AM
Dec 2018
This match is always more thrilling and the part od drive shot vs tiger shot aka Tsubasa vs Kojiro is really amazing!

It's true the ball is your friend Tsubasa-kun.

Damn Tsubasa-kun, you made cry Sanae ... even Kumi understood ... do your best for her!

Sanae28Mar 19, 2019 7:38 AM
Mar 19, 2019 9:31 AM

Oct 2015
Epic shots, but weird scenes.

When I thought Tsubasa's "counter-drive-shot" was epic, Tsubasa counter's the shot that's been countered by Hyuga. Shiny, rainbow-like ultimate shot. That definitely would have drilled itself into the wall again, even more than last time.

Wakashimazu got sick abs cuz he doesn't have a gaping hole in his stomach, and Ishizaki not only still has his head, but doesn't seem to have suffered any brain injuries.

Hyuga shooting at Tsubasa seems stupid. Probably there isn't really a rule that forbids kicking the ball into someone full power (I don't know that much about football), but it would definitely raise some eyebrows when someone could score a goal, but instead decides to make a 90° turn just to kick the ball full power into the already extremely injured guy. That scene just seems.. meh.

Tsubasa's corpse-like look definitely looks horrifying. Somehow it creeps me out, and it's just such a miserable look. I'm not saying it's a completely bad thing, but I seriously, completely hate looking at it.
Kind of reminds me of Dragon Ball Super/Resurrection of F, when Gohan was trying to go SSJ, but failed, and had a very similar look. I hated that look too.
Tsubasa's corpse scene also looks a bit out of place, because he looks dead, then in the next second he's like "I got this, im completely fine".

Anyone can tell me if there are any differences between this, and the original story? I know the outcome of the original, and we are yet to see the outcome of this one, but I just want to know, if there are any differences already. Just curious.

I hope we are going to get another season of Captain Tsubasa. The rest of the series seem to consist of many recaps, or half-assed arcs, judging by reviews and descriptions.
Mar 19, 2019 10:01 AM
Dec 2018
Slim_Lamie said:

Anyone can tell me if there are any differences between this, and the original story?

Personally I find this new series well done, but soft respect to the 'OG'.

The Tsubasa and Sanae's scene is a bit different in the 'OG' (in this moment I don't remember that of 'CT 2002') and in the manga.
Mar 19, 2019 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
Amazing episode, those 14 minutes were well paced. I'm surprised that after all this, they are still tied. A real spectacle.

Oncologist said:
Hyuga : I wont pity Tsubasa anymore!

Also Hyuga: Shoots the ball towards Tsuba instead of goal

IKR! I also thought that Hyuga would shot to goal instead "reviving" Tsubasa when his body was unable to move (I mean, Tsubasa can get the tie before the match ends in many ways like hitting stronger the ball when Wakashimazu went to offensive so there is nothing wrong about Hyuga get a score in that moment).
Mar 20, 2019 1:52 AM
Jun 2015
As a longtime fan of the series, I approached this one with trepidation as I feared they would ruin one of my all time favourite manga/anime series. However, I have to say that while the original will forever be in my heart, I need to admit that this one has actually managed to improve it.

It's kept faithful to the manga, even more so than the original which added stuff that had not really happened in the manga (like the entire European Championship of their elementary school years), and of course, we have the current 21st century animation and a much faster pacing, which also helps.

That said, I would really like to encourage people to watch the orginal series (and read the manga) if they have the time. It was a really well done series, considering that this was done with 80s animation techology.

About this episode, I'm really happy they included two moments which were really cool: the romantic moment where my girl expresses her support to Tsubasa even though she's as much in pain seeing him play in such a sorry state as he himself is. And also Hyuga choosing to sacrifice what would have been th victory goal so that he could keep Tsubasa on the field. I know it's hard to understand and that in real life the coach would have taken Hyuga off the game, but in the romantic notion of things, we all know as well as Hyuga does that without Tsubasa, this final would not be the epic showdown that Hyuga has been wanting from day one.

Now, all I want for Christmas is to receive news that they're going to adapt the arc where they go to Europe and meet Wakabayashi and play against all the badass European and Southamerican teams. Pretty please with a cherry on top!
Mar 21, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2016
Out of all adaptations I've seen, this is for sure the most epic and emotional one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 31, 2019 2:37 PM

Feb 2008

Handball. Handball duuuuuuude
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Apr 10, 2019 11:55 AM

Jul 2016
Gotta love how 14 years old kids can convince a doctor and a coach so easily.

Well, as expected Tsubasa got another "power up" such as the one he had during the final of the elementary school's tournament. And based on the next episode title, it seems he will get another one for a miraculous comeback...

All in all, it was another tense episode but not as enjoyable for me due to some minor events such as the absurd yellow cards and the opportunity Hyuuga had to score but wasted in order to "awaken" Tsubasa.

Two more eps. to go. Let's see how the extra time will conclude.

P.S.: I know the referees in this show are disappeared in action during most of the time but Hyuuga's shot to "wake" Tsubasa up should have counted as a second yellow card for him but well.
Jan 5, 2021 5:22 PM

Dec 2007
as the episode title goes, it really no more football match but war, and that troll at the end of the 2nd half were just troll...

still though.
Oct 29, 2022 5:19 PM

Aug 2019
How did Ishizaki not pass out after being shot directly by the tiger shot?

People that should be in the hospital right now are somehow still playing 💀

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.