Oct 6, 2019
Inorichi (All reviews)
I like SAO, I really do. But if every review on a recap episode that does not bring anything to the table is an 8 or a 9, there's some clear misinformation going on.

[6] Story - they cut 2 cours into a 24 minute episode, it's not going to substitute for watching the anime, it's not that entertaining imo as to rewatching the entire first 2 cours, and it doesn't add anything new.

[6] Art - no major improvements here, which I'm a bit upset about. I'd like to see some Ordinal Scale quality art for a recap airing on SAO's 10th anniversary year.

[9] Sound - Alicization has good ost's. They're not going to make a new soundtrack just for a recap so same as Alicization.

[9] Character - Same old characters, nothing new, just scenes cut into a 24 min recap.

[6] Enjoyment - Not sure what you're expecting from a recap that's shorter than the first episode. You really can't get much excitement out of a recap that doesn't do something incredibly unique or creative.

This recap episode may be for you, if you enjoyed the first 2 cours of Alicization and don't rewatch anime. Perhaps if SAO isn't the only media you consume and you don't memorize the sequence of events and key story elements, this can be helpful in enhancing your War of Underworld Experience. But it is most definitely not a 9 or an 8. This will not substitute for watching the first 2 cours of Alicization.