Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2018 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This match is definitely pushing everyone to their limits. We got Hyuga who is still somehow playing at his pace while commanding fiercely like usual.

That brief mid air duel with Tsubasa was pretty cool.

I think Genzou deserves a lot of credit this episode too for his defensive skills. The goal this episode was insane by Tsubasa lol. All the way up into the sun!
Oct 1, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
It seems like Tsubasa is back, but not Misaki. Hyuga guy got the ball from him.

Tsubasa is the one who blocked Hyuga guy's goal and still delivered to Misaki.

Misaki did faint and gave Tsubasa chance the overhead kick.

There's still time, so Hyuga guy doesn't give up. Though Hyuga guy learned other side (pure side) of playing soccer from playing against them.

Hyuga guy can see Wakabayashi's injury works out, so he wasn't frustrated.

Wakabayashi to the limit. Misaki changed to defense and start marking Hyuga guy.

Enemy goalie to offense, that led Misaki to off-guard. Even though Wakabayashi blocked Hyuga guy's shoot using other free parts, Goalie shoot and Misaki sacrificed protecting the goal.

Heavy pressure on Tsubasa. Goalie is quick in back to goal, both kouhai guy and Hyuga guy failed to block him. Also with faint, he went pass the goalie guy and he won... all with sharp eyes.

Hyuga guy team admit defeat instead of hating them.

Coach guy left secretly, and broke the promise.

I wonder how they will end elementary school arc next ep. (besides the ceremony)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 1, 2018 12:47 PM

Dec 2011
Great ending for the game and that last minute attack was fantastic.We can say Tsubasa passed all the 11 players of Meiwa and score xD
Next episode is the conclusion of the arc.
Oct 1, 2018 1:07 PM

May 2016
A great ending for a great match. It was a pure epicness. But I wonder what happened with Roberto :( ...
Oct 3, 2018 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
That was terrific stuff.
Oct 3, 2018 8:55 AM

May 2015
This was soo intense, I loved it! Wonder how Tsubasa will react to Roberto's decision and secretly hoping Misaki will stay.
Oct 3, 2018 9:02 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was epic! I loved it!!

Even though I didn't understand when Misaki thinked about his mother, because as much as I remember from the manga, he almost didn't know her because she abandoned him... But anyway...

Oh my God, that karate kick in the air from Ken, simply amazing!!

And Roberto goes away without Tsubasa. I'm hyped to see how they will animate Tsubasa's reaction!

Maybe the next episode will be the last one from this arc. I'm very excited to start the next one, and see the new opening and ending!
Oct 3, 2018 10:57 AM

Jul 2016
Nhaaaaa bullshit xD That last "power up" Tsubasa received was insane haha. He passed every Meiwa player he encountered, froze Takeshi with his gaze (come on Takeshi -.-) and passed over Hyuga, who is notably stronger than him, with just his pure strength... all that with an injured leg. Well... that was absurd but I'm not gonna lie, the whole scene looked very epic. He even kicked the ball into space Oh My God!!!

Overall, I really enjoyed these last episodes. The match was so intense and some plays were amazing as well. That Wakashimazu's flying kick scene looked awesome, that should have ended in a goal tho. Well, I hope I can see more of him in the next arc or later in the series.

This whole torunament arc was really enjoyable and now, I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen in the next arc.

P.S.: So the "Golden Goal" rule doesn't apply in this tournament? but... in the match between Nankatsu and Jun's team... ah nevermind.

Oct 3, 2018 12:02 PM

Jun 2017
This was a fight,people were bleeding, people were Breaking their Bones

That goodbye at the end....
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Oct 3, 2018 1:27 PM

Sep 2007
The passing was so much better in this tournament compared to the original. For info or reminder, the final lasted 15 episodes vs 5 here. The field no longer gives the impression of making km.
Great match overall. All the goals were over the top. And the referees are not supposed to refuse a valid goal for 0.5 second but well.
Even knowing the outcome, i supported Hyuga as the first time. He has good reasons to be a beast during matchs. His primary motivation to support his family affects me more than Tsubasa's dream of going to Brazil.
Oct 3, 2018 6:22 PM

Dec 2014
Great stuff.

The golden duo play is always just a delight too watch and they animated it quite well too.

The animation was Tsubasa's final charge was top notch though, that part where he just glides through every Meiwa player was just stellar. Wow.

Congratulations to Nankatasu for winning, this tournament was always my favorite among the school arcs. The upcoming one assuming they animate it can get a little too melodramatic but let's see how they choose to do it.

Inuki said:
The passing was so much better in this tournament compared to the original. For info or reminder, the final lasted 15 episodes vs 5 here. The field no longer gives the impression of making km.

I don't know, the original still feels a lot more animated to me. They often resort to still frames in this version but the original was always moving in some fashion especially if you look at the entire segment of the 2nd half where Genzou steals from Hyuga and Tsubasa score with his flip kick. Not to mention the OST of the original is a little more hype inducing. XD
Oct 3, 2018 8:41 PM

May 2010
Iirc, isn't Tsubasa suppose to do the Roberto thing at the end?
Oct 4, 2018 8:15 AM

Nov 2016
Absolutely fantastic match, gotta say this was the best version so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2018 10:35 AM

Nov 2013
Now with the new arc coming in, i wonder if they will get real team licenses to show in the anime,
it would be amazing if they did!

lucasnakeOct 4, 2018 5:33 PM
Oct 4, 2018 10:57 AM

Sep 2007
Lelouch0202 said:
I don't know, the original still feels a lot more animated to me. They often resort to still frames in this version but the original was always moving in some fashion especially if you look at the entire segment of the 2nd half where Genzou steals from Hyuga and Tsubasa score with his flip kick. Not to mention the OST of the original is a little more hype inducing. XD

For the animation, the original was indeed good in general. I liked the way they used slow motion during important moments too.
And undoubtly, the ost was way better than this one. This insert song is still so epic >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-iXuPIHFUc&index=33&list=PLBC7677ABDB4FAA98
Oct 4, 2018 1:26 PM
Mar 2018
Finally, a decisive victory!!! What an end to an awesome grand finale!!!! Next time, to each his own path!!!!
Oct 4, 2018 11:31 PM

Dec 2011
lucasnake said:
Now with the new arc coming in, i wonder if they will get real team licenses to show in the anime,

Well it is already confirmed the next arc will be the middle school arc.
Oct 5, 2018 6:48 AM

Dec 2016
kaitonic said:
lucasnake said:

Well it is already confirmed the next arc will be the middle school arc.

But they have to talk about Hamburg SV anyway, so...
Jan 12, 2019 9:52 PM

Feb 2008
God damn, that felt like 10 episodes. Still, exciting sometimes, and during other times made me tired. Gotta admit reading the manga was more exciting, and it was actually 10 chapters covering this one match.

Pretty good animation, nice closure and all that. Felt like they needed to show more pain during Misaki's terrible hits on his leg, reading the manga it was actually painful to see Misaki still on the field.

"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 21, 2019 7:56 AM

Dec 2015
So, for the final five minutes of the Final, they surpassed themselves in term of stills. This looked like a roman-photo or video comic with no bubble and not like a cartoon...

And the stock scene for the Overhead is becoming annoying too. Was it like that back then? I remember less special effects and some different versions.

4/5
Jul 31, 2019 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
I know this series likes to dabble on the idea that if ones will power is powerful enough the player can overcome most adversities and go over its limit... but dont treat my boy Hyuga like this, his physical straight surpasses Tsubasa by a long shot so there was no way he would had been beaten that easly nor like this. Also what is up with just showing Tsubasa side of wanting to go to brazil and not Hyuga wanting to get the scholarship so his family can rest for awhile?
Great episode yes, but that bit got on my nerve... 3-2 would had been a good final score.
Jun 7, 2020 11:19 AM

Jan 2017
wakashimazus karate-kick looked like something straight ouf shaolin soccer.

it was a great and intense game (wakabayashi and misaki are real mvp's), but it should've ended with 3:2.

tsubasa's insane power-up was too ridiculous and unrealistic, even for his standards.
legends say the ball is still flying. xD

Dec 14, 2020 3:32 PM

Dec 2007
'till i finally get the exciting-dramatic goal as i excepted so far, it was kinda wasted away since the goal was wide open...

great match, hope that more matches like this will keep showing up.

and roberto doesn't going to keep tsubasa's promise? o_o
Oct 26, 2022 5:45 PM

Aug 2019
Roberto is leaving someone grab him.

He didn’t keep his word.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.