Jan 20, 2020

Art: 8/10
Sound: 8/10
Character: 8/10
Enjoyment: 9/10

Overall: 8.4/10 (8/10).
-------------------------------

I won't go into much detail here as only 4 episodes have aired as of the writing of this review, so my thoughts and opinions are preliminary.

So far, this anime seems like a mixture of Psycho-Pass and an anime adaptation of Inception (the film).

As I loved both of the aforementioned media, this is really scratching that sci-fi/detective itch that has come-back since Psycho-Pass 3 finished.

Basic Plot:

People who have an intent to kill leave behind special particles at the scenes of their crimes. These particles are picked up by a special division of the police force using an object that very much resembles the guns from psycho-pass.

The particles are harvested, then used to form a "well" of the criminal's unconscious mind, or psyche.

The "main character", under the alias of Sakkaido, ventures into these wells to try and find clues in order to track down the killer(s).

-------------------------------

Honestly, this anime is doing a very good job so far and is really intriguing as not only is each episode its own self-contained plot, but also part of an overarching plot that covers this entire season (so far).

I'm going to keep this brief and say that if you enjoyed Psycho-Pass or the movie Inception, there's a high-chance you will enjoy this anime too.

So far, art, animation and sounds have been pretty good and I just hope it stays that way throughout the season!

Recommended!