Sep 11, 2019
Ruler632 (All reviews)
It is with anticipation for the upcomming third season I'm writing this review for Bang Dream.

First of all, don't forget to watch the first season, as soon as you're past Kasumi's awkward version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, you're in for a real treat, and while the first season is a seed that's budding, you can really look forwards to the second season, which I'm here to discuss.

The second season take off a few months after the first season, Kasumi's band Poppin' Party (PoPiPa) have progressed, and are now recognized as a decent band and together they've gained new friends and rivals, and you start to see more bands like the serious Roselia, the cheerful Hello Happy World, the colorful Pastel Paletts or the cool Afterglow, take the scene as well.

Although PoPiPa still have the main focus and the series revolves around the friendship between the band members, the second season offers a more serious tone than what was given in the first season, you will see them go through hardships together, being in a band together isn't just all fun and games, sticking together might seem harder than anticiptated, are their bonds really strong enough to keep them together, or will PoPiPa break after just a year?

The answer to that is found when you watch the anime, but there's more to it than that, after all, this is a Music anime, but are the songs any good?

Well, that is a very hard question to answer since it's very subjective, but I like them, and hopefully you'll too, some of the best songs include Louder, Black Shout & Fire Bird by Roselia, Sekai Nobinobi, Goka Gokai Phantom Thief by Hello Happy World, Scarlet Sky & YOLO by Afterglow, and a whole lot more from PoPiPa, you can for instance look forward to Returns, it's one amazing song, and make yourself a service and don't listen to them before you watch the show, listening to them in context to the anime make them 250% better. (But by all means listen to them again when you've finished the show).

In general this is an improvement of the first season, and it's filled with great moments, fun joyful moments and some sad moments as well, Bang Dream is a series that really delivers on all aspects and is filled with surprises from start to finish, you'll get joyful characters, and great music to go with the story, this is an anime I think anyone could enjoy, it's truly worth watching and hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I did.