Oct 26, 2008
iamjoe (All reviews)
The sequel outdoes the original!

I know a lot of people are hating on R2 claiming it has veered far away from the original greatness of the first season, but I beg to differ.

There was better action, better drama, better characterisation, better EVERYTHING about this sequel.

The story is intriguing and is nail-bitingly good; so many plot twists hitting you one after the other. It is here we see the revolution come full circle. I know there are a lot of complaints about plot holes, and some extreme plot twists, but I did not see reason to complain. In anything, the impossible can be made possible, absurdity can be made reality. Code Geass did not rip to shreds what the original series had created: it created its own. That may upset some viewers, but for the sake of storytelling and plot, I couldn't find a flaw with it.

The art was colourful and unique, as before. There are nuanced differences, but they aren't very noticeable. If anything, it just got more colourful and crisper looking. The animation also improved.

The characters were more developed and interesting. We see what really makes every character tick. In the first season, a lot of people were introduced, and they are fleshed out further in the second season. There is a wider cast in the the second, but these new characters are all interesting and unique as well. The entire vi Britannia family is intriguing, and you get a lot of history, development and backstory to this bunch especially.

I enjoyed every minute of this.

Is it good? It's great! And that's the truth.