Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hyuuga is really turning into one of my favorites in this franchise. He's just so focused on his goal even if it's going up against Tsubasa in full force.

Speaking of which, Tsubasa's team went on an all out attack this match with support from his teammates. Lots of his passes but their opponents are also trying hard to intercept. I love how excited the crowd got too for all the players. It made the match that much more fun to watch.
Sep 17, 2018 12:53 PM

Nov 2007
Everyone trying their best. Hyuga guy got the point, though.

The team not giving up, though. They keep passing and all afraid of the goalie getting the shoot. They all entrusted the shooting to Tsubasa, who did overhead kick.

Wakabayashi left goal and helped out in offense. He, Misaki, and Tsubasa helped out in getting the shoot.

Extended match decided. The three getting treated.

Wakabayashi and Hyuga guy duet for ED?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 18, 2018 6:50 AM

Nov 2016
Loving this match.

The three ace teamwork and goal was just so epic.

Extra time will decide over the outcome now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 18, 2018 7:01 AM

Dec 2016
Another very good episode!

The scene where Genzo takes the ball from Kojiro was epic!!

And the ending! xD Kojiro and Genzo, and unthinkable duo!!
Sep 18, 2018 9:45 AM

Jul 2017
That Tsubasa goal was so fucking epic. Honestly, I got chills from how cool that goal was.
Sep 18, 2018 12:29 PM

Aug 2013
What a crazy episode, I can't wait for the soundtrack release
Sep 18, 2018 12:37 PM

May 2015
An intense episode where everyone is giving their all, nice.

Those tackles are still ridiculous hahah.
Sep 18, 2018 2:44 PM

Jan 2016
I seem to be the only one who hates this match lol

It's tense, I'll say that. But overall Meiwa is a team that shouldn't even exist and their football shouldn't be looked at in awe and admiration. The same thing goes for Hyuga
Sep 18, 2018 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
Seriously....

Anyone who knows a good amount of football rules, tell me how Hyyugas second goal WASNT a damn foul. genzo grabbed the ball and yet Hyuga kicks it with brute force? This is fucking ridiculous.

Yeah i fucking hate this match. Cant wait for it to end smh
Sep 18, 2018 4:58 PM

Nov 2013
Klad said:
Seriously....

Anyone who knows a good amount of football rules, tell me how Hyyugas second goal WASNT a damn foul. genzo grabbed the ball and yet Hyuga kicks it with brute force? This is fucking ridiculous.

If you don't like the matches being wrong in terms of rules better get used to it then, because the author doesn't really mind too much in doing them right.

But i don't mind it really, in my opinion it gives some freedom to make the matches more fun, without being too much exaggerated like Inazuma Eleven.
Sep 18, 2018 5:03 PM

Jan 2013
lucasnake said:
Klad said:
Seriously....

If you don't like the matches being wrong in terms of rules better get used to it then, because the author doesn't really mind too much in doing them right.

But i don't mind it really, in my opinion it gives some freedom to make the matches more fun, without being too much exaggerated like Inazuma Eleven.
Nah its not that I dont like matches because they're wrong by the rules. I specifically dont like this match because all Meiwa is filled with trash characters and plays lame and highly unpleasant football
Sep 18, 2018 5:09 PM

Nov 2013
Klad said:
lucasnake said:

Nah its not that I dont like matches because they're wrong by the rules. I specifically dont like this match because all Meiwa is filled with trash characters and plays lame and highly unpleasant football

Oh i see, yeah i think they are one of the most aggressive team in the series.

I used to hate Kojiro when i was a kid watching the 2001 anime, because he scared me with his aggressive plays lol.
Sep 18, 2018 5:30 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Let's look aside from all the rules for this one and future games to come, it's entertaining so that's that I guess. XD

I kept trying to remember what Nankatsu equalizer goal was since I didn't remember it off the top of my head but when I saw the motion I instantly recognized what it was and started cheering. Heck this Tsubasa goal is one of my favorite of all time, it's so damn crafty and unique. This is especially true when you know what the future Tsubasa vs Hyuga matches are like. XD

Genzo's steal was epic.
Also,what the hell guys? The freaking 1983 anime actually animated Tsubasa's flip motion in it's entirety, you guys just cut to still frames after a point. :|
Not a bad attempt though, I'll give you that. It was epic so I'll forgive but the original is definitely better. XD
Here's the original clip, (timestamp's at 7:00 if it doesn't work)

Also, after watching that I'm kinda sad to admit that the original soundtrack is actually much more hype inducing especially after Genzo's steal.

Klad said:
Seriously....

FireFistYK said:
I seem to be the only one who hates this match lol

It's tense, I'll say that. But overall Meiwa is a team that shouldn't even exist and their football shouldn't be looked at in awe and admiration. The same thing goes for Hyuga

While I agree with both of you regarding Hyuga's play style, it is what it is and at this point we just watch it for the entertainment I guess. Luckily, once we move past school, there's a lot less of this aggressive play.
Lelouch0202Sep 18, 2018 5:34 PM
Sep 19, 2018 11:26 AM

Jul 2016
Wakashimazu is something else xD Using a karate kick to avoid a goal, that's it, he has become my favorite character alongside with Hyuga.

Best moments easily were when Wakashimazu used that kick and when Genzo stole the ball from Hyuga, that was so good! It seems I just can't avoid loving the goalkeepers in this show.

Great episode and great match! I can't wait to see how it will end since penalties are not allowed in the finals... for some reason...
Sep 20, 2018 6:39 AM
May 2018
Klad said:
lucasnake said:

Not liking this match because the opposing team plays dirty is the same as not liking it when Goku fought Vegeta or Frieza because they weren't being fair or going by martial art rules. Hyuga is the show's main villain, final boss, he's supposed to be unlikeable.

Also, the complaint about the lack of rules is kinda nonsense to me. Captain Tsubasa is not real football, the same way Dragonball is not real martial arts. The rules are meant to be bent for entertainment value. This is completely normal. You're supposed to suspend your disbelief. This isn't a failure of the work in question. It's a failure of imagination.

I mean, how are you guys still watching after Tsubasa did that impossible overhead in the early episodes or how the Tachibana did their triangle jump? Or how Nakanishi literally busted the ground when he tried to hit Tsubasa's leg? Seriously, did it take you guys that long to understand that Tsubasa is not aiming for realism or strict adherence to soccer rules?

Another example: Both Wakabayashi and Wakashimazu wear beak caps. According to Fifa rules, they're generally not advisable since the beak present a danger to other players. But if we remove them from the show, you're just removing another nice unique visual element from these characters.
EauDeBlaSep 20, 2018 7:08 AM
Sep 20, 2018 7:53 PM
Jan 2016
Wakabayashi's libero style reminds me of Manuel Neuer when Germany vs South Korea in the 2018 World Cup...that last goal from Tsubasa is crazy haha, he's a beast...
Sep 22, 2018 2:40 AM
Mar 2018
Who will take the decisive shot in the ET??? A golden goal will declare the victor!!!!!
Sep 22, 2018 2:44 AM
Mar 2018
EauDeBla said:
Klad said:

Not liking this match because the opposing team plays dirty is the same as not liking it when Goku fought Vegeta or Frieza because they weren't being fair or going by martial art rules. Hyuga is the show's main villain, final boss, he's supposed to be unlikeable.

Also, the complaint about the lack of rules is kinda nonsense to me. Captain Tsubasa is not real football, the same way Dragonball is not real martial arts. The rules are meant to be bent for entertainment value. This is completely normal. You're supposed to suspend your disbelief. This isn't a failure of the work in question. It's a failure of imagination.

I mean, how are you guys still watching after Tsubasa did that impossible overhead in the early episodes or how the Tachibana did their triangle jump? Or how Nakanishi literally busted the ground when he tried to hit Tsubasa's leg? Seriously, did it take you guys that long to understand that Tsubasa is not aiming for realism or strict adherence to soccer rules?

Another example: Both Wakabayashi and Wakashimazu wear beak caps. According to Fifa rules, they're generally not advisable since the beak present a danger to other players. But if we remove them from the show, you're just removing another nice unique visual element from these characters.

Agreed, we know that certain things cannot be practically applied in real football matches, but still we enjoy these moments as they increase the entertainment value and also our bonds with the characters!!!!
Jan 21, 2019 4:46 AM

Dec 2015
I was sure the goalkeeper crossing the field to shoot in this match was Wakashimazu, looks like I got the wrong Waka ^^"

I was expecting more moving pictures for the big middle series finale this is supposed to be but they really don't stress themselves... well, at least, this time I'm able to appreciate the series despite disliking football, unlike when I was a child.

5/5

@fukumenkei Of course not. You are only confusing this match with the middle-school final. ^^
Rei_IIIApr 3, 2019 1:40 AM
Mar 30, 2019 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
someone please tell me they're not gonna be both winners.
Oct 25, 2022 10:24 PM

Aug 2019
Oh my gosh Wakabayashi and Hyuga singing the ending song!! I freaking love it haha!!

Wakabayashi really said let me show you how is done lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2018

9 by Laughingking27 »»
May 17, 3:18 PM

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.