Sep 8, 2019
Pixeldrum (All reviews)
It's basically a hit or miss. I mean, it wasn't particularly bad in any way, and nor was it good. It didn't quite captivate me and make me want to keep on watching despite the interesting premise of the show (of course, this show got some inspiration from utena undeniably).

The cast of characters is as boring as it gets. Stoic, mysterious childhood friend with an "untalented" MC that's a klutz, sleeps late, and bumbling about as a happy student.

I guess the reason why I didn't want to watch is because the ending looks predictable, and it pretty much panned out the way I guessed it would ( I took a peek at episode 12), and the "ride there" doesn't really interest me either. I don't know. Maybe it's just not my type of genre.

And I'm not going to mention the staff lineup and studio and how they're so goddamn great. Maybe you should judge an individual work based on their own performances rather than kissing up to specific brands? Kind of just get irritated when people spend half their reviews talking about the amazing staff. Great, but I'd rather have a no name studio make a show if the show is better than a team of elites.

It's kind of a niche anime I'd say, and I can't say I liked it myself, but I can see how other people can. I've seen too many shows similar to this, and don't want to subject myself to 12 episode of mediocre plot, storytelling, and characters.