I've started reading this, because I watched the first episode of the Anime and thought this was a Konosuba-lite.
It is not.
It's more like Darwin's game (the Manga). If you liked Darwin's Game you'll like this one, I'm sure.
After the first chapters the tone gets darker and darker, the MC is a little edgy but it's played painfully straight. He is a misanthrope at his core, he hates humans and himself - but stil tries to do the right thing.
I don't want to spoil too much here, so I give you some things that I liked:
1. It's Isekai without being overpowered
2. They return
to their real world on a regular basis
3. It has actual twists and shifts in genre
4. The world being designed like a video game is actually plot relevant
5. The group gets a quest each time they go to the other world, the quest is longer each time and harder too.
6. The MCs aren't overpowered. The odds are always staked against them and they have to make it through. The quests are unusual as well.
The art is nothing special, but it's clearly not bad.
I give this a 8/10 and am actually shocked that this is so unknown.
So I wrote this review when I was halfway through. Now I am caught up with the Manga and I gotta say... this is amazing. The MC is smart, but not "good". He has morals, but he's stil cold blooded.
They introduce a new person for every "quest" they get, so the Group grows one person at a time. Every member has their own strenght and weaknesses.
I'll up this to 9/10 for now. What I hate is, that this releases in Volumes, so I'll probably wait a year for the next chapters. I hope I don't forget the story until then.