Oct 1, 2011
Diassia (All reviews)
Not a lot of people have written a review since the last episode so I felt I should.

I have to admit I REALLY didn't like the first episode. It made me cringe a little bit and for a long time I considered not continuing with the OVA at all. I won't turn this review into ranting about why I didn't appreciate the first episode (I think the other reviews do that quite successfully)

However, I actually really enjoyed the second episode. I know a lot of people are saying that they don't appreciate the 'magical girl' or 'mecha' storyline but I felt it was a very clever parody of the world that Rika was used to fighting in.

The reason I enjoyed this episode so much was just little things more than anything. Mostly how tiresome 'alternate' Rika found it all and of course, the usual suspects being the 'masterminds' (Takano, I'm looking at you).

Of course, I can't give it any more than a 4 since my absolute adoration of the original Higurashi seasons would not allow me. I enjoyed the episode, but in the end, it is still not in classic Higurashi style (death, murder, mystery) but Rika is still her old self which I'm very glad to see after how she was portrayed in the first episode.

The next episode looks slightly more sensible... but we will have to see.