Aug 17, 2019
TuturuChan (All reviews)
So you've watched all 26 episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Congratulations.

There, there. It's okay.

Now you are ready to join us.

one of us.

So you see the Evangelion franchise is what Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is to Anime. too big for its own good.

I'm kidding I'm not gonna give you that elitist talk crap. screw em.

Why do I choose really hard to review titles is beyond me, maybe masochism?

*Review*

Okay let me be frank there was a time when I was a noob.

I thought this was utter garbage and complete drivel. In hindsight. It's not utter garbage it's a trainwreck of garbage trains.. Catching fire and explosion!! which can be seen to happen within the first 2 minutes of this movie. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I get it. The more I consume anime. the more that this symbolism makes sense.

I mean you don't get on screen loli like you used to back in the day. You know?

Hahahahahaha.

But you know what. It's daijoubu.

And the wet dream at the end isn't that some foreshadowing of 50 shades of grey absolutely brilliant. Instantly, classic literature.

Look I'm not a moralfag

I have always appreciated only a few aspects of this movie.

I find it really funny and endearing and my suspension of disbelief allowed me to enjoy;

The pleasant imagery, great soundtrack and huge memebility. That's all this movie has to offer for me.

It's a mediocre moral of the story movie wrapped under thick mediocre symbolism/philosophy drivel. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

And if you have depression, reclusiveness and suicidal tendencies I advise you to avoid this unless you can seperate your emotional state from enjoying a mediocre movie that has themes that shit talk you.

Oh don't get me wrong I understood The End of Evangelion.

Behind that exposition dump of a mediocre plot and the poor religious and existential symbolism.

It's just a cheap "wake up you are sick and disgusting" letter to otakus and people with depression. No, it's a huge middle finger to otakus.

Also

From a narrative standpoint it's bad, it's appalling, it's shitty, abhorrent, mental, incoherent, stupid, tryhard and edgy.

Final score: 10/10

Daddy Hideaki Anno pls abuse us more. We love it when you punish us and whisper sweet nothings like "you are worthless and disgusting, get help" into our ears. <3

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)