Jun 19, 2007
jet2r0cks (All reviews)
The concensus was that this OAV was way too confusing. I found it to be that way too - in fact I had to look up a synopsis for this to understand it.

What confused me the most is the time frame - I am not aware of how much time has passed since the last episode of the TV series. Furthermore, how can Hotohori's great grandchild exist when it's obvious that Chichiri and Tasuki has not aged at all? Well at least that's what I understood from Wikipedia. If it is what it is, then it doesn't make much sense. Yui's hair length is something to think about as well. From what I understand, it hasn't been too long from the events of the series. Miaka and Yui had just entered high school, so what's with the long hair, Yui?

The music is still the same - not exactly the same. It sounds the same, mid 90s style, that kind of music. I only like the opening song. The background music is definitely in the background. I think that's all I can say about the music.

I still do think that it is worth watching. I am a Fushigi Yuugi fan after all, and I just have to watch every thing related to the series. Besides, there are 3 extras by the end of each episode. It's about the gang (Along with Keisuke and Tetsuya) going to hot springs, and it turns out only women are allowed so the all the guys dress up like women (Yes people, even Nakago and Mitsukake). I do think that this was the high part of the OAV, and for this reason, it should really be watched.