Jun 28, 2018
smoochumz (All reviews)
I'm just going to say it - I absolutely adored this short series. There is just so much to like about it. I just finished reading a different manga that didn't quite meet my expectations (by the same publisher as well), but reading this afterwards was like a breath of fresh air.

Trust me, there are a lot of ways they could have gone wrong with this... but they absolutely nailed it on the head with the characters, story, and art. It's so cute and clever and funny that the fan service feels like a side show. Here's the thing about the fan service in this series - it's blatantly there but it's also far from pandery and actually makes sense with the story; hence why I think it's more cutesy and entertaining than anything. You don't have massively over-sized titties flopping around everywhere, it's just a bunch of cute girls who are helping each other merge into society after turning from animal into human, therefore learning things like bathing and swimming are naturally a part of that process.

The art is relatively top-shelf quality and very easy to follow. I could see this getting a short anime adaptation and doing really well provided they execute it with this same formula. It's just such a cute slice of life with its own unique twist and just adds up to be something quite sweet and entertaining. It reminds me of Dragon Maid for these reasons, though Dragon Maid is a masterpiece in its own right, but I also see a lot of potential with this series.

I'm sort of sad it's only 2 volumes long and I would definitely buy more if there was more to buy. I love Seven Seas for providing the bizarre and diverse stories that they do, even if you never know if it's gonna be a hit or miss, but this one is definitely a hit in my humble opinion. I highly recommend it to anyone who thinks they might like it!