Jul 23, 2020
Shiekai (All reviews)
When I first heard of this manga, I honestly was not expecting all that much from it. I thought it would just be another take on a senpai x kouhai, but I was seriously wrong.

Cigarette and Cherry is one of the few mangas that makes me feel completely invested when I read it, and that's represented by the strong bond that is created to well developed characters. Each person in the story has their own quirks, and their flow with each other is seamless and graceful, making the overall experience that much better. Not only was it filled with a ton of light hearted jokes to make you laugh a little, the art was just fantastic as well and really made some of the panels just look beautiful.

Now, it does have some minor faults (mostly in story). The whole "ex" arc was not as as impactful as it could have been, mostly due to introducing it a little bit early and not allowing more character development to progress to enhance that aspect.

Overall though, I was pleasantly surprised at the level of intricacy in some chapters, and if your just looking for a good laugh/read, I would definitely highly recommend this.