Nov 15, 2020
x_Calibur11 (All reviews)
Naruto Shippūden, personally, my favourite anime ever. Why should you listen to me you ask? Well, I've watched all of Naruto(220 episodes) and Naruto Shippūden(500 episodes) combined as 720 episodes 3 times. And still do watch random episodes from time to time, making me more than qualified to talk about this anime.

Let me just start off by pointing out the elephant in the room...fillers. Yes, there are many, way too many in fact. I understand how this may have been a turn-off, as it is quite annoying to wait for the next canon episode when a very essential part of the story is unfolding. Even for myself, when Naruto Shippūden was airing, during the final major arc, it was literally unwatchable. In one episode something very exciting happens, and guess what, you have to wait through 10 more episodes to find out what happens next! Now what I meant by this being annoying, I meant it for when it was airing, then, we obviously had no way to skip to the next episode. But now that it's over, I have no clue why so many people are complaining about the fillers, just skip it. That being said, be careful, many sites mark important backstories as filler, which could honestly easily pass as canon episodes, some of the famous backstories, of course, belonging to Itachi and Kakashi. If you seriously skip these episodes, then you're definitely missing out on great stories and eye-opening moments(won't spoil which, but those who have watched it probably know what I'm talking about).

Ok, now that the ranting is done with, let's get on to the rating.

{Story: 9/10}
______________

The immense detail in the storyline is exceptional. Yes, it takes quite a bit to get to the main plot, but that is in the previous part: Naruto. This is Naruto Shippūden, and things get heated very fast. How everything ties up to each other as the story progresses is quite cool. The ideals, the motivational factors of many character's actions link together in such an unexpected way. The way Masashi Kishimoto unfolds new and greater villains is extremely creative. It's not a generic process as many may think. One thing to note is that the overarching plot is always present throughout this anime, whether you notice it or not. It's very well thought out, and don't get me wrong, it's definitely slow-paced. At times it's very funny, with the main character being a dolt, while other times it suddenly gets serious with amazing tension. The main villain group, the Akatsuki is so nicely structured and they definitely give evil vibes. But one thing about this anime is that, most of the greatest villains aren't obsessed with power and want to rule the world, or want the destruction of the world, but rather they want peace, except their methods are of course, not the best. I understand that many anime do also have these types of idealists as villains, however most of the time it's only 1. The different clans, the different villages, the different powers, everything has reasons to be there, and everything is unique in its own way. One thing I find the most fascinating is the Uchiha clan, which is still to this day the most complex family I've ever seen, with their many powers. While this being the case, we cannot forget about our favourite unpredictable orange ninja and his dream, to become the Hokage. Simple, but sweet.

{Art: 8/10}
______________

Can I just say that this show has the best fights I've ever seen, including amazing fighting sequences, animations, soundtracks(we will get to this later), feelings, and longitivity. There is one fight(Pain vs Naruto) which gets some hate in terms of animation, which I understand why it does, but the majority is actually pretty sick. Other than that, the art in normal episodes is fine, nothing special. But fights...fights are just too good.

{Sound: 10/10}
______________

This anime has one of my favourite OSTs, Ops, and Eds of all time. If you understand some of the meanings in the visuals of the Ops and Eds, the feeling becomes even nicer. The Osts are extremely unique and emotional. There isn't much to say, but the sound is just too good

{Characters: 10/10}
___________________

Oh boy here we go, the top 3 favourite characters for me of all time are all from Naruto. Honestly, as I said before, just because a character is a villain, it doesn't stop them from being an amazing character. Itachi for example is my favourite, he's a villain you can empathize with, and that applies to basically every major villain. In my case, I basically grew up with these characters, they were filled with emotions and everyone is extremely unique. The relations and links between each character as the story progresses is amazing. Given how many episodes this anime has, the characters are amazingly structured and their ideals are unique. 1 thing though, Tenten did not get enough screen time lmao. You also relate to at least 1 character in this series, given there are so many, and also that they are nicely designed(I don't know how many times I've said that, but its true!!). They also have a ninja dog, if everything I said doesn't convince you to watch this, the dog definitely should.

{Enjoyment: 10/10}
___________________

I've basically grew up with this show, it's just too good, the lessons being taught, the cool fight scenes, the unpredictable moments, the sadness, the overall enjoyment is definitely above the charts for me.

So yeah, hopefully I convinced people to watch this.