Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So glad goalkeepers are getting more time to shine in this arc.

On the the other hand, there's still the stirkers that continues to make memorable impressions. Felt like a very tense mood this episode with some of the scores. Every team out there is giving it their all and I even find it realistic for the gameplay.
Jan 7, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
Showing Furano team's life. One of the managers is going to leave after the soccer competition. Their competitor is Minami Uwa.

Hyuga guy's team winning without Hyuga guy.

That manager who's leaving likes the captain, but cannot confess to him and megane girl manager is worried about her. Because she will leave right after if they lost.

Minami Uwa caught the captain in off guard at first just using that phrase... They have hard time get that point back.

The captain's long shoot born in hardship of not able to practice in snow.

Everyone in the team not wanting to lost that they try their best not to be read by enemy team. And captain entrusting the member who missed twice (sounds like Hatanaka-san again) for final shot. They won.

ED w. Furano captain ver.

Tsubasa's team next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 7, 2019 11:29 AM

Nov 2017
Matsuyama ! Now that's what I call a real Captain, motivating his partners and giving confidence to his striker in a moment of doubt! Not sure every captain in this show could do the same
Jan 8, 2019 2:03 AM
Dec 2018
Matsuyama wants to win the national championship as a gift for Yoshiko, while the menager has decided not to reveal her true feelings to Hikaru.

The match has been hard for Furano, but thanks to 'Captain Matsuyama' and a great 'avalanche attack', they won and have reached the semifinal.

Matsuyama trusts in all his teammates and Oda marked the goal of the victory, yatta!

Even all Nankatsu and Kojiro cheered for Furano.

Next match Nankatsu vs Hirado!

Jan 8, 2019 6:33 AM
Jul 2014
Where are you people watching it translated..?
Jan 8, 2019 6:43 AM
Dec 2018
I watched it on YouTube.
Jan 8, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2012
FlawlessBg said:

The one who makes English subs did not translate episode 39 and 40 yet
Jan 10, 2019 4:19 AM

Oct 2015
FlawlessBg said:

Just letting you know that it got translated a few hours ago along with the 39th episode. We can enjoy a double episode now. Yay.

--

Am I the only one who thinks this, or do many characters really look the same, or very similar? The manager girl from Nankatsu and the girl from this episode look exactly the same.

Also I was very confused about Misugi and Misaki looking the same. And this episode Matsuyama showed up, and I thought he was either Misugi or Misaki. It was already difficult to differentiate the two of them, and now there's a 3rd one who looks almost identical to them.
Also the buff guy from the previous episode also looks similar to a few other characters.
Damn, it's really confusing sometimes.

Anyways.. As for the episode it wasn't all that interesting to me. Somehow new, sidecharacters, who also don't seem really strong, aren't too interesting.
The next episode is going to be interesting, though!
Jan 10, 2019 9:18 AM

May 2015
This episode just confirmed what I thought.
I want Matsuyama to win. I want Furano to win.
Jan 10, 2019 2:52 PM

Nov 2013
Slim_Lamie said:
FlawlessBg said:

Just letting you know that it got translated a few hours ago along with the 39th episode. We can enjoy a double episode now. Yay.

--

Am I the only one who thinks this, or do many characters really look the same, or very similar? The manager girl from Nankatsu and the girl from this episode look exactly the same.

Also I was very confused about Misugi and Misaki looking the same. And this episode Matsuyama showed up, and I thought he was either Misugi or Misaki. It was already difficult to differentiate the two of them, and now there's a 3rd one who looks almost identical to them.
Also the buff guy from the previous episode also looks similar to a few other characters.
Damn, it's really confusing sometimes.

Anyways.. As for the episode it wasn't all that interesting to me. Somehow new, sidecharacters, who also don't seem really strong, aren't too interesting.
The next episode is going to be interesting, though!

Not only you, it always was a weird thing about Tsubasa that a lot of characters looked the same, but i think that this adaptation are actually doing a good job of differentiating them a little, at least by changing their hair and eye colors. In the manga and original anime it was really difficult to know which of the 3 M's (Misaki, Matsuyama and and Misugi) was which.
Jan 10, 2019 7:20 PM
Jan 2019
Matsuyama ❤❤
Jan 13, 2019 6:37 AM

Nov 2016
Matsuyama is awesome.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 15, 2019 6:46 PM

Jul 2016
Such manly voice Matsuyama has xD

Well, despite they handled Furano's match in one single episode, I enjoyed it a lot. It was so nice to see Matsuyama encouraging his teammates, especially when he had the chance to score but instead, he gave the ball to the striker so that, the latter could regain his lost confidence.

Overall, it was a pretty enjoyable episode.
Jan 3, 2021 2:36 PM

Dec 2007
i have to say this episode was much better than the last ones, especially for the simple fact we got orthodox play (though to have captain tsubasa's touches)

the only thing was pointless for me is that manager, for what we needed her story exactly? ><
Oct 27, 2022 7:02 PM

Aug 2019
is it me or do all the managers look the same lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.