Aug 10, 2018
LizaSpade (All reviews)
After watching the first six episodes of Banana Fish, it has proven its self to be one of my favorite animes this year.

Story:
The plot is arguably the best part about this anime. The fast-paced actions scenes coupled with the well thought out actions of the characters (albeit gruesome) create an absolutely thrilling experience.

Characters:
The contrasting natures of the two main characters are enthralling. Ash being the stubborn and intelligent gang leader with a dark history, and Eiji a timider character just starting to regain his lost courage. In addition to this, I would like to point out the effort that has gone into the intriguing backgrounds of the MC's.

Art:
The art fits well with the story and does a fantastic job of properly portraying the characters.

Sound:
Admittedly, I'm one of those people who just skip the beginning, so I'll leave up to you to form your own opinion about this.

Overal Enjoyment:
Although I typically watch animes more on the line of The Irregular at Magic Highschool and was very reluctant to watch Banana Fish. Looking back, it was a move I don't regret taking. Whether you are like me, obsessed with the idea of magic, a thrill-seeking horror devotee, or simply someone watching for enjoyment. Banana fish will prove to be one of your favorite animes this season.