Sep 11, 2019
Timz0r (All reviews)
Is that a 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' reference?

Back in 2007 when Lucky☆Star started to air in Japan, I would not like this anime. Back then in 2007 I had other things on my head rather than talk about anime and consume Japanese animation for entertainment. But now in 2019; about twelve years later I finally got around to this show. Yes, I did liked it.

Story: 6/10 (Fine)
Story wise it's pretty average to say the least. We just follow four young girls from around the same age their lives. Slice of Life fans would love this, but if you don't, like I did twelve years ago, you would probably not like it. Oh, and it's filled with previous anime references. It does help if you have seen atleast 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' because that anime get's pretty much referenced. As you probably know, the previous work from Kyoto Animation was 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'.

Art: 7/10 (Good)
To be fair, animation-wise you would say this would not be acceptable coming from Kyoto Animation, but they are only trying to stay loyal to the main source. It's a parody anime, so you don't have to take it seriously. That also counts for the animation. The younger me would not find this good. Now I'm older, wiser and have more expierence in anime, I'd say they did well.

Sound: 8/10 (Very Good)
Soundwise the staff behind this anime also nailed it. First off all the opening song "Motteke! Sailor Fuku". It's so catchy even it's pretty much a bunch of gibberish! Many people say they mishear the openinglines within the opening song "I buy sausage." while I don't really hear it at all. Oh well. Atleast I loved the voice acting of several voice actors in this anime. Some voice actors really outdid themselves to be My Darlin' Darlin' Freeze! \o/

Character: 9/10 (Great)
First of all we have the Hiiragi twins, Tsukasa and Kagami. While Tsukasa is the innocent younger sister from the two, she still counts on her slighty older twin tsundere sister Kagami. Then we have cute well mannered Miyuki Takara. She got treated by the moe archtype. Last but not least; we have Konata Izumi, the lazy otaku and pretty much the most populair character of this show.

Enjoyment: 8/10 (Very Good)
As I previous already said; I really did enjoy this show. When this anime ended, I kinda felt a small void, because I really felt a lot of warmth and joy while watching this. It really does show you can enjoy an anime even if you would have hated it about 12 years ago. Even with that certain scene with Konata and her dad taking pictures of each other I was nearly on the verge of crying because of a personal family isseu.

Overall: 8/10 (Very Good)
With filled full of references of anime and games, the obvious tone you don't have to take this anime seriously while being a slice of life anime, I would like to give this anime a wel earned 8 out of 10.

*"Koi no Mikuru Densetsu" starts playing in the background*