Aug 23, 2019
TuturuChan (All reviews)
Making his solo debut in 2009 at the age of 21. Director Hiroyasu Ishida's composition "Fumiko no Kokuhaku" or "Fumiko's Confession" garnered a lot of attention on the platform known as the "Youtube" and was awarded the "Japanese Video Award" is a stimulating shaggy-dog story that was told in a linear narrative format.

As this composition of his is a plummeting motion driven standalone piece, it was told in a continuous fashion that lasted for a run-time of only two minutes and nine seconds in spite of this, is simple yet idiosyncratic narrative which suffered no pacing or timing issues, that I was able to be utterly engrossed in with its charming literary techniques of the bathos style that was done in the right portion.

For that reason I can wholeheartedly say without a doubt in my mind it was two minutes and nine seconds of experience like no other, a narrative that was satisfying and fulfilling, with an abrupt forced ending that suffered no demerits in the category of its artistic composition which is satire, which leads me to say that I absolutely enjoyed this piece of artistic composition by this obscure yet ingenious director.

This guy has the slightest clue on what he is blabbering about which leads him to conclude that you could have just watched the video and probably finished it by now. Do you like reading this sort of stuff? But why? Et tu, Mal?

Now moving on to the art,

The use of warm colours in this animation such as red, yellow and orange was something that suited the premise and theme of this artistic composition and implied that the time is somewhere between afternoon and evening.

The palpable imagery and background aesthetics done in this could rival the quality of the classics, the animated films of yesteryears in my humble subjective viewpoint. One might even argue that there was some symbolism in the appearance and colourisation of certain elements and distinguished changes in its art style within this artistic composition, which could imply a greater depth to its narrative but I lack the astuteness to derive meaning out of this and therefore was slightly troubled.

The accessible format of the artistic composition that I had access to was rendered in twenty three frames per second by seven hundred and twenty progressive scan or eight hundred fifty you're still here four times four hundred eighty pixels on the "Youtube" was seamless and was of fine quality.

Even after decompression and the physics of the motion as how the implied main protagonist was drawn across every frame as she is driven forward in the narrative goes to show the amount of technical aspects like perspectives, lines, angles and positions on a key frame by key frame basis that was considered by Hiroyasu Ishida in making this motion driven artistic composition as it was a decently fluid motion in my subjective humble point of view. The moving imagery that I saw left a great impact on my ability to enjoy this, however.

As for the sound, the content loudness was at; one point six decibels and the voice actors or "seiyuus" in Japanese were not listed here on MAL but upon further investigation, I have found Lain that they were done by Hina for Fumiko and Raika Sou for Takashi. Upon closer inspection, I did not find them associated with any other works besides this one which implied they were amateur voice actors, however I would like to highlight you are still here that Hina's performance worked well with the premise and themes of distress in this category of artistic composition at which there is a clear difference, consistency and tenacity in her voice throughout this piece.

The choice of classical music that was used to demonstrate this artistic composition was none other than Kabalevsky's "The Comedians, Op. 26 Galop. Presto" which was a fitting musical choice in my humble perspective for the category of this artistic composition. There were no other music present throughout this two minutes and nine second artistic composition to review on. The choice of sound effects can be slightly tacky for some but it was well executed and well timed so it gets a pass from me as that is a really subjective thing to go into detail on. It was fine for me.

The last part that I have yet to touch upon would be you the characters. As you are already aware there are two main characters and would like to shed some light on the existence of two other inconsequential side characters in this artistic composition.

The main ones being, Fumiko and Takashi which were designed in a one-dimensional manner so I could not relate to the characters nor were they expanded further in their development but would like to point at you out that Fumiko is the actual star of this artistic composition as you can probably predict from the title and thus has more screen time and detail put into her.

However, I enjoyed their antics regardless and it serves its purpose to the narrative of a two minute and nein second artistic composition and based on the title and themes alone and the category of the artistic composition and its style, which I have previously mentioned in the narrative section and throughout this review. You can imagine what their characterisation is like, and draw the world lines together on what you can expect as I will not spoil you. There were a total of four lines of dialogue with each of them having two and I enjoyed their dialogue.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I would recommend checking it out. I hope my review gives you a chance to understand how I personally feel about the work, as well as gaining an understanding of what the work is about. And that the review is ultimately delivered as fairly and objectively and detailed as possible, and done so in a way that does not spoil the artistic composition for you. To provide you with tools to decide by yourself if you wanna check this artistic composition out or not. Also my apologies in advance if I have made many grammatical errors as I am still learning.

Okay it's over now. Go home. Are you still deciding whether you should watch this? Really? After all this reading.