Sep 26, 2018
Tringapore_98 (All reviews)
The claim that sequels are always better than prequels is true, because YNS S3 is better than S2. It's more relatable for me as each and every episode reminds me of the friendship I have with my best friend, the fun we have together, the jealousy and frustration that we have sometimes when we can't seem to find time to hang out with each other, and the problems we face which we share to each other. And YNS S3, it's just that. Less hiking on Yamas and more emphasis on personal relationships. Between Aoi and Hinata(of course cos they're the MCs) and between their friends. So w/o further ado, leggo start the ofc review!

P.S. This is gonna be quite a personal review so yea.

Story: Well I already gave a short summary of what YNS S3 is about. Sure there's episodes where they go hiking together, but 80% of the anime focuses on the deep friendship which Aoi and Hinata have with each other. What really attached me to this season of YNS is what I said earlier, the fun times and problems which Aoi and Hinata faced. It was extremely relatable towards the ending when both Aoi and Hinata seemed to just missed each other every time they wanna hang out with each other. Quite a mirror to my real life right now, with my friends in NS or are too busy, especially my best friend. Now that I look back at time, I do miss the times when me and my best friend could hang out with each other everyday after school, 4 years ago. So I can totally understand Hinata's feelings. That feeling of not being able to hang out with your best friend. I also like the fact that the anime tries to involve Honoka more in this season. And we could definitively see Honoka hanging out with ze gang(Aoi, Hinata, Kokona and Kaede) more this season. Granted, this season may not have been the most relaxing one due to the fact that it focuses on relationships more, but it was a very relatable season, at least for me.
Rating: 9.5/10

Animation: Kindof a hit and miss for this category. I like the fact that the producers try to make the scenery as realistic as possible, but when it comes to the faces, wow, I didn't like the way the animated some of the scenes. Felt cheap. At the same time of course the facial expressions were priceless most of the time.
Rating: 7.8/10

Music/Sound: As usual using the VAs to sing both the opening and endings song, me like. The soundtrack just makes me relax whenever it plays(and makes me think of going to Japan :v).
Rating: 8.3/10

Characters: For this review I don't have much to say about the characters, because we already know their personalities and character from past season. So for this section I just want to focus on Aoi and mostly Hinata. So as we know in past seasons, Aoi is kind and friendly, but she's also.... kinda.... idk she worries too much. During the last episode when she wanted to get a present for Hinata she just overthought what she was gonna get. Oh and add to that her constant thoughts of Hinata making fun of her..., yes that's very funny xD.
As for Hinata, this is the first time we see her being a little bit insecure about her friendship with Aoi which i can't blame her for that since she and Aoi seemed to be always missing out on each other for a few episodes. Ah yes her stubbornness is also a trait of her that is funny but also can be rather annoying. So.... I guess that's it for characters?
Rating: 8.7/10

Overall, this has gotta be my most relatable anime this season, because it reminds me so much of the relationship I have with my best friend and it is these kindof animes which I really love. I really do hope that they'll make an S4 because we havent seen Aoi conquer Mount Fuji yet.

Overall rating: 8.8/10