Mar 17, 2020
gakutomo (All reviews)
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! is a manga about Akina learning more about otaku culture because she ended up becoming friends with one even though she looks down on it. The manga is a SoL about a bunch of characters interacting with otakus as they talk about what goes on like going comiket, creating media like fanart, and IRL events for anime stuff portrayed in a positive light.

The girls are drawn in a cutesy style which doesn't improve or get worse as the series goes on. I enjoyed the series a bit, but Akina got really annoying with constantly looking down on otaku culture while also enjoying it with her new friends. Except for Akina's internal dialogue, I enjoyed the character interactions.

The ending has me mixed because while what happens is what I want to happen, it doesn't last for very long before just ending the series which was a bit disappointing. I was hoping for a few more pages to be able to enjoy it for longer. Overall the ending dragged it down a lot for how I enjoyed the series.