Jun 27, 2020
Phloup (All reviews)
I like simple things. Sometimes, I just want to read a short and simple manga, without a complicated story or dramatic themes. And Mado kara Madoka-chan is a manga that fits exactly this.

As you might have guessed, Mado kara Madoka-chan doesn't have a complicated story. It's just a sweet story, revolving around Madoka and Oda, with their interactions being made through a window. And somehow, this manga never strays from this. Although it might be a turnoff for some people, who may think it's repetitive and whatnot, I really enjoyed this simple story.

Like the story, the art is good too. The character designs, although simple, are quite good. They don't have any abnormal character designs (maybe apart from the fact that Madoka doesn't have a mouth), but they fit perfectly in the setting of this manga. Furthermore, the backgrounds and environment in which this manga took place was good too. Although this entire manga is set in only one location, it was quite impressive how the author managed to create different environments in this location for every single chapter.

Mado kara Madoka-chan features only two characters: Madoka and Oda. Like the story, these characters are quite simple. Oda is a tired office worker who gets to relax when he meets Madoka. The interactions between the two of them are quite sweet, with Madoka entertaining Oda with a new activity in each chapter. There is not much to say about them both, except that they are a sweet pair that complements each other. However, it is important to note that there was little to no character development throughout this manga. Personally, this was not a huge deal for me, especially considering it was a slice of life, but I did wish for a bit more development to be seen.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this manga. I had quite a fun time seeing the interactions between Madoka and Oda, and the various activities this pair did. Although this manga may seem simple, it's its simplicity that make it so enjoyable. If I had to describe this manga in one word, it would just be "fun". It's a fun manga, with no complex story or characters. It has one purpose in mind, and it's purpose is to make its reader smile. If ever you want to relax or smile, I'm sure Madoka will open her window to let you enter the world of Mado kara Madoka-chan.