Apr 13, 2013
NonOtaku (All reviews)
First of all let me begin by saying this Anime is written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata who made Death Note and unlike some of the other works that have been produced since this anime has the special sauce too. MAYONNAIISEEE.

Trying to find L?
Sorry you'll have to look somewhere else.

This is the sequel of the first Bakuman which continues the story of Takagi Akito and Mashiro Moritaka; two teenagers who aspire to be mangakas with a popular long running manga serialization that gets turned into an anime. Mashiro in particular wants their career to take off quickly because of a promise he made with Azuki Miho, the girl he'd been in love with since elementary school, that the two of them would marry once they accomplished their dreams as they try to make a name for themselves in the intense business world of manga publishing.

Animation-wise with J.C. Staff at the helm of the much-anticipated anime adaptation, you’d expect some pretty damn good animation. Luckily, the studio delivers fluid movement and great attention to detail.

The art was once again really well done and high quality like its predecessor. The art was quite good throughout each episode. The anime’s art shows a great amount of detail yet still maintaining that slice of life environment in the anime. Something which intrigued me the most, in terms of the art, was the displaying of the stories each manga artist made. By animating the storyline and having a narrator explaining the information in the manga, improved the anime. The character themselves were well illustrated and fluidly animated.

The voice acting was very good for the characters. I felt that the character's representations through their vocal expressions suited them perfectly and portrayed their attitudes and personalities nicely.

Then there's also the OPs and EDs. They're not terrible, but they are definitely boring and I skipped them nearly every time. Granted, it's not a big thing and has nothing to do with the actual story, but for a series that's all about creating stuff the public will like, they sure dropped the ball in this aspect. Overall I didn't find anything too annoying throughout the anime series regarding the soundtrack. It was well presented.

It was nice to see the variety of characters, with their assortment of personalities. They definitely added depth to this anime.
As with the story, this season of Bakuman only touches on its cast of characters and what we learn of them is only the tip of the metaphorical iceberg. That being said, the two central protagonists develop reasonably as they embark on their quest to become published mangaka.

Whether it is Takigi's boldness, Moritaka's determination. the surprising feminess of tomboy Miyoshi, The eccentricness of ingenious mangaka Eiji Nizuma, and some others. almost all characters were well written and had great chemistry with each other. The two main characters go through development as their bonds and determination are tested.

For anyone with an interest in the behind-the-scenes workings of a large manga publication, and particularly when it comes to the shounen genre, I can’t recommend Bakuman enough.

Bakuman season two delivered the same type of feelings and emotions that the first season did. Following Saiko and Shujin through their life as they pursue one of my dreams has been wonderful.