Jun 25, 2018
Preliminary (27/? chp)
“If you win, you get another one for free!”

- Boxxo

Story!

Isekai vending machine, pans out exactly as how one might expect from such a crazy title. The main character is a vending machine maniac that got reincarnated into a vending machine, in another world where monsters and magic is commonplace. The concept of the story is unique and feels like a breath of fresh air from the list of rpg and fantasy series in the genre. If you like isekai novels that are lighthearted and comical, then this book is for you! But if your into world-building and OP characters, then this might not be your cup of tea.

Art!

There’s really nothing much you can say about the art style. But in terms of compatibility, the lively and energetic character designs, really fits in with the overall mood and tone of the book. Personally, I really like the character designs for Boxxo and Ramiss.

Character!

The characters are all unique and entertaining. Stereotypical characters such as Shirley and Suori doesn’t really get in the way of storytelling that much, and are mostly in it for the comedic relief. Aside from the other characters, what really stood out for me was the way the main characters were written. Personally, I really like the fact that the protagonist and the main heroine’s role get’s thrown upside down throughout the story.

Enjoyment!

Personally, I really enjoyed the story and the way the characters interact with each other. And if you compare it to other series of the genre, it could easily hold it’s own against other titles with the same premise such as Kumo desu ga nani ka?, and surprisingly stand toe-to-toe, with isekai comedy such as Konosuba. Honestly, with the increasing demand for isekai anime, It wouldn’t really be surprising to see this novel get an anime adaption, within the next 3-5 years at best. Come to think of it, I wonder how they’ll handle the coca-cola and mentos scene in the anime? (laughs)
Reviewer’s Rating: 10
What did you think of this review?
Nice Nice0