Apr 30, 2013
djddueces (All reviews)
So, Dragonball Z has always been something that everyone has loved whether you're an anime fan or not. But, do the movies hold up as well as the TV Show did? I recently watched Dragonball Z-Cooler's Revenge, and thought why not write a review on it. Basically the movie is short and simplistic (which kind of disappointed me a lot).

Story- (7/10) As I said before, the story is simplistic. To tell the truth, there are not even 10 characters in this movie. And the main character, which we all know is Goku, is hurt half the movie. So, yeah, that was kind of disappointing.

Art- (7/10) Dragonball Z art is nothing really special (but today the art is really good). This movie was made back in the early 90s, so the art doesn't hold up as well. But, if you are a true Dragonball Z fan, you'll enjoy this movie.

Sound- (8/10) The sound for this movie was very good. I'm still wondering why they use heavy rock for the U.S. version of this movie. To me, it sounds better than the Japanese 2.0 mono. But if you don't like the 2.0 mono, there is also a Japanese 5.1 stereo and also English 5.1 stereo. (I know these are the tracks on the DVD's, not sure about the Blu-Ray's though)

Character- (8/10) It's Dragonball Z. C'mon. They're all the same characters we know and love. But there is one character that did an amazing job. And that is Cooler. Andrew Chandler (who is Cooler), does an amazing job playing this role. I'm surprised he isn't in more anime, or voice over casts for that matter. Dude did an amazing job.

Enjoyment- (8/10) Truth be told, being a Dragonball Z fan, I love anything from the franchise. But, if I have to look at this from a serious perspective, it's not all that great.

Overall- (7/10) Bottomline, this movie is good. Not great, but just good. If you like Dragonball Z, go watch this movie. Even buy it on DVD. It's like 4 bucks for the original release. Even if you don't like DBZ, this is a good movie to watch.