May 10, 2012
Ontario (All reviews)
Why do people like the anime? It baffles me. I picked up this anime because it was on the recommendations page for an anime I liked, so I had high hopes. Those high hopes were destroyed pretty swiftly.

---Character---
I am talking about character first because it is the biggest thing that bugged me about this series. Right away, I felt something wrong with this anime. At first I couldn't put my finger on it, but then I realized it was because the characters are flat as paper. Sure, they were animated pretty decently, but that doesn't matter when there is nothing memorable about any of them. They all seemed fairly genetic. Not to mention that their sister (Shi-chan) was kind of annoying.

---Story---
I know that this was a fairly short series, so it didn't have time to develop a whole lot, but there was no trace of an actual story. Now, this normally wouldn't bug me, since I love pointless animes (Azumanga Daioh, etc), but the happenings of this anime were just awful. It says that the twins are in love, but are they? It seems like a fairly normal sister relationship, except for a few aspects. Their so called relationship doesn't go anywhere. I'm pretty sure normal sisters tell each other they love one another, so that's not anything special. Don't misunderstand me, though. It's not like I was in it just for yuri action and am upset because I didn't get to see any; I generally wanted their relationship to advance.

---Art---
This was the only thing about this anime that I enjoyed. The animation was done well. As I mentioned before, the characters were designed well, plus the scenery and background images were decent too. Not much else to comment on.

---Sound---
Same as art, not much to comment about. It wasn't awful though, that is for sure.

---Enjoyment---
This anime left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not sure if I don't appreciate it because I've never watched a shoujo-ai anime before, but either way I didn't like it. Maybe if I rewatched this anime at a later date I would appreciate it for what it is, but as of right now I stand by my overall score. I really wanted to like this anime too, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get myself to enjoy it.

---Overall---
Overall I give this anime a 4/10. I'm probably just being a prude, so the majority of you reading this will probably enjoy this anime.