May 10, 2013
Samjoko (All reviews)
I'm going to make this short and simple.

The character development was prize the for the show. It's not easy selling weapons, knowing that your life is actually on the line and that you are considered a merchant of death.Some arms dealers do for the money, some do it for the fame, but Koko does it for World Peace. Arms dealing might not be the greatest idea for world peace, and can be considered downright hypocrisy, but Koko's work is based on necessary evil, where evil deeds must be done into order for good to arise.

As for other protagonist, Jonah, he travels and protects Koko with his life, even though his parents were killed by the very weapons sold by arms dealers. It might be ironic, but he does it as a sacrifice so others can live a better life, even though he hates wars, weapons, and arm dealers. Jonah and Koko might have contradicting beliefs, but they work together for the betterment of others.

I also enjoyed the other characters. It's nice to know a girl who can kick your ass like Valmet, who's probably the scariest and most physical imposing member of the group, but she does show some softness towards Koko, but no mercy against men. The other characters like Lehm, Willie, Tojo, Lutz, and others all might come from tough backgrounds like special forces and secret organizations, but they tend to grow on you as human beings.

As for the story plot, the first series (Jormungand) is like a scattershot of action and of the group's adventure through the arms market. However, it's this series that connects the dots and shows what Koko was plotting all along. I admit that I was confused what Jormungand had to do with the anime because it took all the way to the last couple episodes to know what Jormungand was all about.

Anyways, I must say the show is enjoyable due to the innovation and cooperation of the group to achieve their goal. Also, the combination of the undercover arms dealers and intelligence organizations teaches a lot about the underworld of arms trading and intelligence gathering, which some might be considered fictional. Conclusion wise, I actually want the series to continue due to the underwhelming ending, but the manga is complete as well as the anime.