Mar 13, 2013
jbeat (All reviews)
If you have a high tolerance for frustration and annoyance, then you can maybe handle this anime. If not, I wouldn't suggest this one.

Story: 4/10
There was nothing special about this show except the fact that the female lead, Momo, is tanned which actually didn’t influence or affect the main story. Additionally, she has a so-called “friend-enemy” or “frenemy” who is exerting so much effort to ruining Momo’s romantic and social life for a petty reason. For a rom-com, drama (which, BTW I really do enjoy), the story was quite shallow and dull. All you’ll see in 25 episodes is Momo repeatedly and indecisively shifting from one love interest to another in her love-triangle.

Art: 6/10
The art wasn’t bad nor spectacular. The only art feature that distracted me throughout the series was the lips though. I wasn’t used to the upper lip being evident that it somewhat sidetracked me from the general appearance. Aside from the lips, everything else was acceptable. I enjoyed the flat, 2D art effect they gave Sae when she’s depressed or out of her normal self.

Sound: 4/10
The sound didn’t enthrall me. After watching the whole anime, not one soundtrack stuck to my head despite it's repetitiveness. But in terms of voice actors, they really complement the characters appearance and emotions.

Characters: 3/10
I found the characters very annoying, lacking qualities an average person has. During my duration of watching the anime, the characters just kept on triggering my temper and irritability to boil. The protagonists (Momo, Kairi, Toji) appear to lack common sense and are all indecisive. Instead of doing the logical and rational solution, they just exacerbate the issue by doing what they “feel” is right but actually is the opposite, which gets on my nerves. The antagonists (Sae and Kairi’s older brother) on the other hand, are conniving, manipulative, yet very clever and sly. These antagonists make me so pissed at not only them, but also the protagonists for easily giving in to their deceits and lies. In my perspective, Kairi was the only acceptable character due to his cheerful and happy-go-lucky attribute, but eventually shifts in the latter part. The characters are basically the main reason why I got immensely frustrated with this series.

Enjoyment: 5/10
Although I was exceedingly frustrated while watching the series, it had this mysterious appeal that made me want to continue watching it, in high hopes the characters would develop better and and the story would improve. In spite of that appeal, it was still dragging, making me fast-forward the useless scenes.

Overall: 4/10
I gave this a 4/10 because it just wasn't appreciating; however, it did make me laugh in some portions of the scenes. Overall, I was disappointed in this one. If this was a movie and I had to pay for it in the cinema, I’d want my money back and wished I had watched something better.

YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!!