May 3, 2008
angelofutopia (All reviews)
The story itself would have been better if it hadn't been so condenced. Oddly enough I didn't think that the story was all that rushed and things were going to fast. I would have liked a breather every once in awhile though. The whole series was full of moments that you had to catch or be lost forever. As it is I'm going to have to watch the series again to catch things that I've missed.
The art was pretty good. The series was nice to look at although it wasn't anything shocking in my opionion. You could tell that they put some work into it though.
The sound really isn't all that important to me so I'm not going to act like it is now that I'm writing a review. Everything was clear. That's good enough for me.
The characters were average. The supporting characters could have been a bigger part of the series though. Some of them became important later and you really didn't know them all that well. My thoughts of that might change if I go through it a second time though. I watched all of this at once so I'm on overload a little.
I relly enjoyed the series, but there were some major flaws. There was so much going on in the story that I was never bored which was a good thing, but it was also one of the series downfalls to. They did a good job of making the story decent, but you also miss some of the smaller stuff to because everything is shoved into 13 episodes. The humor in this story is easily missed if your not looking for it. Or at least it was to me.
Overall I don't think I'll ever forget this story because there really was a good plot and I really did fall in love with the characters. But you also have to keep in mind that in the end your going to feel like everything hit you at once. The fact is that there was just waaayyy to much happening at once.