Nov 13, 2018
Fuuka (Manga) add (All reviews)
mangareader123 (All reviews)
Yuu Haruna is the typical shonen protagonist, a plain looking guy with no particular abilities. He meets an interesting girl, Fuuka and shares her interest in music. They met a few more friends and make a music band. That's the beginning of this manga, Fuuka.

I really love Beck, so I saw that Fuuka was recommended, what I also saw was that it had lots of downvotes, ie. many people have rated it 1/10 , and that's unreasonable. Maybe it is because when they started reading, they were expecting a sequel to Suzuka,(by Seo Kouji, same author), or maybe they were expecting a definite plot, sadly the manga takes a big turn within the first 40 chapters, I too was turned off by it, but then after that it just kept improving. Fuuka is a very engaging story with lovable characters. You should really give it a try, especially if you loved Beck.
PS. No manga can ever surpass Beck. MCP forever!!

Story:
The story is very simple, there is group of friends,
make a music band,
things get out of hand,
Now they're playing again.
( That's my rapping style)

Art:
The art is good, no compromise. Also there is LOTS of Fanservice. Lots of hot scenes. This ecchi part turned me off earlier, but later got used to it.

Characters:
Initially they all seem like stock characters but slowly but surely they improve. You'll find yourself rooting for them, that's when you know you are a fan of this band.

Enjoyment:
I would say this is the biggest strength of this manga, it is enjoyable throughout, and well paced. I read 200 chapters in just 4 days, it was unputdownable.

I started reading expecting an average manga, but now that I'm done I feel like I'll never forget this story, these guys, and their music.