Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]
Jul 28, 2021 3:29 PM
Jul 2021
This is my first Fate Anime, so I'm pretty excited. I understands that this is jokingly called "Unlimited Budget Works" and I completely understands why.

The battle scenes look good, I like the characters so far, decent start.
Aug 26, 2021 1:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yup, this is in good hands!

As expected, this covered Emiya's POV and perfectly aligned with Rin's in the Prologue. A few things played differently than the Deen version but overall I'm pleased with the changes and additions.

Animation is seriously fantastic, and the fight between Saber and Lancer topped it off there. Incredible demonstration of the Noble Phantasm and Saber's skill to dodge that. Ost choices were spot on too, as if that was ever going to be a question with Kajiura Yuki-san working on the composition, lol.

Op and ED are both great as well. All in all, can't wait for more!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 26, 2021 11:17 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh 😩 why is he so dumbly just going through his day? When someone appears and says you'll DIE if you don't "summon yours" or whatever she said, you'd think ANYONE would be thinking about that or trying to figure it out, rather than just going about your day. Also, what a MORON SIMP sucker he is, this dude is a straight douchebag, and he's just going to do the dudes chores after he was an asshole to him? I am legit yelling at the screen for him to tell the guy to F off. Also he knows magic right? How is he so clueless?
DKDiabloLichtAug 26, 2021 11:30 PM
Sep 28, 2021 1:08 PM

Jun 2020
cant xplain y but shirou aint as much as a bitch in 2006

dis is gud 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Oct 21, 2021 12:51 PM
Aug 2017
Man the animation is way better than 2006 Studio Deen, the fight scene was really good.

I just can't get used to Shirou's voice cause it sounds just like Kirito

Ending song was good

Onto the next episode!
May 4, 2022 9:03 AM

Dec 2021
Ok thank god they introduced an "exposition-excuse" character because i was completely lost in the prologue lol
Jun 14, 2022 2:19 AM
May 2021
I like the ep 0 more than this one this is not a bad episode it's just that Rin and Archer was too cool in ep 0.
Jun 16, 2022 5:07 AM
Nov 2020
This is already 10x better than 2006 stay night
Sep 11, 2022 6:12 PM

Aug 2019
I tried watching this about a year ago, but I quickly lost interest. Which was weird because I actually loved Fate/Zero, but that's also why I'm giving this another shot. I kinda have mixed feelings about Rin but I'll hold off on any judgements
Nov 13, 2022 11:25 AM

May 2020
this was a really good ep
and saber is back lets goooo

Feb 28, 2023 12:38 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
fate zero: battle hardened cold blooded men headstrong in their beliefs and ideals fighting and dying with honour for power and the greater good of the world 

unlimited bladeworks: waifus going "SENPAI"

I never got Sakura's character and what her deal was; why is she hanging around Shirou's place all the time? Anyway, yes it's rewatch time and I liked the prologue way more than this episode; probably because of the obvious that Rin is just way more fun to watch than Shirou. And yeah make sure you watched the prologue first, it's almost absolutely necessary. Watching this 'first' episode first would feel a bit awkward I imagine. Also I still don't know how exactly Shirou accidentally summoned Saber there; she just kind of showed up because the main character can't die in the first episode and needed to be saved. Which he was already, thanks to Rin, somehow, with that red gem. Yeah when you have a mostly useless main lead, they're just going to be little more than a spectator kind of character. Sure yeah we get to see him grow and get stronger and whatever. But in fate zero we had Kiritsugu who was a highly capable, merciless killer from the start of the show. So yeah, as far as I can remember, Shirou's kind of just going to be "there" for the most part, getting everything explained to him as we see from this first episode, since he conveniently doesn't know anything so this gives a chance to have everything explained for the viewer who skipped studio deen's fate stay night which apparently is pretty garbage. He's probably going to need a lot of saving, but hey, at least he's got his TRACE ON move. Very powerful indeed. But for real, even though Lancer was just toying with his prey, you gotta give it to Shirou for not dying in like negative 0.2 seconds to a servant. 

I remember the first time watching this, I kind of face-palmed when Saber asked Shirou for some healing, but Shirou was like "I CAN NO HEAL". But Saber is still so awesome and went to fight Archer anyway, right after Lancer. And then Shirou pretty much wastes a command spell right off the bat (although to be fair, Rin kind of also wasted one too), telling Saber to STOP fighting, when what WE want is for them to KEEP ON fighting. Anyway, I was bummed out at first when I saw that the powerful Saber was paired with someone pretty useless like Shirou, who had like no knowledge about the grail war whatsoever (although the serial killer from fate zero also had no idea what it was all about either, and yet just because he clicked so well with Caster, they had a strong bond and I guess it made Caster pretty strong, I think?). But I think Saber is going to have a way tighter bond with Shirou than with Kiritsugu, who disagreed and argued with her and barely spoke to her otherwise. At she even states it herself in this episode that she kind of likes him. He is, after all, a hero for justice, and Saber can get behind that for sure. Plus it doesn't even really matter. We're in one of the main routes now, time to tone it back a bit and have some cute fun times with master and servant. Grown men who will stop at nothing to achieve the grail? Get that sh*t out of here. Give me some quirky teenagers as masters instead. Now we're talking. 

Just from these first two episodes, these fights easily top fate zero's fights from a visual standpoint. I remember there are more fights to behold, but they're also more hollow, like they don't carry as much weight as those from fate zero. Basically fights for the sake of having fights. Sorry for continuing it to fate zero, but watching these two back to back again after five years or so, I now clearly see one just being a lot deeper and more profound than the other. The other seemingly just being a collection of fights with slice of life scenes in between. Definitely easier to consume for a newcomer to the fate series or just anime in general, but come on, I want some more OOMPH. 

Yeah I'm just re-watching these because I was in the mood for some high production quality anime, and where better else to get that other than from ufotable. And for Rin of course. And because I genuinely forgot like half of what exactly happens. I honestly have forgotten like who each of the servants' masters are other than what we've already been shown. It'll kind of be like watching it for the first time- and perhaps ACTUALLY watching it for the first time in a way, particularly towards the end, where I remember watching while half asleep. Not going to ramble on like this in every episode discussion thread with a wall of text taking up space, even though it doesn't really matter because the next time someone steps in here will be far from now in a few months probably, if not longer. I'll just drop in whenever an episode has anything noteworthy to mention. 

Maybe watching this again will pique my interest to actually go into the visual novels, which is of course the source material and the recommended place for newcomers to this series to go to first. But it would have to be the original lewd versions, if I can find them. For now though, I think I'll check out one or two episodes from studio deen's fate stay night, just to see how wondrous it is. 
BetaMaleUltraFeb 28, 2023 12:41 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 10, 2023 3:24 AM
Apr 2023
GREAT START TO THIS SHOW
Apr 26, 2023 10:31 PM
Apr 2023
Seeing the same scene from different perspectives is a bit of a mindfuck, and it's well-executed. It shows you all the context for both sides, it connects perfectly. And I think it's really funny that Shirou has died twice already.
Aug 10, 2023 5:28 AM
Jul 2023
Shirou's side is a lot more boring than Rin's side, but the second half was still awesome. Shirou seems like a much more tolerable protagonist than he was in Stay night. 
- pretty much everything is the exact same as the Pilot episode of stay night, except this looks much more amazing.
- The voice acting and music of this show are amazing too
- Kiritsugu was done very well this time, it feels like a continuation of Zero.
- Gilgamesh talking to Sakura?
- Shirou used a command seal to stop Saber this time? I guess this is where the routes split
ApreggiAug 10, 2023 5:31 AM
Dec 1, 2023 7:11 PM

Nov 2023
I like the OP very amazing in my opinion
Jan 8, 2:09 PM

Dec 2022
First pretty long episode was definitely worth the watch mainly because of the point of view we're getting in this one is from Shirou's when the previous was Rin's.
Also, the ideal white op song cracked hard.

Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.