Mar 20, 2013
Reflex96 (All reviews)
"If you're good on the inside, then looks don't matter!"
"Boys do not equal their looks, if you look past that you'll see someone who acts with the purest of hearts."

Hatsukoi Limited. A lot to love, but also, at the same time, a a few things to dislike.
The story as a whole is good. The way the first 9 or 10 episodes are made in such a way that the final two come together is a really nice touch. It really works. However that's all I can say that's good. At times, it's a little repetitive. The same characters doing the same things to eachother is apparent. For some, it's going to be boring. Nevertheless if you stick with it the story couldn't end better.
The programme is certainly great on the art front. All I'm going to say is that the last episode has some stunning animation and design, it helps to bring the story itself to a close. It's that good.
Sound wise, it's impressive. The piano on its own is always a good thing in a programme like this. The emotions are portrayed better that way. It helps you to immerse yourself in each characters situation and that's what I like so much about this anime.
But, and this is about the biggest but you can get. The characters are let down by one thing: there's way too many. You can't place names, they don't get as developed as much as you want, and it all becomes very complicated. Because of that, the emotions of the characters are spoilt because sometimes you don't know exactly who they are, and who the emotions are linked to. It's a huge let down. It got to me, but it didn't make me stop watching it. It gets better at the end because you get to know who is with who, and by then you'll know names well. It's not good enough though, it would deter quite a few watchers away I think. What Im saying is, if you are going to get confused about who is who, or you will be annoyed at how the characters barely have the chance to develop, then I'd be wary if watching.
As for enjoyment though, it was good overall. Sure, the amount if characters are about as many as about three different series put together, and yes it ruins the development if them, it still pleases you. Because the end makes up for the shortcomings rather well. It will leave you with a smile on your face, and ends on a good moral. Something along the lines of "don't judge a book by its cover" is the best way of describing the message of Hatsukoi Limited. It makes up for its issues well, which is why 7/10 is appropriate. Also, in regards to length, it's great because the story is told, and you're not left wondering things. They could have made it immensely long to develop the characters but then it would have become boring on a monumental scale. I like it how it is.

If you like a good romance, and you can get your head around 22 (Yes, Twenty-Two!) characters, this is worth a watch, I doubt you'll regret it.

Reflex96