Apr 26, 2018
Karhu (All reviews)
Dances with the Dragons is certainly a badass name for a show which is both: bad and ass.

When I heard the main character is called Jerde Dolk Melios Ashley Boeuf Gigina, I assumed upon introducing himself, he would continue this with something like "friends call me Billy." but unfortunately the author of this series was completely serious when they wrote this piece of shit name monster. This petty much sums the series' biggest mistake. It tried to be serious when it was obviously so bad it could have only carried itself as a comedy or alternatively by creating content that is so over the top it becomes entertaining to watch.

Basically elf-people, philosophers and high school kids who wear classes and look like bishonen princes are fighting against dragons in a fantasy universe filled with technology. Sounds great once again until you remember the series tries to be serious. Pretty much the only way to enjoy this show is to mock it and view it ironically, but it comes off so lacklustery it's nearly impossible to find even one detail or factor that can be laughed at. The show is simply the visual representation of "nothing". Not even tabulara rasa is this content-lacking.

I somewhat enjoyed the scenes where MC for example took an elf-lady in a manly fashion while she whispered "baka". Pretty much all the entertainment the series can offers lies within fanservice where main characters grope tits and embarrass elf ladies in lewd ways.

Maybe ppl who have sicker sense of humor than myself can find some enjoyment in this, but be warned, I was able to enjoy shows such as Hand Shakers, Guilty Crown, Sword Art Online, Death March, Shingeki no Kyojin and even Mirai Nikki ironically. This show is where my humor stops.