Sep 11, 2019
johnbradshaw (All reviews)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is not just a famous franchise. Its everlasting impact on the anime world defines generations of fan. And I myself, consider it one of the most joyful experiences I ever had since I watched TVs. So you can imagine how happy I was when I hear the news Golden Wind was produced by David Pro. And fortunately, it didn't disappoint.

Unlike previous part with wild and random events, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind is the most well-structured part out of the 5 for me. Waving bye-bye to sunny town of Morioh, we follows the story of Giorno Giovanna, son of Dio Brando, as he and his gangs tried to ruin a mafia organization from within in a simple yet crazily over the top adventure. In a beautiful and romantic land of Naples, there's a big secret lied within it, will Giorno ever survive this bizarre adventure. That's for you to find out.

"I Giorno Giovanna, have a dream." This quote pretty sum up Giovanna for me. Like father like son, Giorno Giovanna is a very ambitious man and nothing more dangerous than an ambitious man with a brilliant mind. But even with these great qualities, he seems to enjoy a quiet life days by days until his fateful meeting with Bruno Buccellati, a member of the gang "Passione". Buccellati, one the other hand, is a man with determination and a kind heart. With drugs and heroin destroying the town he loves, he can not step aside. With Giorno now on his side, he know his chance has come, some action must be taken. The combination of the two characters are what make Golden Wind so wonderful and distinguish from other parts in my eyes. It took a darker, more serious and much more mature path while still keeping things captivating, fun and unexpected. Every episode still follows the "Monster of the week" formula but this time it stays connected because its story is very simple and happens on a real place.

I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if there's any noticeable differences of the art from the manga and the anime. But comparing to previous parts, it's just as great if not to say, it looks better and brighter for me. From the background to the accessories of the characters and their iconic designs still stay the same and very bizarre I must add. For the sound department, the VAs sounds very astonishing, I especially like the voice of Giorno and Mistah. The "Fighting Gold" op is very exciting, bump you up for the experience. Still top tier for me.

Overall, this is the second best part of Jojo for me and fan of the franchise must be very happy to watch this anime.