Feb 10, 2019
zeralul (All reviews)
This movie reminded me so much of Your Lie in April that it almost ruined it for me. But on that note, if you liked Your Lie in April, then you will probably like Pancreas.

The art and the sound were OK, at the level you'd expect from a popular anime movie. I don't think they're going to be taking home any awards, but it's fine.

The characters and the story did most of the heavy lifting here. Everything that happens is relatively realistic and it's easy to empathize with the characters. It's lighthearted, self-aware, and sad when it needs to be. You find out pretty early on what happens in the end, so you won't be left wondering what the final outcome is. But you will be curious about the journey there and the relationship between the guy, "Me," and the girl, Sakura. And what a relationship it is!

Anyways, go ahead and unravel the mystery for yourself. It may not be the funniest or most heartfelt or tear-jerking anime of all time (like a main course), but it's good enough to be the free garlic bread that you always ask for more of because you're starving! 7/10